The real reasons player population is declining

Been suggested before yet the career agents hand out 6 ships and about 7 mill. The difference that mine are fitted shows the people how a ship could look all decked out.

I am willing to take the chance and do appreciate the thanks and folks who still remember a ship they got a year and a half ago.

I will keep doing what I do

m

10 Likes

Actually, it favours the defender.

3 Likes

Maybe heā€™s just wrong.

Google ā€œTrammelā€. Find your answer and the dire consequences that come with it.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t an argument of opinions. Itā€™s an argument between those who have learned the game and those who havenā€™t.

2 Likes

The problem is the devs. Theyre taking the game in the wrong direction with no light at the end of an increasingly dark tunnel.

4 Likes

Iā€™m presuming youā€™re coming from an angle of never ever having helped a new bro out?

Soo, 2 of you that have an ā€œIā€™m alright jackā€¦F Uā€ attitude.

Iā€™m sure that anyone thinking of joining the game and are reading these threads for a little research are finding them really encouragingā€¦

1 Like

Feel free to tell me which of the commata are set incorrectly. Always happy to learn.

1 Like

Well you probably started with someone, i.e. your momma, feeding you, giving you shelter and sending you to school. Thatā€™s not nothing.

Also Marketingā€¦ no matter how much money you make with that, your existence is entirely useless. Youā€™re a leech on the ass of society and I donā€™t see you fit to give anyone proper advise about how to approach this game or live their life.

5 Likes

Maybe he also got a small loan of one million dollars from his ā€œdadā€ to start his business. :smile:

4 Likes

Oh, I actually helped quite a lot of new players, mostly with things like knowledge or advice, not by potentially devaluating their self earned progress of the first few days. I also gifted Isk and assets on several occasions to people, just not to new players who couldā€™t make a comparable amount in the foreseeable future on their own.

How much someone achieves or feels he progresses in the game, is most certainly one of the decisive factors that determine if he will stay or leave again. Showing him options und telling him how to improve on what he thinks he likes and wants to do and letting him do and earn everything on his own, will definitely result in a much bigger sense of achievement, progress and ultimately success.

0 in a tanked freighter ganks happen all the time, totally has to do with with how much they carryā€¦kill mails are cancer.

Thatā€™s not even worth a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  reply, beyond thisā€¦

1 Like

I think that the reason why people are abandoning EVE is because CCP is abandoning EVE. Every game has itā€™s time and without any fixes to problems and updates to make the game feel new, people will become fatigued. Adding micro-transactions also doesnā€™t help when your game is focused on a cynical player base.

3 Likes

Just quickly, as this has possibly been discussed ad nauseam:

There are more reasons for ganks, than dank loot and juicy killmails. Letā€™s take a look at empty freighters being ganked and letā€™s focus on the fact that this is a lose-lose.

Is it a lose-lose?

For the victim it means the loss of the ship, which could have cost them anywhere between 1 and 11 Billion in case of a JF. Now, they get some back due to insurance. But nevertheless, they lose. They lose money and they lose operational time. They might also lose their nerves. Clearly a loss.

How about the attacker? They lose all their ganking ships, and only might get some back by looting the modules or salvaging, if they care. They lose time as well, which they could have used in different other ways to make profit, instead of loss, right? Looks like a loss too.

Now, creating a lose-lose is a pretty standard move in the economic world. Companies lower the prices at their own losses in order to get rid of competition, in some cases drive other companies or even entire states into bankrupcy. In order to profit from a lose-lose you need to have the economical advantage, i.e. fatter pockets.

When Goons/Code are ganking empty Freighters in Highsec, they deliberately create a situation in which both sides lose, because it hits the victim much harder. The loss of a few JF/Freighters could mean the end of operations for some. And if it were just that, Goons would invest some pocket money to drive others into bankrupcy. But I assume it doesnā€™t stop there. In order to produce Freighters, you need a lot of minerals. Who has a lot of Minerals? Exactly. The same goes for Talosi. So what they are doing is this: rather than selling X minerals to an oversaturated market, they turn X minerals into a loss of Y ISK for the victim and they also create new demand.

In short: ganking is also a means to hold economically weaker entitities down, while also positively influencing the price for your own sourced minerals.

If there is some nice cargo in the Freighter: all the better. The soldiers will be happy to get some. For the strategists behind it, it doesnā€™t really matter. One could shoot the wreck for all they care.

I mean, thatā€™s what I assume, because that would be what I would decide, if I were in the place to do that. That being said, there are surely personal motives behind ganking empty Freighters, such as killmails or general lust for creating dismay, but the whole thing wouldnā€™t happen on that scale, if it was only that.

The strange thing is that other large powerhouses who source Trillions in Minerals arenā€™t doing the same.

2 Likes

#6 EVE is game of alts, multiboxing and bots.

4 Likes

cough SiSi cough

Why do people join a PvP game and complain about PvP?

2 Likes

not sure why people dont expect this type of stuff in a sandbox game :shrug:
People are gonna do whatever they want as long as its with in the rules and TOS of CCP
face the facts folks

If you read the New Player Handbook the first mention of this being a pvp game is on page 15 where it mentions in one sentence that this is a pvp game at its core.

Itā€™s then 20 odd pages about becoming a Miner, Explorer, Industrialist etc before its mentioned again. Up until not long ago the three starter packs you could buy from CCp were Industrialist, Exploration and Miningā€¦no sign of a pvp ship.

So for what is allegedly a pvp centric game it certainly doesnā€™t seem CCP push it that way to future subscribers.

In fact, quite the opposite.

4 Likes

Page 6 actually (The first page that is something other than art and contents;

"1 WHAT IS EVE ONLINE?
1.1 WHO DO I PLAY AS?

ā€¦market your fighting skills as a mercenary, roam the spacelanes as a pirate,
conduct espionage and infiltration"

With the possible exception of the first one, those are PVP roles you cannot do without other players.