T2 Orca

Are you salty? You sound salty. Pah.

And let me guess, the role is “overpowered AFK mining ship”?

WOW, just saw this is a necro. @Ryan_B_Thiesant you are a bad person

1 Like

Please speak like a normal person.

I don’t know if or why we need a T2 Orca but as a Miner i’m interested in more ships in the ORE section of the ship tree.

Yes, a Orca with compression, more yield, and god mode module would be fun but for balance, sry, no.

Couple ideas. A JF variant of the ORE freighter. Eve has already provided us a way to move our mining ships and indy gear through low sec and null via regular jump freighters the only privilege here is we don’t have to remove and destroy rigs. This doesn’t seem like it solves a major problem since you can use carriers to jump fitted ships around it just makes the current solution slightly more convenient.

2nd, what about a mining supercap ship? I know what you’re thinking, game breaking. But hang on. It would cost as much as a mothership or titan and the cost of the ship would have the same-ish ratio os Rorqs. I could spend 50bil on multiboxing a bunch of rorqs so not much different if I spent 50bil on one ship with the same yield-ish.

Plus it would create content. People love going for rorq kills imagine how juicy a titan sized rorq would be? Maybe it could jump the whole mining fleet to the next moon! Or here is a ridiculous idea, you can somehow use the titan-rorq to jump a mining fleet into a nearby enemy’s r64 moon and activate an expensive ass “mining doomsday” that sucks up an ungodly amount of ore at once. Obviously with some sort of cost or mechanic that greatly increases risk as a price to pay for using that ability.

It could also be the first ship allowed to use “Capital Strip Miners”

That all sounds way more interesting than a T2 Orca. As i said i’m really locking forward for new ORE ships, just because i’m curious :smiley:

We already have a capital mining vessel. Its called the Veldnought, and you can see Chribba undock with it and mine with it.

Uhm, I am sorry, but…

If you give me a supercapital Rorq, I will use those instead of my rorqs IF it provides more ISK/Hr. Yes, it would be a nice goal to have but the idea that a guy with 10 rorquals will suddenly go to 1 SuperRorqual and retire the 9 rorquals is… Naive. :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t increase my yield, I won’t bother and I will laugh at everyone trying to use it. Either it provides sufficient bonuses, or it doesn’t. If it does, it will get used, if it doesn’t, it won’t.

I’ve always dreamed about a Belt-Size Mining ship that could just swallow entire rocks at once. The idea is nice and appealing, but it wouldn’t be good for the game though.

As it stands, mining doesn’t need a buff. Mineral prices are tanking again. Putting more pressure on the mineral market by increasing yields even more wouldn’t do anything. What’s the point of a big ass miner if your isk/hr doesn’t increase because what you mine is just worth less…

You can already see (quite clearly) what happens when you exploit the rorqual extremely well (see MER - Delve). Imagine what would happen with supercapital sized mining ships and their inevitably increased capacities? Nothing good I would say.

Veldnought

I didn’t know about that ship, but now i’m in love :grin:
Thank you :slight_smile:

Meh, if “super rorqs” cost 60bil as opposed to 5 bil for a rorq I highly doubt you’ll spend 600bil to have 10 of them. I also doubt supercap mining ships would have a huge impact as they would be cost prohibitive for most players, yet give larger corps and alliances something to sink isk towards and targets for pvp content generation. Rorqs are fairly common but a titan sized mining ship is going to probably get tackled and harassed by blops quite often since everyone will want to kill it. More content generation = more ships blowing up = more ships being made and more minerals needed = less mineral price tanking. PLUS the supercap mining ship would needs a massive amount of minerals to make and would actually create more demand for a while as everyone works towards building them. Even if you do commit 10 super-cap mining ships you’ll probably be even juicier of a target and likely to have a non-mining supercap fleet commit to tyring to make some content out of your mining operations.

Also, as an economist irl I really don’t see how mineral prices falling is a bad thing for eve overall. In fact I would strongly insist that it is actually a good thing. Cheaper minerals = cheaper ships, cheaper and more pvp (since ships are less expensive there is less risk to lose them). Plus supply and demand dictates that the less profitable mining is, the more likely people will be to do other isk generating activities and the “labor” will flow to other areas and lower the cost of those things. For instance, if mining is less profitable due to the increase in efficiency thanks to rorqs, then more labor will perhaps flow to reactions and bring down the price of t2 stuff. Or maybe salvage becomes more profitable since we need them for citadel rigs.

That’s what they said about SuperCapitals years ago. :slight_smile: A cost of 60 billion is not nearly big enough to make it cost prohibitive. Maybe if that thing would cost 500b to build, maybe then you will have a prohibitive price for the next 5 years, but who would fly it if it doesn’t bring in MUCH more Minerals?

This reminds me of “trickle down economics”, which is a debatable idea to begin with. It won’t work for mining in Eve. Mining in eve is the 2nd best scalable income source ( after market trading ) and that’s the reason why you won’t drive off miners this way. They will continue going as there simply is no opportunity cost involved when you can mine with 2 dozen miners.

With less income from mining, all it does is to invite the people to go for super-rorqs simply to make up for their loss from the increased supply.

As for the content-driver part, I doubt it would do much. Rorquals are already a decent conflict driver and 8-10 rorquals in a belt are a very, very juicy target. People in unprotected regions are already struggling (and those wouldn’t even field a super-rorq). People in protected regions wouldn’t care.

TLDR: a secret “Buff-goons” idea because they would exploit the crap out of them when the rest of the universe can’t.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.