The like and get likes thread II

R.I.P. Avici
What I always thought, being a musician is like a curse you bring on your head.

These are only grunge musicians. :scream:

15 Likes

Well, there’s what they call the “27 club”, of musicians who died at 27 because of drug abuse. IMO anybody stupid enough to die from drug abuse at 27 is an asshole, no matter what his artistic talent. :woman_shrugging:

Becoming famous is not the tough part, surviving fame is… and then keep being famous, that’s the actual difference between masters of the universe and mere celebrities.

14 Likes

There’s an automatic shutdown when nobody answered a thread for 90 days, and another automated shutdown has been put in place when it reaches 10,000 answer because of a performance issue with Discourshit. Since the old LAGL already was well past 10,000, it was shut down as soon as the system administrators activated the shutdown. Call it a collateral damage.

16 Likes

Hmmm… the LAGL is dead… long live the LAGL?

15 Likes

If a head is cut off, two more shall take its place! HAIL LAGL!

16 Likes

Screw AI. I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!

14 Likes

Also this song is great to drink to:

13 Likes

EVE Online Tritanium better? Discuss. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

16 Likes
16 Likes

PC blowout and PS4 tear down today. Its making funny noises when you try to insert a disc (PS4). There’s some proprietary screws to deter the common tinkerer. I am not common. Those screws wont stand a chance. I’m thinking of replacing them with something easier to take out. But in the same thought I’m hoping to never have to get in there again so I may just leavem. Happy Sunday EVEryone!

13 Likes

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2018/april/artificial-intelligence-accelerates-discovery-of-metallic-glass/

14 Likes

If future will bring such a fast discoveries by AI, then why implement it, if waiting for a while could bring even better effects that could be implemented. :thinking:

13 Likes

It’s beddy time for me… so, nighties lovelies!

Also: ski stations ended season a couple of weeks ago, but, there’s still lots of snow in the mountains. That’s quite a rare thing for april, so, here’s some ski moe!

15 Likes

Also: he was not the cryptogramist they wanted, but the cryptogamist they needed!

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/natureplus/blogs/behind-the-scenes/2014/03/26/how-a-seaweed-scientist-helped-win-the-war?fromGateway=true

14 Likes

inb4 Transparent Aluminum :wink:

13 Likes

Yay transparent aluminium \o/

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:/

Mmmmmm kelp :yum:

15 Likes

Lol, this game. :rofl:

13 Likes

That kinda exists, but it’s a ceramic glass actually, not a metal. Metals aren’t really transparent, since full transparency requires a certain degree of crystalline bonds, whereas metals have, well, metalic bonds. Since bonds determine the properties of the matherial, transparent metals are not possible, but metalic glasses are possible -just their properties are those of a glass, not a metal.

13 Likes

Ferns and mosses also are cryptogames, I wonder if there are edible ferns or mosses? :thinking:

Also, good morning LAGLers!

13 Likes