Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Actually, yes, they are. Leaving out Rage ammo missiles when giving a buff to Void, Hail, etc seems like an honest oversight. So I asked. It’s a legitimate question.

Holy crap I’m blind. Says Rage right in there. ty.

1 Like

Of course it’s a legitimate question. So legitimate that it has only been asked like half a dozen times already and needs to keep being asked more, so more and more posts are added to this thread. No point in checking whether it has been asked and answered multiple times already, much better keep adding posts to the thread instead…

Uh; because when people unsub there will be less profit? Doesn’t take a genius to see the 2nd and 3rd order effects.

2 Likes

Is it already on SISI?

What does that have to do with what I said? CCP’s goal is to sell as many subs and/or PLEX to have as many paying accounts as possible. They achieve this by creating value in exchange for subbing.

If people leave the game due to changes they dislike, it’s sad, but a necessary gamble in order to improve the game and ultimately make it grow. Some changes have worked (e.g. adding wormholes) and some haven’t (e.g. killing HS PvP, adding massive inflation through incursions), but the game is fairly stable so they have to be doing at least some things right.

It is highly unlikely that dropping resists by 20% will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, and makes so many people drop their subs that the game will actually be hurt by it.

yeah - ok.

No it’s not all we do, at all.

I quoted a part of your last usefull post, and answered it with a sincere and argumented answer.

But of course, you will “not bother” answering it, because “I am a troll”, nothing to do with the fact that I just proved you wrong, right?

1 Like

Using NPC-corp alts to accuse pro-PvP (as in “in favor of”) players who post on their mains with long, established histories of being trolls has been these people’s modus operandi since the very beginning. It is a tired, old, red herring strategy to discredit their opponents in front of any casual observers, and lead participants away from the discussion.

1 Like

so far from what I have seen all yall have done is make it hell for non-pvp pilots. but then again since yall are pushing for code and their dogma it is to be expected. I just recently achieved the skills to fly and fit capital class ships and now everything is changing meaning that unless I have a corp bankrolling me or alliance bankrolling me it was a complete waste of time training into capital. probably be better off getting skill extractors and removing all those skills since there is no point since I am a CEO of a small corp that if we got lucky might be able to field one capital and then hold out hope to use it to bring in more funds but now that EVE is turning into a pure pvp environment it is not a good thing for us.

You say you are trying to make the game more balanced and yet everything you have done recently is doing the opposite. I am able to mine and function because of my Skiff being fitted to use resistances to my advantage but now you are taking them away. are you punishing all passive defense players or something here because from where I am sitting it seems like you are pushing for straight active tanking? why not just pull all mining barges and exhumers from the game as well since you have made them so much easier to kill now but hey Code will be singing your salutations for this as well as all the other high-sec griefers who look for just easy prey that can’t fight back.

Now I know that I will get slandered and a ton of pilots will be mocking this post because of what I am saying but all they are doing is proving my point. CCP says they are hearing what everyone is saying HA!!! more like giant alliances and massive corporations because the small guys like me and others are just getting screwed without even the politeness of a reach around here! I am not asking for an easier game but just that you realize that not every pilot is backed by massive corporations or giant alliances. A bunch of us are just pilots who work small jobs and get on eve online to escape our ■■■■ lives. Now you are making our escape less of an escape but just an extension of ■■■■.

So I am willing to wait and see but as it stands I am not looking forward to the 15 I am dreading it because my defense against the assholes like your code brothers is now being removed. the hulk retriever Mackinaw and covetore are useless and worthless because of your debuffs. Hell, a Minmitar shuttle will have more HP and survivability than any of those ships will!! Great just Fragging great Welcome to EVE online where you are rewarded for griefing and being an ass but if your here to play honestly and looking for fun just keep looking.

Let’s see what your grand plan is for the future because from where I am sitting it don’t look good.

4 Likes

Everybody, in High-sec, Low-sec, and Null-sec, always seeks in priority the fights that they are most likely to win.

This isn’t “being a griefer”, this is “possessing common sense”.

Besides, as explained so many times in so many places, “prey that can’t fight back” is something that do not exist in EvE.

Everybody can fight back, one way or an other.

Of course, this would imply actually playing the game, and maybe for once in your life piloting something else than your mining barge.

By the way:

You and other players like you loose any right to call us “trolls” when you openly troll the whole thread with such absurd statements.

1 Like

It’s so weird seeing (supposedly) grown individuals who play this game make these kind of statements.

To most players with a brain, CODE. is irrelevant. CODE. only goes after the worst of the bad players. The ones who sit there afk on a belt, not even paying attention to the game.

CODE. is just another player corporation. They’re roleplayers. That’s all. And yet, kids like Ragori here are sitting, fuming, because they believe CODE. to be some giant conspiracy with CCP. How small and meaningless is your existence in a video game that you’re SO mad at a roleplaying corporation?

Well, it’s understandable: For a player who will never visit anything else in EvE than the Asteroid Belts of High-sec systems, and even worst, only of systems close to trade Hub, CODE. obviously look more like a permanent threat than for a player who actually go further than that.

On another note, hull tanked autocannon Machariels are sexy now.

2 Likes

https://i.redd.it/lbrtc4blq1s41.png the people have spoken, best change in a long time CCP.

2 Likes

People will spoke with their wallets - in a week. :laughing:

6 Likes

Hey Ronimil, first and foremost thanks for exchanging ideas and not just saying something to the effect of ‘I disagree with you, therefore I’m right and you’re wrong.’ Like most of the responses I got so far.

Someone earlier pointed out to me that it’s likely CCP made this change to further the need for players to buy PLEX. It makes sense, given that:

• Ships are weaker, die more in all combat situations
  • Minerals are in far less supply with the shortage, ships cost more
  • Ships are weaker, harder to pve and earn isk (it will be)

Less isk, more death, and more expensive replacements = major disruption to player income streams and play styles. The equalizer in this case for a quick workaround is PLEX. I do hope you’re right and CCP is making these changes with better intentions than what I cited above.

1 Like

We will measure these numbers in a week, I assure you that they will not be the same :wink:

1 Like

Well they will, but maybe not in the direction you believe they will.

I’m not even trying to be mean or to trashtalk right now, but it is a known fact on the internet that Game Forums are where the vast majority of players who just complain about everything are, and other social medias are where more nuanced players are.

I could go on with what I believe is the reason for that demographic difference, but this would be subjective, and not really the point.

What I mean is, if you look at other EvE related social medias, Reddit for example since it’s the most active, the number of happy people you see there far outweight the number of unhappy people you see here.

So, yeah. Be careful what you wish for, this whole “Vote with my wallet!!” thing is potentially about to slap you in the face.

Edit: Hmmm. After checking again, it looks less favorable than in the first hours. Still easily more nuanced than the super dramatized version offered by the forum, but there are also noticeable negative feedbacks down there, I admit it.

2 Likes

This is just tinfoil.
CCP are trying to normalize production and destruction so that by the time you lose a ship you don’t have 3 more of the same ship in your hanger already, and losses actually matter.

People buying plex to sell for isk won’t work the way you think because there is less isk out there, so they would flood the market massively depressing plex prices. Which would therefore result in it not being worth it to buy plex at all for isk.

2 Likes