The ideal, blinged-out exploceptor fit I came up with

Hi there, a month and a half-old newbro here looking for advice on my bling exploceptor fit:

Main goals for this fit is to:
-bubble immunity
-maximise scan strength
-maximise relic virus coherence and strength
-align <2s
-maximise ship ehp to counter smartbombs

Assumptions using pyfa:
-Engineering skills (CPU/Powergrid V)
-No mutaplasmids

Fit:

[Stiletto, *zeugma]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Cargo Scanner II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II

Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Evasive Maneuvering EM-701
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
Neural Lace ‘Blackglass’ Net Intrusion 920-40
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Environmental Analysis EY-1005

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

Thoughts on the fit? It seems pretty much perfect to me, though a bit pricey- nothing a couple cans can’t cover.

1 Like

I’m not sure if your fit will survive against smart bombs. 5.6k ehp is cutting it very close.

Maybe drop the cargo scanner for a resist mod?

3 Likes

Thanks for the input guys :smile:

I barely squeezed the republic fleet medium shield extender in there, it’ll be nearly impossible to fit another shield mod without jacking up the price of implants.

My corpmates say 5.6k ehp will survive 1 smarbombing BS for sure, 2’s a toss up and any more will get me. However I should be able to avoid a SB camp if i watch local and zkill.

seriously, drop that useless cargo scanner and put an em amplifier instead.

5mn is useless. You can place a BM when loading grid to bounce on it to next can.

a Large “vehemence” shockwave is 300 EM damage. 8 of them is 2400 EM . A couple of hyper-rigged SB BS can thus alpha you for 4800 EM damage.

then there is the issue of your signature radius. The cloak won’t work if the gate is dirty. If they have a boosted locker, even a 2s align will get caught. That is even more true if you have a huge signature radius.

2s align, 38m sig, 5.5k EHP
[Ares, *Simulated Ares Fitting]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Damage Control II

Zeugma Integrated Analyzer
Thukker Medium Shield Extender
EM Ward Amplifier II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
2 Likes

By using a Blackglass implant I assume you are also running Data sites. If not drop it and just use a T2 relic module.

If you are doing data sites drop the cargo scanner. You will clear these sites very quickly anyway.

Finally, if you intend to play the max isk efficiency game, only run Relic sites. It is far more (consistently) profitable.

2 Likes

EM resists mod or you will die to smartbombs. Keep the 5mn, it’s a must for fast travel between cans, and will save your life when docking without insta spot (and you can burn your own).

<2s align is as safe as it can get (sig is not important), it’s only about server ticks. Never got caught while traveling through countless camps. The chance is not zero, but tiny.

Ares is the better choice due to slot layout.

Running data sites is pointless, focus on relics with expensive T2 salvage (e.g. Sansha).

Personally I don’t care about safety, just optimize for speed (no imps, I have max skills):

Relic Ceptor

[Ares, Ares]
Prototype Cloaking Device I
Salvager I
Core Probe Launcher II

Relic Analyzer II
Scan Rangefinding Array II
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

Small Emission Scope Sharpener II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

2 Likes

Some great points there mate. I’d have to shake up the fit entirely! How do you manage the different bookmarks? Like do you name them random stuff then delete them once the site is cleared? When selecting the BM to warp to in between cans do you pull up another window (people & places) for the BMs or do you right click in space?

I like that now without the microwarpdrive and cloak i free up enough powergrid and cpu to not require implants. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

I’m only running relic sites. The blackglass implant works on the zeugma and relic sites benefit from the added strength too.

Thanks ill drop the cargo scanner. I don’t cherry pick anyway because I want to despawn sites however a scanner is sometimes useful if i suspect a camper or another explorer in the vicinity. Not really needed tho.

1 Like

Umm but your fit doesn’t have EM mods? Is it because you’re optimising speed/isk over safety?

I run the zeugma mainly because the blackglass implant combo improves the QOL so much not to do so despite the price. I only run relic sites.

Also what do you think about using bookmarks to warp between cans compared to mwd propping?

1 Like

exactly, when warping to a new signature press ctr B, and press enter once the grid loads.

as @Tipa_Riot said, you’ll need a MWD to be able to make your pings around every gate (those should go in a specific folder. I have my “tactical” folder that contains pings, named eg “carou 500 top” if it’s a ping 500km above the gate to carou. remember that good tacks should be more than 250km way from the gate, if possible off the general direction of the other gates.

The chance is not zero, but it happens (it happened to me, it happened to friends, and I did it successfully on the first try on sisi with my alts). People who keep an eye on local will know what you do and prepare a setup for your next time. When it happens, the chance to be caught depends on your signature.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Targeting#Targeting_time

Right on, so here’s a revised fit:

-Kept the 5mn for ease of making pings/docking etc

-Swapped the cargo scanner for the EM amplifier and ehp increased to 6.33k from 5.68k

-Cloaking module not required, but i left it there purely for quality of life reasons (ability to go afk for a bit wherever), so downgraded the module to save cpu.

Overall, despite the higher sig radius than the ares+nanofiber fit, I think this stiletto fit is more versatile.

1 Like

remember that the cloak reduces your targeting speed, which may increase the time you take to complete a site.
However I also think that it is a good safety tool, eg when scanning the system.
it also allows you to cloak if you suspect one of the ships at the gate is an instalocker. I’m not sure a advanced cloak allows you to warp in 1s after decloak if already aligned.

Quick update-
Been flying this fit on my explo alt for 4-6 hours each day in the past 3 days,and earned a total of 3.2B. It averages around 200M/hr. Pretty happy with this fit. The implants really completed this fit and made hacking so much faster. Did die once to a cloaky instalocker. Greed got me- but overall no complaints!

2 Likes

This sounds very inefficient. Even for far (60km+) cans, it’s much faster to MWD to them than to bounce off bookmarks.

1 Like

I just made a test and a 150 km warp is <7s (including align : from “click warp” to “able to lock”)
1610 km was <8s
bouncing thus would take <16s, that is the distance you cover =64km with a 4km/s inty (with full speed). If you take 1s to accelerate that’s exactly the same(60km). Also you won’t bounce on random roids/structures.

Except there are no BM in 150 or 1600km distance around a freshly scanned site. Also what about the next can in 20km distance?

until you place one.

you’d gain 10s per next can with a mwd. it’s up to you to decide if those few second you gain are better than another module, like scanning array.

How do you place a 1600km BM in reasonable time without MWD?

10s is a huge difference, if hacks only take about 30s and you have 5 cans.

Also another scanning array would not decrease scan time (max skills, already fitted one).

I will never ever fit a travel ship without MWD.

read my quote. I won’t quote myself again, read it.

Actually yes, it allows you to triple shrink (depending on fit, skill, implants).

If you gain up to 10s per can but lose one scan cycle per signature is it really worth it ?