The like and get likes thread II

I am gaining in strength…thank you, my sweeties.

emperor

5 Likes

We’ve all done that to people we like…right? Pass the absynth, extra wormwood please.

5 Likes

Time to go to bed. I’m watching the miniseries “Generation Kill”, so far it’s looking good. Nighties lovelies!

Also: IgNobel Prizes for 2020 are out!

Can’t decide whether my favorite is the Peace Prize, the Management Prize or the Matherials Science Prize… :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

7 Likes

I say they should put the Peace Prize at 2 cents, that way, it’s gonna be better than everyone else.

15 hours later:
https://twitter.com/owlysec/status/1310226868155691010
10 minutes ago
Owlysec - Cyber Security News
@owlysec

Source code data of Windows XP is exchanged with torrents

https://owlysec.com/data-leaks/the-source-code-of-windows-xp-is-leaked… :white_check_mark:

#CyberSecurity #DataProtection #Security #Windows #Leaks #CyberCrime
#WindowsXP

21 minutes later:

Bacteria Survived Outer Space For Years Suggesting Panspermia

37,254 views • Sep 19, 2020
37K views - 1 week ago
Anton Petrov
607K subscribers

Here’s What We Really Know About These Pentagon UFO Videos

100,471 views • Premiered Aug 1, 2020
100K views - 1 month ago

His father is a retired pilot.

17 hours later:

Navy SEAL Astronauts - Smarter Every Day 243

98,248 views • Sep 27, 2020
86K views - 2 hours ago
SmarterEveryDay
8.78M subscribers

Richard Feynman: Can Machines Think?

46,375 views • Nov 25, 2019
46K views - 10 months ago
Lex Clips
65K subscribers

34 minutes later:

SpaceX’s brand new Super Heavy monster is coming - SN1 build has begun

223,570 views • Sep 26, 2020
224,086 views - 1 day ago
Marcus House
206K subscribers

5 Likes

This user hasn’t posted in a while please welcome them back.

7 Likes

Are you sure?

3 Likes

DEFINE IN A POSITIVE WAY

5 Likes

Growing Up Feynman - Michelle Feynman - 5/11/2018

194,740 views • May 30, 2018
194K views - 2 years ago
caltech
128K subscribers

Richard Feynman

American physicist

Description

Richard Phillips Feynman ForMemRS was an American theoretical physicist, known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, the physics of … Wikipedia

Born: May 11, 1918, New York, New York, United States

Died: February 15, 1988, Los Angeles, California, United States

Spouse: Gweneth Howarth (m. 1960–1988), Mary Louise Bell (m. 1952–1958), Arline Greenbaum (m. 1942–1945)

Movies: Infinity, The Challenger, Anti-Clock, Day One

Quotes

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

What I cannot create, I do not understand.

Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.

3 Likes

Beddy time for me… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

Live long and prosper, lovelies. :heart: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

If my name were Like…could you give me an affirmation of self?say my name

4 Likes

4 Likes

1GBP = 9.99 TRY

3 Likes

Ah yes!
There is no TRY !
How ingenious.
Who would have thought?
I would have never seen it coming.

Thank you!

Studies have shown that listening to the sound of beavers enthusiastically munching on white cabbage can temporarily reduce stress levels by up to 17%.

Video with sound (audio-video, or, audiovisual) included.

I wonder which studies were shown?
I’m sure it wasn’t my study that was shown, because, I didn’t make 2 studies on it, and, I also didn’t show half my studies, even if it would be integral part of my work, and would be hidden in the work as “not shown”.

2 Likes

Aso,

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep. Today Ish found a song she’d been looking for for a few months and just posted it. Also, tomorrow i’ll give back the keys to my former apartment, that will be game over to 5 years of full independence. So far living back at my parent’s isn’t too bad, I’m still unpacking stuff but at least my book collection is stored back in my old shelves and libraries, and it’s more or less sorted.

Nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Today I didn’t do much. I have read, but I haven’t read much.

Live long and prosper, lovelies. :heart: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

Finished watching Generation Kill. It’s been interesting as in getting some insight to how does soldiering work nowadays, with all the tech available but also supply issues (no batteries for NVGs, thermals refusing to work…) and how violence only fixes a little and messes a lot, even with the best intent.

Also today I returned the keys to my old appartment and got the deposit back. So ended 5 years of my life, now next… dunno what. Bed time looks fine att his time of day, so… nighties lovelies!

Also: Airbus is giving a try to hydrogen fuel, after shelving their electric project

Hydrogen has a serious issue with energy density per volume, thus airplanes will need larger tanks and/or have notoriously shorter range (plus the issues with using cryonized gas as fuel, and the associated infrastructure).

Personally I think that aircraft will end up using synthetic avgas made from charcoal, same as Germany in WW2 made synthetic gasoline from coal. Trade coal for charcoal and that’s a renewable fuel source.

4 Likes