The ideal, blinged-out exploceptor fit I came up with

Did you ever do exploration in nullsec professionally?

Dude you donā€™t even know how to make a BMā€¦

I know, how to make a BM. But again, how do you make a 1600km BM around a freshly scanned site? You didnā€™t answer this question.

You also dodged my other question, do you have hands on experience or talking just from theorycrafting?

@GMs @CCP_Falcon please stop hiding that post on Andersonā€™s request. These are legitimate questions about her claims in this thread formulated in a civil manner. Ignoring the rude tone and accusation in the post this refers to.

3 Likes

There is none.

Instead of discussing my argument, you are digressing over my past as an explorer. This is low, personal attack, and does not deserve anything else than a report.

You donā€™t know how to make a ping BM.
You donā€™t know that increasing your scan strength or precision allows to triple shrink, and thus to pinpoint most sign in 2 probe cycles instead of 3.
You donā€™t know that most of the time exploring in NS is spent traveling and scanning, rather than in-site.

Finally, you dodged my question. And accuse me of dodging your useless personal attacks. Yes I do dodge them, because I consider that answering them would be a waste of time.

Where the heck is the cargo scanner? If you want to use an inty for explo, you better have a cargo scanner. Cherry pick the good cans and leave the ā– ā– ā– ā–  ones, donā€™t cut into your profits and make sure to waste othersā€™ time so you can get to the good sites before them

1 Like

Because that hurts you too. By preventing sites from despawning, you prevent new ones from spawning in, so youā€™re gonna find less sites in the long run.
If you finish a site, itā€™s even possible for a new one to immediately respawn in the same system.

and make sure to waste othersā€™ time

If a local corp uses signature sharing, they will just mark them as picked and not waste time on them either.

1 Like

Exactly. This tactic only may work if you are the first and only, and donā€™t want to come back.

In general Iā€™m wondering about the state of exploration, I see the T2 salvage climbing new highs (without more consumption), so the 200M/h is totally realistic nowadays.

thatā€™s 4 sansha relic site per hour, or 5 guristas relic site per hour.

Cargo scanner is critical in hostile or competitive situations, not to mention choosing the best of the 4 cans in a faction covert site could mean the difference between a few villard wheels or a hi grade implant bpc.

Bling out an astero, with a deadspace mwd, can fit everything plus t2 data, relic and cargo scan, much better for harder sites than the integrated junk. Even with a DCU and sig amp (to quickly lock and scan further cans) in lows still gets 1.7 align/warp and can be nearly uncatcheable in the hands of an experienced explorer.

The fit below has literally everything pure pve, and could be further tanked switching rigs out (bring another alt along in pure pvp astero or stratios is highly recommended for extended explo roams):

[Astero, Astero]
Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Cargo Scanner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II
Gistii A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Hornet II x7
Acolyte II x7

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

Iā€™ve played with all the t1 bonused frigs plus the bonused cov ops, all 4 strategic cruisers, plus strat and found the reason you see so many asteros exploring is itā€™s simply the right tool for the job.

1 Like

you canā€™t even scan a ghost site .

(you MAY be able to with some specific implants/boosters, but thatā€™s not something you should consider as a priority anyhow)

you canā€™t even scan a ghost site.

This fit can scan lvl4 sites, and AFAIK the only lvl5 scan difficulty signature is a superior sleeper cache, isnā€™t it?

good remark. I remember the ghost sites being consistently harder than relic and data normal sites in NS butmaybe itā€™s a forged memory(I donā€™t have written data)

Will try on sisi.

The lvl 4 sites are simple. Land, scan the cans, hack the best one, GTFO.

While the thread went a bit off-topic with astero fits, Iā€™ll go back and post my exploceptor.
The only tradeoff I made is no tank (an acceptable risk depending on region; I wonder how thatā€™ll change with no local). Implants technically not necessary, but obviously will make a big difference.

[Stiletto, Stiletto fit]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Relic Analyzer II
Scan Acquisition Array II
Scan Rangefinding Array I
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Improved Cloaking Device II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II

I average 250mil/h with this fit.

Bubble immunity comes from piloting so why waste a fit on it?

You only need a scan strength of about 110(?)

The problem I have with tank vs. Warp out is why split the two?

If you are pointed then youā€™re dead eventually unless you can kill your attackers.

So why tank at all? Go all escape or all gank.

Time is life. Not sure how a cargo scanner is useless when finding the best cans to go for first.

1 Like

I agree @Anderson_Geten a lot of people quote these hourlies that end up being rather absurd to achieve

I donā€™t really know what is absurd or not.

I just know what is inside the relic sites.

When I did exploration in a buzzard, 100 M/h was the minimum average I was doing.
It does not mean itā€™s not possible to do twice that value now, with better knowledge and better skills.

It just seems a lot of people quote their most extreme returnsā€¦and then average them. While discounting all the non-returns or diminishing the time spent idling, inflating hourly isk.

yeah but we canā€™t tell they are wrong, just because thatā€™s not what we do.
Maybe they are just better than us. Nice for them :slight_smile:

My biggest concern is how people compute the ā€œvalueā€ of their trip.
Typically I used BO@jita *0.9 to have the direct value. Many people use the SO@Jita which is just stupid.