The Myrmidon and Prophecy need some little love

My fellow capsuleers,

with the recent changes to close range ammo, the Myrmidon feels a little left out. Back when the Myrmidon was introduced with a 125mbit drone bandwidth, it was argued that she was overpowered.

Now that even the cyclone is a 900dps boat those arguments no longer apply.

I suggest giving the Myrmidon +25mbit drone bandwidth and increase the dronebay by 50m³, so you can launch 5x heavy drones just like the Eos.

For the Prophecy I suggest increasing the drone bandwidth by 25mbit to a total of 100mbit and no change in dronebay size.

Do you have a fit for that?

I don’t see why this is necessary given how strong the tanking power of the Myrm is with it’s +7.5% per skill level reps. Ships don’t all need to be the same. Some should shine in different aspects.

Again, I don’t see the point. You’re just making this suggestions without any reason why they need to be implemented into the game.

Yes, I have.

…aaaand the 20% less resistance with a 15% increase of damage for short range t2 ammo.

Maybe you do not see a “gap” here but I do.

And nobody said that you have to. However what do you think would be bad for EVE?

And to think, you were trying to run for CSM last year…

It’s not 20% less resistances overall.
It was a 20% loss in the power of resistance MODULES.

Also, you can easily fit Blasters with Void M on a Myrm if you want. The fact is that none of what you’ve said here is a reason for implementing your changes.

I think it would be a waste of CCP’s time to implement a change because of your specific feelings.

An old pic but still one of my favorites. As is the Myrm.
Taller than the CN Tower.

4 Likes

I was just thinking the same.

@elitatwo

I can see why a cyclone gets a nice boost from the surgical strike change, brutix, shield cane etc. And the Myrm just doesn’t. But we should wait and see if it genuinely effects the meta.

I mean the Ferox should have been one of the worst effected CBC’s, but its still the goto doctrine according to my buddy’s killboard.

1 Like

I love the Myrm, but looking through Zkill I think the ship is now the fotm for ratting in nullsec and buffing the drone capability would be ill advised given the direction CCP has taken this year.
shrugs…

2 Likes

That is a concern yes. I thought about that too but then you have to consider the Dominix and the Ishtar, which both have a sentry bonus.

I am sure you can. However people tend to confuse the Myrmidon with the Curse.

OMG

You fit 3x ballistic controls, ham launcher, press heat. get 912dps. Now that your minds are blown away, can we get back to the Myrmidon and Prophecy.

that’s not exactly a 900 DPS boat. OTOH…

[Cyclone, Cyclone fit]

Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Nova Rage Heavy Assault Missile
425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M
425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

Ogre II x2

931 DPS, with all damage options taken to almost the highest feasible level to see, w/ rigs and mids to fit tank, tackle and application.

I said it’s 912.4 dps with heat.

Anyhow, the Prophecy and Myrmidon where the firepower comes usually from the droneybay feel left behind when compared to the other ones.

Prophecy could use some changes to make non-meme fits viable, Myrm is fine as is.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.