Stuck at 60% with a difficulty level 4 site

Hi, as I said in the title, I’m stuck at 60% scanning a difficulty level 4 site. I use an Heron with standard probes, small gravity capacitor upgrade I and small emission scope sharpener I, I only want to know if it’s possible to scan it or I need to wait to have higher skills and better ship.

wait for better ships, better skills.
Use sisters probes, not standard
You can also use a “rangefining” and a “pinpointing” modules (forgot the names) that you fit in mid

but honestly, it is normal that you cannot succeed in doing difficult things with a t1 ship, t1 mods, and probably low levels of skills
when you start climbing, you cannot climb Everest Mountain

That’s right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so you know, even with all level 5 skills and faction gear some sites are very hard to probe down and level 4 is one of them.

I think a DED 10/10 is level 5 and some sleeper caches are too and even I with my level 5 skills and a sister launcher have to go down to 0.25AU pinpoint formation to probe it to 100%.

Rule of thumb is, if you cannot probe it down, you are not ready for this site anyway, so don’t despair.

Something strange happened to me, with perfect skills I had relic in HS that need to be 0.5 or even 0.25 to be probed down.

Every space has it’s 1.25% strength sides.

I noticed that too. I think this happens for a year now that some signatures need to be probed down with the 0.25AU pinpoint formation in highsec, even though they are just low tier relic sites with the lowest hacking difficulty.

It was from one day to the next after a patch but I don’t remember which one that this happens, it weird.

What is your scanning strength? Post a number. Did you try to manually reposition your probes on the signature to get on that 60%?

You can scan level IV site in a heron, but you need skills for that. Level IV is the most difficult one, except the only one site which is level V and that is Superior Sleeper Cache.

I am on mobile now, so nothing precise, but I would say that if your max is 60procemts then you can’t bend it and you need to train skills.

When you can no more reduce the radius of probes, If you bring probes closer together nearly into a one bubble, you can get few more percent, but not much. With my skills I can get additional 2%, 3%.

Also what people say, ship with bonuses to scanning, scanning implants, scanning modules adding scanning strength, scanning rigs, sister probes and launcher. Scanning strength is important for scanning anomalies, pinpointing I think is more usefull for scanning other stuff like ships.

[Heron, Heron fit]

[Empty Low slot]
[Empty Low slot]

Scan Rangefinding Array I

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
[Empty Rig slot]

Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Pinpointing AP-602
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Acquisition AQ-702
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-802

Alpha should have ability to use it I think. Empty slots you can fill with some stuff you like, you can just hold everything usable for ship in cargo, using mobile cargo depot to change to propulsion modules, weapons and data/relic analyzers when you scan down stuff, or just use stations.

Sometimes when you have hard site as Alpha you can still try your luck. Maybe you will omit the harder nodes and get straight to the core.

I’ve read 120 strength being the minimum for level 5s, sleeper sites included, the rest is perfect positioning of the probes.

109, not 120.

104 not 109 is the lowest needed for superior sleeper site which is the hardest scan.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.