T1 Electrical Abyssal Skybreakers Spawn RIP

So I decided to give abyssals a go, and after making it through 10 or so without an issue on this low skilled pilot in a vexor, I had the isk and upgraded to a vexor navy to run them a little better.

Second site in the last spawn I get two skybreakers. Drones got put into armor with one volley. I killed one with the drones I had left but the last one ate the rest. I couldn’t break its tank and just died to timer. RIP. Any suggestions?

I want to say I could have let them volley once, return them, and rinse and repeat. But with their active tank and the shield recharge time i dont think it would have worked.

Vexor Navy Issue | Battle Bot | Killmail | zKillboard

The king of abyss is the gila. Just practice using it in the test server first. Vni doesnt have enough slot for defense and dps upgrade module. In PVE, shield tank is much preffered to free the low slot for dps upgrade. The drone bonus of gila is equavalent to 12 medium drones.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Neo_Bladedrifter. Gila would be overkill in t1s though wouldnt it? I think even the t1 punisher would have beat the skybreakers since it doesn’t rely on drones and wouldn’t be affected by the aoe like damage they put out. I guess im looking for help or information on how i can keep my drones alive against this spawn. Tank wasn’t the problem here and drone dps was enough to break their tank, but they just died.

EDIT: rlly the poop upvote on the km :rofl:

:blush: yeah its an overkill for t1 but if you plan to upgrade up to t6. Gila is a good training and investment.

give more infos:
Which drones did you use? t1 or T2
how are your skills about drones? drone durability etc
where you in range from the tower which deals damages to drones?
etc

Use Gila or dont use drone boats up until to Ishtar. Unbuffed drones are too squishy

Fed Navy Drones. Drone durability only at 2 and gallente cruiser only at 3. There was no tower i saw damaging them just the skybreaker aoe. I think Azalais is onto something the drones were just too squishy especially with the low skills. I was able to get through about 12 t1 with a regular vexor but the double skybreaker spawn was just too much for low skilled drone boat

the skybreakers can tank very well just use a gila or HAC or something

Besides flying a better ship though, the fit below is advertised by CCP as T1 Abyssal Vexor. I wonder if this fit would be able to kill this spawn. It has blasters instead of rails and an extra high slot over the navy vexor. I still have one so I’ll try out the blasters for awhile and see how it goes.

Vexor, T1 Abyssal Vexor

IFFA Compact Damage Control
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Compact Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Medium ACM Compact Armor Repairer

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Anode Electron Particle Cannon I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Federation Navy Tungsten Charge M x800
Optimal Range Script x1
Hammerhead I x5
Hobgoblin I x5
Infiltrator I x5

If you can, use t2 drones, not the augmented ones. If you lose a drone, they are not that expensive.
If not, make sure you train for them as soon as your que allows it.

Until then, the navy drones are the best bang for the buck.

and level up all your drones skills
Really

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.