The Mysterious Missing Sotiyo Killmail

‘Every other kill’…

I’m sceptical. How do you know that the list of uploaded kills on zkillboard you’re looking at is a complete list of ‘all the kills for or against that corp’, and not, say, a selection and consists of 'all of the kills for or against that corp that got uploaded’?

It’s entirely possible for a corporation that does not automatically upload kills, that a part of the kills for or against that corp is uploaded anyway, by the other involved parties.

In other words, uploaded killmails by or against a corporation are not an indication that the corporation automatically uploads their losses, unless you happen to know that at least one other involved party (=victim or last hit) in one of those fights does not automatically upload kills.

And even if you find an uploaded killmail where the corporation killed someone who does not upload killmails, that is no indication that the corporation uploads those killmails automatically, because uploading of killmails can be done by hand, selectively.

I still think the most obvious reason of the missing killmail is that neither of the two parties chose to upload the killmail, unknowingly or on purpose.

1 Like

You keep ignoring what I’ve said. I know what I shot and at it is all there. All the other stations we bashed are all there. On March 1st we destroyed 16 Athanors and they are all there…for example. In fact around 40 stations so far in the war. We are still bashing stations today…and they are there in killboard. Odd how it is ONLY the Sotiyo missing…out of dozens of stations and hundreds of ships.

Because it’s pretty rare that people have not subscribed to automatically upload to zkillboard.

But the guy who got the last kill on the Sotiyo probably is that exception, as that would explain the lack of the killmail.

Nope…apparently CCPs excuse is that the killmail got ‘lost’. Missing server file…cough…cough.

Oh well.

BUMP. CCP has no concern with what we do in highsec… other than pay taxes and act as a recruitment ground for new F1 monkeys moving to nullsec… and buy plex to pay the rents demanded for real content.

1 Like

Hey team! Rebuilding a killmail is quite a process, as it depends both on us and on Squizz (who runs zKillboard) who has to go through a custom process to import it on zKillboard.

The completed killmail can be found here: Sotiyo | P.A.R.A.B.E.L.U.M trade and construction inc. | Killmail | zKillboard

9 Likes

Woo, nice work man! Kudos to the folks at CCP - and to the mighty Squizz - for working on this!

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you :slight_smile:

On that note: what happened to Hilmar’s titan km?

Thank you for this step forward.

Excellent. Thanks to all for their work on it.

We are committed to re-creating it, and Squizz has agreed to do his magic to get it on the Killboards when we do. The cool news: we were able to catch what causes these issues live with that one! We hope to have the Hilmar Avatar mail up quicker than this one, since we’ve learned a bunch with the Sotiyo, and will post as soon as I have a better timeline on that one.

4 Likes

Cheers for this.

For 50 Billion ISK ‘princess’ will do a lot more than that…

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Well done ccp , and who was moaning they don’t care about high sec :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.