The like and get likes thread II

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

Worth sharing only if for that christmas sweater. :sunglasses::ok_hand:
5 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

@Yiole_Gionglao Congrats on the snipe. It’s very,really interesting that the thread still has the warning of “This topic will close 3 months after the last reply.” Last LAGL thread stopped having it after 3000th post or so.

4 Likes

Some music for this casual friday. :relaxed:
5 Likes

Probably that was a bug and what we have now is the default behavior. Also having 5,000 messages means we’re halfway to shut it down at 10,000. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

by courtesy of Ishtanchuk:

4 Likes
2 Likes

New Avengers 4 trailer is here!

5 Likes
4 Likes

I am a bit baffled with the latest campaign at World of Warships. They’re having Santa’s Gifts… for sale. As in, you pay your Santa gift. Which is actually a loot box with content supposedly worth more than its price.

But the whole concept of paying for Santa Gifts is strongly oxymoronic(?) for me. If you sell it, don’t call it a gift. If you call it a gift, then don’t charge money for it. OK? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Gifts are never free! Part of lifes rich tapestry as there is always a price!

You just have to decide if it is worth paying!

The colonial vids are so excutiatingly sad also!

4 Likes

This is one sad video of a person wanting to be seen!

4 Likes

That is very cool!

4 Likes

Всички сме папагали.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Time to go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: if you’re to install a sismometer on Mars, rmember to cover it with a lid!

(On the foreground, the SEIS instrument, and on the background, its protection heat and wind shield. To the left there’s the gray box with of the HP3 drill and thermometer instrument)

Bonus: how SEIS works (French audio)

5 Likes

I watched the presentation of that probe mechanisms and the method they wil use for making that deep hole looks rather weak for me. It cant make a hole if there is a rock underneath the landing site. They searched for a place that will not have rocks on surface. But what about under the surface? Frozen ground can be as hard as a rock. :thinking:

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Guess that they will make a very slow and thoughtful decission and then hope for the best, if there’s a rock under the surface… bad luck. They’ve made everything possible so the rock isn’t there, and if they meet a rock then next mission will bring a georadar to survey the underground before drilling any holes. Also, even a hole 3 meters deep before meeting a rock would be informational. Nature is a beetch, Mars is a jinx planet and scientists must maek da scienz as they can.

4 Likes

Its bad that they cant move this lander. Then they could go somewhere else and try to drill a hole in other place. About that drilling, its more like punching a hole actually. Hammering post inside crust.

4 Likes

Well, if they had to move the probe, then they would also need a way to remove the penetrator from the hole… looking at how it works, it doesn’t seems to have a reverse, it just hammers itself forward/down.

4 Likes

Yes, a one time use only, disposable, millions of dollars worth probe drilling device. Not a thing I really would design when I would do that thing. :thinking:

5 Likes

On the other hand, it’s the kind of thing you can make work with 2 watts on the surface of another planet… being the first of its kind (that makes it to Mars), better not overengineer it.

4 Likes