The Eve Reader Podcast

Hi everyone,

For the past several years, I have been recording the Eve Chronicles in an audio format. These recordings are available as free .MP3 downloads to the community.

The website itself can be found here - The Eve Reader Website

If you use an RSS reader, you can use this address to keep updated with the website.

Here is a link to the iTunes page.

Here is a brief sample made from several recordings via YouTube.

There is also a YouTube channel that contains each episode.

Note that the first three episodes are recorded with older equipment. For the best experience I recommend starting with Episode 4, “End of the World, Chapter 1 - The Spiral” which is the first in a six-part story about the introduction of wormholes to New Eden.

The episodes available are :
Episode 1 - Xenocracy
Episode 2 - And To Live In Peace
Episode 3 - Innocent Faces
Episode 4 - End of the World, Chapter 1 - The Spiral
Episode 5 - End of the World, Chapter 2 - Half a Life
Episode 6 - End of the World, Chapter 3 - “1”
Episode 7 - End of the World, Chapter 4 - The Great Harvest
Episode 8 - End of the World, Chapter 5 - We Humans
Episode 9 - End of the World, Chapter 6 - World on Fire
Episode 10 - Methods of Torture, The Amarr
Episode 11 - Methods of Torture, The Minmatar
Episode 12 - Methods of Torture, The Caldari
Episode 13 - Methods of Torture, The Gallente
Episode 14 - The Plague Years
Episode 15 - Avetat and Ametat
Episode 16 - Cold Wind
Episode 17 - Silent Furies
Episode 18 - After the Fall
Episode 19 - Under the Sea, the City
Episode 20 - Murder and Creation
Episode 21 - The Speaker of Truths
Episode 22 - The Part Where I Play The Devil
Episode 23 - The Only Way Out Is Through
Episode 24 - Myth of a Salesman and Big Fish, Little Fish
Episode 25 - Postnatal
Episode 26 - A World Where No Such Road Will Run
Episode 27 - Intercession
Episode 28 - A Boy and His Slaver
Episode 29 - All These Lives Are Fit To Ruin
Episode 30 - In The Pits
Episode 31 - Aura
Episode 32 - The Station and the Bazaar
Episode 33 - A Beautiful Face, Part One
Episode 34 - A Beautiful Face, Part Two
Episode 35 - The Greatest Joke
Episode 36 - The Prophecies of Macaper
Episode 37 - Two Deaths
Episode 38 - Borrowed Time
Episode 39 - Taught Thoughts
Episode 40 - Uplifted
Episode 41 - For the State
Episode 42 - The Resurrection Men
Episode 43 - Cities of Refuge
Episode 44 - A Spider in her Web
Episode 45 - Extinction Burst
Episode 46 - Inheritance
Episode 47 - Hands of a Killer and Doppelganger
Episode 48 - Eye for an Eye and Speaks and Walks
Episode 49 - Rust Creeps
Episode 50 - Old Man Star
Episode 51 - Khumaak
Episode 52 - Masks of Authority
Episode 53 - The Slow Disease
Episode 54 - Spectral
Episode 55 - Escape (with bonus track, Children of Light)
Episode 56 - Kyonoke Pit
Episode 57 - The Jovian Wet Grave
Episode 58 - Ruthless, Chapter 1
Episode 59 - Ruthless, Chapter 2
Episode 60 - Ruthless, Chapter 3
Episode 61 - Ruthless, Chapter 4
Episode 62 - Flametender
Episode 63 - Ruthless, Chapter 5
Episode 64 - Ruthless, Chapter 6
Episode 65 - The Ever Turning Wheels
Episode 66 - And Sometimes the Fear

Over the years I have also recorded the winning entry in the Pod and Planet fiction writing contest, which you can find at episodes #27, #38, #44, #55 and #62. The rest of the stories are canon Chronicles created by CCP.

I would appreciate your comments - I’m not a professional voice actor or audio engineer, just someone who likes the Chronicles. I am also open to suggestions on future Chronicles to record, so if you feel that one of the stories should be in audio format then please let me know.

If you would like to reach me then feel free to either post in this thread or send me an in-game mail. My email address is also listed on the Eve Reader website. I use @Zendane_Eve on Twitter as well.

Thank you,
Zendane

Oh, and if you’re curious to meet Lenore the Podcast Kitty, you can see her in action here!

27 Likes

This is great!
I just listened to the first few minutes of your recommended Episode 4.
Safe to say I will download and listen to all of them! :ear:

Thanks for sharing! o7

1 Like

A World Where No Such Road Will Run will probably always be one of my favorite episodes, contested by After the Fall and Methods of Torture, The Caldari.

But thats part of the beauty of this project, there are episodes I personally don’t enjoy that much, but those very same episodes are loved by someone else.
The variety of stories and how they are made ensures that everyone can find something they like.

4 Likes

For well over a year now I have been working on presenting the Eve Chronicle Ruthless. At over a hundred pages and spanning somewhere around two and a half hours of audio once completed, this particular Chronicle is the longest and most ambitious project ever undertaken on this podcast.

A story this large needs to be presented in multiple parts. Today’s episode is the first chapter of six, the story of the humble origins of one of the most notorious outlaws ever known to the Caldari State. The next chapter (and subsequent chapters) will be released as editing and post-production are complete.

For those who have been involved in the project, I thank you very much for your time and your talent in making this production a reality. There have been roadblocks and unexpected twists along the way, and this episode stands as a testament to your patience and your willingness to help.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 1 (aka episode #58) from the Eve Reader website. I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

10 Likes

Great stories, excellent presentation, highly recommended. I listen to while driving.

4 Likes

Awesome, I’m going to subscribe to this for sure. Loving the EVE tie-in books so far. Especially The Burning Life.

1 Like

Continuing with the Eve novella “Ruthless”, today’s episode is the second chapter of six. In this chapter we continue the story of Otro and Gavriel, now pirates preying upon the Ishukone Corporation. We are also introduced to Mila and Ralirashi, two very different people at the beginning of their battle against a mutual and as-yet unnamed foe. The next chapter (and subsequent chapters) will be released as editing and post-production are complete.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 2 (aka episode #59) from the Eve Reader website. I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

6 Likes

Great work, @Zendane! I’ve chain-listened to about 10 episodes now and I’m very impressed!

Thanks for doing this. It’s a great way to dig deeper into the lore of the game.

3 Likes

I have listened to them all, some multiple times and I can not express my gratitude enough for the time taken to create these. I am a huge fan.

My favourite story was EP18 - After the fall

3 Likes

Continuing with the Eve novella “Ruthless”, today’s episode is the third chapter of six. In this chapter our three main characters come to terms with their past and the paths that led them to where they are and what they have become in life. There are no saints in New Eden. The next chapter (and subsequent chapters) will be released as editing and post-production are complete.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 3 (aka episode #60) from the Eve Reader website. I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

Quote from Miyah Avaritia

I have listened to them all, some multiple times and I can not express my gratitude enough for the time taken to create these. I am a huge fan.

My favourite story was EP18 - After the fall

I’ve had a number of people tell me that they really liked this one - I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

8 Likes

Keep up the good work. You and your team have done a very good with the job Ruthless novel. I look forward to the next part.

5 Likes

Keep doing what your doing Zendane, your work and those you work with is amazing.

My favorite Episodes are…

Episode 29
Episode 18
Episode 38
Episode 40
and…
Episode 10.
also the End of the World series.

3 Likes

Continuing with the Eve novella “Ruthless”, today’s episode is the fourth chapter of six. In this chapter the dark truth behind the success of the Ishukone Corporation is uncovered as the Guristas are closing in on their hunt for Otro and Gavriel. The next chapter (and subsequent chapters) will be released as editing and post-production are complete.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 4 (aka episode #61) from the Eve Reader website. I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

6 Likes

Today’s episode is the winning entry of the Pod and Planet Fiction Writing Contest for 2017, Flametender. It is the story of a Minmatar capsuleer, an immortal warrior of the Brutor Tribe, and the debt he owes to his blood brother.

Thank you Djavak Andrard for writing such a great story and thank you Telegram Sam for holding the fiction contest again this year. It has been my pleasure to record this episode.

You can download Episode 62 from the Eve Reader website and of course via the iTunes and RSS feeds. Thank you for listening and I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

6 Likes

Continuing with the Eve novella “Ruthless”, today’s episode is the fifth chapter of six. In this chapter Otro, Mila and Gavriel have been located by the vicious Admiral Bane of the Guristas. Even at their darkest hour, when all hope seems lost, Otro has a plan… but he’ll need help from an unusual source to rescue the others and bring Bane to justice. This is the second-to-last episode of Ruthless and the final chapter will be released as soon as editing and post-production are complete.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 5 (aka episode #63) from the Eve Reader website. I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

6 Likes

10/10. This has made my daily commute a lot more enjoyable. Thanks a lot. I’m wondering, how do you occupy yourself in-game?

1 Like

For most of my Eve career I was the CEO of a lowsec corp. That closed down a few years ago (#bringlowsecback) so now I’m part of a group that deploys around the universe and does interesting things to people who hold grudges.

Lately I’ve been running the Triglavian sites, partly because they’re pretty neat and partly because I’d love to tease some lore out of them. I’m honestly in the dark about the Triglavians and I’m really looking forward to seeing a story that features them. Speaking of them, have you looked at the descriptions on the towers, drones and ships? The writing style is very distinctive and downright creepy. I want to see more of this.

3 Likes

Completing the Eve novella “Ruthless”, today’s episode is the final chapter of this six-part epic story. In this chapter Ralirashi engages in a boardroom showdown to expose the evil behind the Ishukone Corporation. Meanwhile Otro, flying Ishukone’s experimental battleship, must convince enemies to work together to take down the deranged Admiral Bane. No battle is certain and no conflict is without cost… and there are ruthless choices to be made along the way.

You can download Ruthless, Chapter 6 (aka episode #64) from the Eve Reader website . I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

4 Likes

Today’s episode is the The Ever Turning Wheels. Life for the residents of a colony planet in Gallente low security space was enough of a challenge… and their planet was conquered by the Caldari military. The soldiers in the street and the presence of the new Caldari governor in power make it obvious to the newly conquered Gallente citizens that their planet is under occupation, but the real attack on the Gallente is subtle and far more insidious.

You can download episode 65, The Ever Turning Wheels, from the Eve Reader website . I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

4 Likes

I have recorded the story “And Sometimes the Fear” - in this Chronicle, a ship module designer named Lauder, driven by depression to the very brink, leaves his virtual reality workshop for a trip into a scenic asteroid. His trip has a very specific purpose, but he might just find something wholly unexpected on his journey.

Long time fans may be wondering where I have been for these last few months. Likewise many may wonder about the recent past and the ultimate future of the podcast. Rest assured, the podcast and I are doing well after going through some dark times and I have already begun work on the next episode.

You can download episode 66, And Sometimes the Fear, from the Eve Reader website . I appreciate your feedback!

Zendane

3 Likes