Struggling to find a Cloaky Hunter PvP Proteus fit

So I’m having a hell of a time trying to fit a decent cloaky hunter Proteus. I don’t have a lot of time to play EVE so using the ghost fitting tool for the hour or two I get to play on the few nights I play doesn’t really get me too far.

I know the changes have essentially made the Proteus far less effective than it used to be but this ship has to still be able to fit a decent hunter fit, right? It did reign supreme for this purpose which was why I trained it. Anyway, I’m running into PWG issues (currently training Adv Weap Upr V) but that will only net me a little more per turret module.

I really want to be able to sneak up on people and use blasters in their face but the tank is never up to snuff, even with dual rep faction modules. Am I going about this fit the wrong way? Should I be fitting this like a Stratios and using neuts/drones?

I appreciate any feedback and apologies for being a mooch, just looking for advice.

thanks!

Proteus - Proteus
[Proteus, Proteus]
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Cap Battery II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor
Proteus Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Encoding Platform
Proteus Propulsion - Localized Injectors

Hobgoblin II x5

Not sure what would fit in the 4th mid slot. But this might be your normal passive fit.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll have to try this out when I get home from work.

I wish there was an up to date website like o.smium so I could play around with these things.

o7

1 Like

I actually have Pyfa but that goes hand in hand with being unable to access it outside of those few hours I have a week.

Appreciate the input though. Mobile/Website based would be my only best bet as I can access it during work hours.

I use Neocom for iPhone. Used it to create that fit even :wink:

Speaking of which: You can use ions instead of neutrons which allows for T2 plate and larger cap battery. Also bling according to budget ofcourse.

1 Like

That’s my second issue, I’m on Android… :joy:

Thanks for the tips! I’ll probably go Ion so I can squeeze whatever tank I can out of it.

So I went home and tried out the fit on my Proteus and this is by far 200% better DPS than my current active armor tank non cloaky fit. The resist profile isn’t huge but it’s not terrible either which is fine because the passive tank should be enough for any engagement I’m going to put myself in. None of this is even factoring in bling either so it’s only going to get better.

Thanks for the hookup! This is awesome.

o7

1 Like

Glad I could help! Proteus isnt meant to be active tanked for pvp if you ask me. Non-cloaky it gets even more dps and tank.

1 Like

You go drones either.

[Proteus, Proteus]
Damage Control II
1600mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Centii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactive Armor Hardener

10MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M

Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Ogre II x4

The thing that jumps out now is that it is tight on cpu hence the bling.

One key point is use restrained plates if they fit they have less mass.

Also the fusion sub is really strong I am unsure you need the cap battery try the other prop sub for an extra low and try an RAH for filling resistance hole.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvlJdMzaw4&t=95s

Maybe that´s an inspiration for you

3 Likes

Thanks, this is excellent. Question on the RAH though, doesn’t that take a couple cycles to fully account for your resist holes? By then I may be bacon bits.

I’m definitely running into an Explosive resist hole. I managed to tweak it with a Centii B-type Adaptive Nano Plating/Armor Explosive Hardener II/DC II. While this puts my resists at 71/72/85/81. It takes about 100DPS off as I have to sub one of the Magnetic field Stabilizer IIs. So I’m only getting about 790 DPS overheated.

That would be my safest fit I think. The previous fit I had kind of mimicked the video and would get over 800 DPS overheated with 58K EHP. Although the resist was 77/77/85/67.

Because you’re cloaked you can choose what to engage, I run an explosive hole alot of the time as the only things that shoot explosive are minmatar (once they figure out to switch to fusion or nova), HAM legions (again, switching to nova) and minmatar drone (which do the least DPS).

If you come across one of these, you can choose not to engage and warp off silently. Probably best as a shield Loki will have a range control advantage, and most of them (mine anyway) plug their shield thermal and kinetic holes so hard, you’re blasters won’t have a lot of kick to them. The legion might be a good fight though.

IMO, the only holes to worry about are Kin and Them, as that takes the edge off face melting blaster DPS, Caldari kinetic locked ships and high DPS Thermal drones most people use.

1 Like

That actually makes me feel quite a bit better about the fit lol. Obviously want to plug whatever holes I can (chuckle) but you are right in that cloaky’s can choose engagements.

Thanks for the input!

[Proteus, Hmmm, proteus]
Corpum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
50MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Heavy Electron Blaster II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Praetor II x4
Acolyte II x10
Berserker II x4

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x80
Null M x2000
Void M x2000
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x8

2 Likes

Sorry for being late to the party. I’ve been away from Eve for almost a year, and signed on the other day to a very rude surprise. I knew the nerf bat was coming, but damn.

But then I started looking closer and really considering the compromises they made. Obviously, they wanted to end the insanity-tank most of us were guilty of fielding. Combining the Covert sub with the Active-rep sub seemed fair, though I’m still very partial to buffer fits (even on the Deimos gasp).

One thing I’m really excited about is being able to use the old Hybrid sub with the Covert sub. The tracking bonus will help bigtime against small targets, and improve my obsession with using Void on everything. The falloff bonus also helps apply damage on approach or if you need to stay out of neut/web range.

So, we’ve lost valuable lowslots and PG, forcing us to compromise. I’m surprised to see everyone in this thread giving up the Friction sub and the extrndes range scram for the sake of PG. Personally, I rely too heavily on that long-scram capability to catch my prey. Lets face it, everything is faster than the Prote, and you’ve got 5 seconds plus targeting time for them to pull range or warp out. Being able to hold your opponent scrammed out to 19km also gives you the chance to escape if you need to.

For me, its always been about EHP/DPS ratio. No, literally: EHP /divided by/ DPS. I often flew what most would consider an under-tanked Prote (lol) for the sake of HULK-SMASH! dps. As much as four mag-stabs and a hybrid rig at one point (and it worked brutally well!) And, with this new arrangement. you can field six nuetron blasters with a 10% bonus per level instead of the previous five guns and 5%? This could be… hilarious…

So, I tinkered with single-rep and dual-rep fits with a medium cap booster each, and a plate fit. I wont give up my friction sub, which rules out a 1600mm plate, but an 800mm gives the trade-off of better speed and handling. Using transverse bulkheads and a DC in place of trimarks also helps retain speed with minimal loss of ehp. T2 or faction explosive plating and A-type Adaptive plating helps resists and frees up CPU (only bling i really insist on other than the scram).

Also, the Gravitational Sub, in place of the Localized Injectors, trades a mid for a low slot, and adds 25% agility and warp acceleration/speed. More damage, more agility, and the ability to beat your prey to a warp-in? Yes please!

So far, I’ve settled on a plate fit with 42k-ehp (in game), an insane 1080dps heated with hobs, and just about the fastest and most agile you can hope for in the most brick-like cruiser New Eden has ever seen. Open to thoughts comments or concerns! Happy hunting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.