Team Security: 2021 in Review

In the end of the day, everything aside, EVE is a game that people play for their pleasure.

I personally don’t think that it’s fair to shame alliances/corporations/regions with certain prevailing population just because some of those who share a space with the might have made a bad choice once. For some the corporations are like family, close ties are made there, friends and relationships. Shaming and nullifying all of this only because someone landed on a slippery slope does not seem right to me.

Crude example: imagine person A living on an island and is friends with everybody. He loves it there, he is proud of his island, he travels everywhere and tells people how awesome his island is. Which is technically true, the island IS awesome. Later there is a news article in… let’s say BBC News that this island is populated with the filthy robbers who stole this much from the treasury. But person A has never stolen anything from the treasury. He knows that his friends, person B and person C are good people and never done anything like that as well.

Turned out that those robbers were person X, person Y and person Z. But the article did not mention it. Instead it mentioned the whole island. You understand that, your friends understand that, but what about other 10000 readers of the BBC News? It is impossible to vouch for all of them.

I know that this is crude example, but hopefully it provided a bit of a different perspective on this situation.

Edit: grammar typos.

2 Likes