Structure Hacking for more detailed manifests (docking times, saved fits, deposit history, etc.)

In wormholes it certainly would be. I’d argue there is still value in known space recieving a rough value estimate of goods being sent to asset safety compared to what drops from modules or corporate hangar.

That would just overload whatever server the evaluation is run on every time someone was stupid enough to “hack” a citadel in perimeter or the staging of a large alliance like 1DQ1-A when parsing through all the assets in there. Hopefully it’s not right on the node so we can’t “asset tank” citadels by hacking it when someone attack it to have the server get stuck with countless db queries over thousands of items in thousands hangars…

It’s not updating asset values in real time and serving that info to the player. Similar to the net worth tracker it takes a snapshot every 12 hours or however long is practical. When a player ‘hacks’ a structure they are served that current snapshot. That’s minimal load.

If that was a thing it would already be an issue with current net worth trackers and players opening their character sheets during fleet fights.

Except your net worth is calculated across the universe. You’d need different queries to get only 1 station/citadel of data.

So tabulating all the asset data in the universe every 12 hours for every single player is more difficult than running a value check on all the assets in every station every 12 hours?

Sure, it’s by no means a small task yet players outnumber stations quite considerably. I reckon CCP can manage the brain in a box for structures.

Addendum: Players may pay CONCORD cyber security division a monthly fee to raise structures hacking difficulty by 1 or 3 levels depending on the payment package.

Structure hacking difficulty is also automatically raised by 1 level for any defending corporation under war declaration.

I dont see ny real reason for any of this , when tools for actively getting most of this data already exists…

Now going suspect…dont really need that, but a corp/alliance wide ping notification for someone hacking…that would be acceptable.

today EvE is on the path to hell…since i agree with @Salt_Foambreaker

I can just image the deluge of pings. People would just shut it off. At least with notifications on structure attacks they put 5% damage threshold to mitigate message spam. There’s really little threshold for data hacks. Either someone completes it or they don’t.

I would rather make hacks more difficult to do or spawn multiple hack nodes in a system to keep people around longer.

Edit: Funny thread reference on structure message spam. It wasn’t just player attacks that triggered those; FOB rats as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.