The Corax should be buffed

No, you constantly fail to realize that fighting NAVY destroyers is punching above your weight class.

It is absolutely fine if the Corax can only beat a Navy Destroyer if the pilot makes severe mistakes in fitting or maneuvering or lacks behind in skill.

Good balance means a roughly 50% win chance in your own category against equally skilled pilots. That means the basic T1 Thrasher. Against Navy-, Pirate-, T2-, T3-Destroyers you should lose much more than you can win, unless you greatly outskill your opponent.

It isn’t that hard to understand. A Rupture should lose against a Navy Omen. A Drake should lose against a Navy Brutix. An Armageddon should lose against a Raven Navy Issue…

1 Like

It’s common sense. Thats why basically nobody here is following your concept that a 1.5M Corax should be buffed to reliably being able to beat Faction Navy Destroyers.

If you haven’t noticed, you are pretty much absolutely alone with your opinion.

2 Likes

You have completely ignored common sense. Your example of a Armageddon vs Navy Raven needs to have battlefield positioning favouring the Raven. Drake vs brutix? You know exactly what you are doing with these non-sequiteur propositions. It is context sensitive. I have now just reclaimed my #1 world title for the corax, with many losses along the way.

What I want is more base speed, faster lock times and a few extra cpu to make shield fits more versatile. The majority of losses on the Corax killboard are from inexperienced players and/or bad fits, probably with very suboptimal openings on the engagement. For me, I need to play my ship very carefully because even just being out of position against other brawlers means I get several seconds of free damage taken thanks to the slow lock speed. Many people underestimate this ship and it costs them their life.

Infact I am going to start flying catalysts and thrashers next just to compare the ships. I don’t expect to beat the fleet thrasher but I reckon I can get a lot closer than I could with the corax.

Said it yourself, a ship that is too slow, why would you fit it with propulsion? Let the missiles do the catching up.

To keep distance against short range guns.

Get a navy corax

1 Like

Oh believe me I have been watching the news about navy corax with great interest

Corax is just worse talwar. Since there is no reason to ever sit in a corax while talwars continue to exist, it could probably use a buff.

To what end i dont know.

Not every ship is going to be an “S” tier in terms of performance. One can always opt for the new Navy variant.

Globally a ship might not be that great because it lacks any particular strength or is easily countered (dragoon for example) but the corax, if you deep dive the stats as I did, is just a noob bait mousetrap that if you know how to fight it you never lose.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.