Structure Disruption Generator
As we all know the Ageis sov mechanics and the current structure mechanics are some of the most hotly debated issues at this moment. I have been thinking of a solution to this and have come up with this; the “Structure Disruption Generator” (SDG), which will function akin to the Sovereignty Blockade Units of before, but with some changes.
This item would be a new deployable which would replace the current player defined vulnerability mechanic, and is used as follows:
- The SDG is deployed within range of a structure ( ~100km or whatever). (Meant to be within range of the defenses of the structure)
- The SDG must be activated using an Entosis Link, with an activation time tied to the index of the system.
- Once activated the structure is now vulnerable and open to attack like they are now.
- The rest of the flow would be the same as it is now.
- Force the attacking force off the SDG.
- Shoot it. (Would have a sizeable amount of EHP)
- Once it is destroyed the structure is secure again and another attack would have to be organized.
The disruption abilities of the generator prevents the structure itself from locking it to destroy it. i.e. the structure can help force off the attacking fleet but still requires player intervention to destroy it.
The sizeable amount of EHP is meant to prevent small solo operations of defending. i.e. 1 guy in a tristan can’t easily go kill it, as well as generating killmails :).
The amount of SDGs needed to force a structure depends on the size of it. i.e. A keepstar would require more of them online than a Raitaru.
The SDG would probably also be tied to a change in the number of reinforced cycles, so that the smaller ones are easier to kill.
The SDG itself would probably be made from mostly PI materials, possibly with a few of each racial T2 comps.
Possible other ideas:
Have it do a set amount of damage to the structure while online not included in the DPS limit when the SDG is not contested. So smaller forces are able to guerilla reinforce undefended structures more quickly, and so it wouldn’t take as long to destroy undefended structures in general.
The SDG could also have various effects on the structure, such as disabling tether, repair, cloning et once a certain amount are online. Similar to the services in the old stations.