Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

I suggest that to all that are going to stay, buy at least 2 accounts, that way you have something to gank.

I might be a mean virtual spare pirate griefer scumbag, but I lead a pretty wholesome life outside of the game, and sure as hell don’t deserve a fate as terrible as working for this company. I wouldn’t accept a job from CCP even if my work responsibilities consisted entirely of being hand-fed grapes, having oil massaged on my glistening pecs, and being fanned with a palm leaf by half a dozen of their finest Inuit supermodels.

I might work for them if the provided two maids and a paddle.

1 Like

I don’t understand why so many people are outraged about this

1 Like

Because they do not like to be milked.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself, pal.

3 Likes

how does this “milk” anyone? they changed some stats on a generic module, just change your fit and if nothing will suffice for the activity your doing then you might have a case

1 Like

Sure! I will buy ISK for PLEX, next I will buy purple fit and all will be back to normal. :rofl:

what could you possibly be doing that would require officer fit? what are you doing now that you won’t be able to do after the nerf i’m genuinely curious

1 Like

I’ll overcome 20% resistance nerf. :grinning:

Well Fourteen, as CCP themselves have stated this will lead to more destruction more battles more of everything meaning that players will have to have more isk to buy more ships, and if they cannot grind the isk, CCP hopes you will buy more plex.

1 Like

He won’t be able to AFK through missions while tabbing out to read Saddam Hussein’s steamy erotic fiction novels, and will actually have to hit that shield booster more than once every three minutes.

As part of what we did, we always asked our targets why they did what they did (high-sec mining, mission-running, etc.), and the response that came back was consistently along the lines of “because I can do something else while I do this” or “because I can do this and smoke weed” or whatever. Like a good two-thirds of the time, I’d say. It was much rarer to hear someone say that they like the game’s lore, or that the income was very good, or that their grandpappy was a coal miner and they wanted to honor his memory by sucking Veld, or whatever.

I am serious.

2 Likes

If people make less ISK from PvE, then the prices of goods will come down accordingly. If the prices of goods come down, then PLEX will also become cheaper. Everything is in relation to everything else, and there will always be an equilibrium point that ties the price of a single month of game time to a certain amount of in-game labor.

People are up in arms over nothing, as very little will change with regard to income distribution and proportionality, since this change impacts everyone equally. In fact, I’d venture to say that if anything, industrialists will actually receive a slight benefit, because they aren’t going to be taking more losses from PvP (“we’re going to kill you regardless of whether we need 5 ships or 20, bro, trust me”), while the PvPers are likely to need more goods since the pace of loss will be accelerated.

2 Likes

Lol, the point is they want you buy plex, lol. They get no sub income from alphas, so they need alphas to buy plex from CCP

2 Likes

The best way to get them to reconsider is to be more specific about what you’re doing

This is a fit:

This is what i do with it:

This is why it won’t be possible anymore:

Sure, but why shouldn’t they? They’re a business, and their goal is to turn a profit.

I really don’t understand why people talk about companies (not you, just in general), and get so puffed up because “they’re just greedy and only want to make money!” I mean, duh? Do you work for free?

Companies can go overboard sometimes, but striving to turn every customer into a paying customer is a fairly reasonable goal.

Are Rockets, HAMS, and Torpedoes not close range ammo?

Also the resist nerf just killed Tinkers for competitive (AT, etc).

I didn’t say there anything wrong with selling plex. I said it was their goal by creating more havoc in the game therefore creating a greater demand for isk. The problem I see, this doesn’t really pull much isk of the system, its a slow machination to reduce the volume of isk. A better approach might be to make content that high end want and will pay an NPC millions or billions to have, that would pull vast amounts of stored isk and material of the system.

No, they aren’t. Rage isn’t mentioned in the dev blog alongside the other ammo types, nobody has asked this before, and no reply to this question has been given yet. The whole thread is so people may talk about other things, so there is no point in checking any of that…

1 Like

“As a first step in this direction, there will be an increase to the damage of all close range Tech II ammo (excluding exotic plasma) by 15%. This means Conflagration, Hail, Rage, and of course Void will all be packing an extra punch.”

1 Like