Random wormhole bubbles are rare. You mostly see them when:
- Someone has spotted you, and correctly guessed the route you are going to take out of the system.
- High sec connections very close to Jita/Amarr, or in chokepoints of chains leadings to such a connection.
If you jump a wormhole, and land in a bubble, first of all DON’T PANIC!!! You have several options available to you, depending on what you are flying. Wait out your jump cloak, asses the situation, and plan your next course of action.
If you have a corp, and they live close enough that you estimate they can reach you and save you before you die, call out for help.
If you do not have a cloak fit, you can:
- Burn back towards the wormhole and jump. You should be able to get one cycle of MWD off before you get scrammed, which for many ships is enough to cover the distance back. Beware that the other side of the WH may also be bubbled.
- Look for the edge of the bubble which is nearest, then look for any celestial or anomaly that is in that direction. Now, usually whomever is camping the WH will be moving around a little, orbiting the WH at close range, for example. Hold your jump-cloak until they are all over 10km away, then align to the celestial you spotted, hit MWD/AB, and hope you make it out of the bubble and reach warp before they scram you or re-bubble. If you have a MJD fit, use that as well.
- Kill, neut out or jam the sabre and any other tackle, bun out of the bubble and warp out, or head back into the WH.
If you have a regular (non-covops) cloak fit, you can use your cloak. However, the people camping the bubble will now try to decloak you. To avoid that you can use variations of the cloak+MWD trick:
- Cloak and MWD towards the WH, you will get decloaked, but by that time you should be in range to jump the WH. Beware that the other side of the WH may also be bubbled.
- Cloak and MWD in a direction perpendicular to the path that the fastest ship opposing you will take to decloak you. He will burn straight towards the position that you cloaked, you want to get away from that line as fast as possible. Now you slowly drift out of the bubble. The campers will start flying around like mad, and throwing drones in all kinds of places in attempts to decloak you, but if you’re lucky they will fail. You now either wait until they get bored and leave, or until you’re drifted far enough that you can warp to safety.
- If you have a MJD fit, you can align, cloak and hit your MJD. This works the same as the cloak+MWD trick, you can activate any module for a few seconds after cloaking. You now MJD out of the bubble (this will cause you to decloak) and warp.
Your options if you have a cov-ops cloak fit are the same as for a non cov-ops cloak, except you move faster while cloaked and so have less chances of getting decloaked. You can still hit your MWD to burn out a bubble right after you cloak. Once you’re out of the bubble you do not need to decloak to warp away.