T1 Frig vs Enyo Puzzle

Not really sure exactly what the enyo can rep but i imagine the frigate would have to do at least 100/120 dps; exp preferred.
You can outrange and kill an enyo with a normal fit atron i think but better hope it doesnt load null lol.
In any case if the enyo is reliant on cap boosters to keep repping you only need to hold it til it burns out of cap boosters.
Still one of my favourite frigates tho, its a beast if it catches you and you dont have any way of dealing with it :slight_smile:
Even killed a kikimora with one.

1 Like

Okay, so… one thing to be mindful about regarding “theorycrafting” in EVE is that everything is HIGHLY situational.

I am noticing that you are doing a lot of “devil’s advocate” responses to people who propose ideas for your “puzzle.” And this is fine.
But understand that there is no “one ship/fit” that absolutely counters a general range of ship/fits.

Enyos can be either brawlers (blaster) or railgun (range) powerhouses… active or buffer tanked… MWD-fit or AB-fit… dual-prop, scrambler-fit, disruptor-fit, packing cap-boosters, using energy neuts… the list goes on.
But no Enyo can be all of these at the same time.
And no one ship can counter all of those fits at the same time either.

The question I want to ask you is this:

What kind of tactic do YOU feel comfortable with?

Past that point we, the community, can recommend ships, fits, and tactics that cater to that tactic.
And you, the player, simply need to play the odds in favor of your desired tactic.

Sure… you will not be able to play the odds in your favor all the time… but that is part of game itself. That is the literally essence of PvP in EVE. Get the other guy to either fall into YOUR hands or create a situation so you have the upper hand.

5 Likes

The kikimora is my new pet expensive fun dying machine I think lol

1 Like

Excellent thoughts and useful post. Good observations too.

I suppose what my motive is is partly to learn some specific situation that I can generalize into others, but the other thing about theorycrafting is that it’s an exercise in just understanding how the game works. (Hence why I posted it in this forum rather than another.)

If you know the concepts and the mechanics well, these little exercises can help with adapting on the fly to new situations.

As for what I feel comfortable with… Tristan frigate work is good because you can often control an engagement and take it or leave it, with a lot of potential to score kills. Brutix has worked well for me because even though it’s a commitment (and usually death lol) you have a chance to get something before you die. But overall, I like the Hurricane for having enough damage to maybe get a kill and for having enough range and speed to control your fights a little more and divide fleets. fwiw

PS - I’m not good at the game yet, just what’s been manageable for me thus far.

1 Like

Fair enough. But proceed with caution. :slight_smile:

I say this because there are ship/fits that are more common than others.

For example:
The Enyo is an Assault Frigate. It is also quite a DPS heavy one too.
Ergo, fits that maximize this quality will be more common.

For example:
Blasters deal the most DPS, but they are VERY short range (realistically, less than 9km). This necessitates the fitting of a MWD to get into range.
Oh… but a tank is needed too. Gotta strip down those sexy Neutron Blasters for Ion Blasters to free up more CPU and Powergrid.
And a warp scrambler (the ~9km range one) is needed because you want to prevent the target from escaping and shut down their MWD.

Okay… that leaves 1 mid slot and 1 high slot up for grabs.
The high-slot can be fit with…

• rocket launcher: MOAR DEEPS
  • Nosferatu: A little extra power from your enemy always helps
  • Energy Neut: Deleting chunks of the target’s capacitor power means they have less “endurance”… at the cost of deleting chunks of your own power.

The mid-slot can be fit with…

• a Cap Booster: better endurance for guns and tank, but high CPU and Powergrid requirements. Something may have to go to squeeze this in.
  • a Stasis web: For better range control, in case the target is packing an Afterburner and/or the target is natively faster without any mods. Relies on a decent amount of capacitor power on an already capacitor hungry ship.
  • an Afterburner: For better range control, in case the target is packing an Afterburner and/or the target is natively faster without any mods. VERY high CPU and Powergrid requirements mean that something will DEFINITELY have to be sacrificed to squeeze this in.

Now… if you fit an Enyo with Railguns… those weapons have MUCH higher CPU / Powergrid needs. This means that other aspects of the ship’s fit have to go.
Either tank, utility… maybe even downgrade the Railguns themselves so they fit. But doing this will reduce damage output.
At least you have that sexy range though! :wink:

TLDR: Consider the most common fits and why they are the way they are. Look through various killboards, find patterns, learn the tactics they are attempting to accomplish.
Then go out in cheapo ships and figure out what they do best.
Is it speed? Defense? Firepower? Utility? Some combination of the four?

When veterans say, “go out and get yourself exploded” it isn’t strictly for our amusement.
Vets say this because it is one of the BEST ways to understand how to fit your ship is to test things out.

As a newbie, count your successes not in terms of how many ships you explode, but in how you were blown up.
Examples:

• How much damage did you do before you blew up?
  • How long did you last this time versus last time?
  • Did you make the person angry simply by how you fought? (enjoy these tears for they are delicious!)
  • Did you make people run away before the fight even began?
  • Did you survive with your ship (mostly) intact?
2 Likes

Cool! You are noticing that certain tactics means certain things.

Tactics we can generalize about. :wink:

Certain tactics can beat other tactics and vice versa.

Focus on this aspect and what your intended goal is and I guarantee you will get more specific and accurate answers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.