The Exploration Logs of Katia's Kindness

[Captain’s Log 001]
[11-18-YC123 12:02:55]

“Exploration Log zero zero one of Katia’s Kindness. This is a continuation of the precursor log, and will serve as a recount of the events after my first undock. The current star date is the eighteenth of November, YC one twenty three, however the events of this log should be back dated two days to the sixteenth of November.”

[pause of silence]

“It had taken me a week to return to Jita and actually purchase the modules and rigging components needed to fit out the ship. I just wasn’t in the area, I had matters to attend to elsewhere, but I eventually made it back to the trade hub and had the Astero configured. So, on the sixteenth at around… probably sixteen hundred New Eden Standard Time, I undocked from Jita on my first journey in Katia’s Kindness.”

“I decided to make my way back to Heimatar, traveling through high security space. I didn’t want to risk taking a shortcut through Rancer. That system has always been infested with pirates and after my incident with the Howling Wolf, I wanted to be more cautious. I made my way slowly along a fifteen to twenty jump route, launching probes to scan down any signatures that were picked up by my sensors along the way. It didn’t take me long to find a wormhole. Four jumps, I think. I was looking for my first wormhole to dive into so I cloaked up and warped in at a distance. I ran a visual analysis of the wormhole and then some diagnostics on the magnetic field. The connection seemed to be to a low class Anokis system, and stability and mass readings were stable. I started to approach, when I noticed a distortion. The wormhole rippled and my systems notified me of a spike in mass along the sphere’s edge. Someone had just passed through and they were sitting cloaked nearby…”

“They couldn’t know I was there. I hadn’t disengaged my cloak, so I shut of my thrusters and sat still, waiting. It seemed like a while, before the other pilot decloaked to activate his warp drive. It was a Legion class vessel, and it warped off towards one of the system’s stargates. After seeing this, I hesitated to continue forwards, and I’m glad I did. I wasn’t sitting there long before the same thing happened. This time a Proteus class ship appeared, followed by a second one. This is when I decided I had better move on. Better safe than sorry. I should have known that a wormhole connection so close to Jita would likely be busy anyway.”

[File attachment]

“I moved on, and several jumps later I came across my second wormhole. Analysis told me this was a direct connection to K-Space, likely a high security system based on the lensing, so I jumped it. Out of all places, it took me to Yebouz… Three jumps from Akhmoh…”

[chuckles]

“It’s a little uncanny, really. In the past two… almost three? Months after departing LOELK, I think I have found myself in their pipe four times now during my wormhole explorations. LOELK was the first corporation I joined after graduating academy. I was only with them for less than a month. I… kind of hated living there. It had nothing to do with the capsuleers in the training corporation, and everything to do with the fact that I had to live under an Amarrian roof. I couldn’t wait to get out. I was stressing about time spent training that I could be spending actually searching, but, I had been doing that for the past five years so it wasn’t anything new. Looking back, I miss some of the people I used to fly with. I never really got the chance to get close with any of them, but they seemed like good people, so I wish I had.”

[File attachment]

“Anyway, fate had returned me to Yebouz, the system I more or less started my exploration career in. I had a really close call in a J-Space system that connected out from there. That memory made me slightly worried for some reason. Sort of a… superstitious feeling I guess. I think I was just overly paranoid about losing Katia’s Kindness the first day I took her out. So, I made a single jump to Hapala and scanned down my third wormhole signature.”

"It was another stable, low class Anokis system, and this time I actually jumped in. Everything seemed quiet. I found a couple of abandoned research sites that I was able to pull a decent haul of junk out of. Overall the actual trip into Anokis was uneventful, but that’s a good thing honestly. It also gave me some time to take a few photographs before I decided to head home. The system had a beautiful bright pink star at its center, as well as a visible black hole many lightyears away.

[File attachment]
[File attachment]

“After taking those photos, I left. I spiraled back through the wormhole into Hapala, and took the K-Space connect out of Yebouz. I made my way gate to gate towards Heimatar and stopped for the night in Hek. It was a good first trip, and an oddly reminiscent one.”

[End Log]

10 Likes