The real reasons player population is declining

Hmmm…
I don’t disagree with any of these facts.
However, I do question if full truth in advertising would have worked better.

“Play EvE and be a Miner, Explorer, or Industrialist!” sounds better than, “Play EvE and BE the PVP content for existing players!”

–Marketing Gadget

6 Likes

Yes I read that, I was pointing at the actual mention of pvp directly, rather than a soft mention of it.

1 Like

I was pointing out its a bit disingenuous to say Pg 15 when there 5 pages of art and contents before the actual start of that (out of date) document.

Either way, most advertising Ive seen uses combat ships, and rarely mining ships to push the game.

It doesnt really matter where it says what, its an PVP MMO, so, you know, expect to have to avoid being killed.

Its not that hard.

Yeah, terrible consequences… UO turned 20 last year, still is subscriber based, and still is being developed and updated regularly.

1 Like

Not really, it’s still numbered 15, that makes it page 15 regardless of what was on the previous ones.

Just searching.

I don’t get killed.

https://zkillboard.com/character/92262114/losses/

2 Likes

Sigh If you are just going to be wilfully ignorant then you arent really interested in discussing anything, are you?

Market alts rarely do

1 Like

A swing and a miss, keep trying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep trying what? You arent making a point anymore, just picking random words in replies and then replying with nothing to do with the discussion.

If you actually want to go down this line of thinking, you need provide this evidence of the opposite.

Miner, Explorer, Industrialist etc all require you to operate under the eyes of other players and to engage with them using various means. Combat is simply one of those, but they all involve being against other players (PVP).

You’re either not capable of getting the point I made, or trolling.

Either way I’m out.

3 Likes

Yeah, call me a troll doesnt negate the fact you have literally made no point.

If you cant defend your halfbaked nonsense, probably best to keep it to yourself in future.

This is a fact.
This also confirms EVE is a pvp-centric game :wink:
@Drago_Shouna you just got massively schooled lel

4 Likes

Your “point” was that some people don’t want to PVP and they would like this game better, if there wasn’t any. That are several assumptions at once.

First, you assume that you speak for anyone but yourself. Next you assume that PVE or Industry would be fun if there weren’t any PVP. Then you assume this game could even exist without PVP. And so on. Meh.

The only fair point is this:

Fair enough, but it also depends a bit on the new player to what extent he or she will be food for others or will feed with others.

2 Likes

So I agree with some of what you say. Eve is all about bringing out peoples inner evil rat bastard. Good behavior is not rewarded. I’ve always said Eve needs a way to let players take on the role of the police. But narcotics use if the least of my concerns in Eve. That is such a small part of Eve. I’d be worried more about mechanics and rules that make open immoral acts OK, Stealing, scamming, griefing, the list is endless. High sec should be very safe based on security status, low sec should be risky and null flat out crazy dangerous. But none of that is true.

Oh well, it is a game and it has rules. Are the rules consistent with what most folks would agree are moral values. Not at all and that was a decision CCP made from the start. I don’t ever see that fundamental nature of “shooting strangers in the face” that shapes Eve changing. So Eve will never be the largest player base of the MMO world. But are you playing Eve because everyone else is? I hope not.

So if you are playing chess is you opponent being violent against you? Yes, that is the point of the game. In fat in that game one player will eventually be totally destroyed. In Eve there is no end game. I’ve been at it 13 years and no end in sight. Does it crush my soul at times? Sure! But if you like space games that you can actually play Eve is the only one that matters.

Eve is not short period of play instant gratification game. Eve is a long game of infinite dimensions. Only the player can decide if they are “winning” or “losing”. I’d say if a player makes the decision to log in again at some level they must think they are winning,

So go out and explode someone, or dominate a market, or build a giant alliance or a small carebear mining corp. Make some space friends or space enemies. Try not to take it too seriously, its only pixels on a screen after all, If you can’t find something to challenge you in Eve you aren’t looking.

Yes, Eve is dying but so are we all, until we do I guess I’ll keep at it.

Issler Dainze
Definitely Winning

3 Likes

I would disagree with this.

Trust still needs to be earned, and reputation goes farther than ISK.
Unless you would consider Chribba a rat-bastard.

–“Good Girl” Gadget gets a treat

4 Likes

They can, but CONCORD is so efficient, they do the job faster and better than players can. FACPO also will hunt down negative sec status people quite efficiently. Do you propose doing away with CONCORD and FACPO, and letting players take over? Players can already freely shoot -5 and below players, but few do.

High Sec is extremely safe. I’ve had one gank attempt against any of my characters ever, and never have even had a war dec against me, despite this character missioning in somewhat blingy ships, in the past acting as a scout/warp in/looter. People losing ships in high sec that are trying to avoid PvP are expecting the game to do all their risk management instead of doing it themselves. Null sec is only as safe as the owners make it.

2 Likes

This is called the test server, PvP is verboten in all but a few areas.

It’s also a desolate wasteland where nothing has value.

2 Likes

Ok, I challenge you to brick-tank a couple of Skiffs, then AFK mine with them in null-,low- and highsec. Then take a brick-tanked Freighter with some reasonable amount of stuff < 1bil and go full AP in null-,low- and highsec.

Do this a few times and bring back the numbers and then we talk again about how highsec is not very very safe. Ok?

4 Likes

Wait, “time out”!

Should I be using drugs for PvP and if so what kind? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Everyone knows from TV, if it’s the right drugs you will end up as Captain America

please search combat boosters in the market category and see a beautifull new world

1 Like