The Rise and Fall in Bitcoin Value

You do not have prerequisites.

You can understand someone doing something from logic point of view, but it will still be emotions (or lack of them) and other things like ideas from nowhere that make it personal, and those you cant really put on simulation so easily.

1 Like

That never works. It was more of just a talking point and something people would say to make themselves feel macho.

One thing which is noticeable is that ponzi schemes always seem to have a vocal leader who is always making statements. That simply isn’t the case with BTC, the creator made the BTC software available around 2009 and hasn’t been heard from, the BTC he assigned to himself hasn’t even been touched. A ponzi scheme owner would have spent that money within a couple of weeks.

Can anyone shed any light on why the owner of the alleged ponzi scheme (BTC) has not drawn upon the money? Things simply do not add up here and I’m unsure why it’s labelled a ponzi. If I can’t get an answer as to why that money remains untouched then it might be time to revise opinions on it being a ponzi, simply because it’s not behaving like one.

This is what I mean about facts, it can be proven without a doubt that the money that satoshi assigned to himself hasn’t been touched.

The creation is very visible for people to see and analyse in great depth. Masterminds would have raised the alarm bells long ago if it was a ponzi.

Also the inner working of a ponzi are always hidden and the public is told profit is generated in some other way, again this simply isn’t the case with BTC everything seems to be like an open book anyone can read anytime.

When you buy BTC (for investment) you are very clear on what’s happening, you already know it’s volatile, you know that the value won’t go higher until it becomes scarce, one is told everything thing about it or at least should realise nothing is hidden from them.

Problems only start to happen with BTC/Crypto when people try to manage a large portion of other peoples crypto in order to make profit.

Could the BTC haters not bark on me, I’m simply pointing out major differences.

Why not? How so? I see many vocal people around advocating for it. They must be loaded with bags up to the tips of their noses. WAGMI.

That’s just manipulation which we need to be careful of listening to, again facts are facts, the people you speak of have no control whatsoever over what BTC does.

We must notice that nobody is marketing “Buy small amounts of BTC just for the transactions you need to do” What you will see is “Invest large amounts of money in BTC”. These manipulators seem to try to raise the scarcity of BTC in order to raise the BTC value and profit from it, what the manipulators misunderstand is that the scarcity is simply managed by the economy, If the cost of living is lower there’s more money to invest, When the cost of living is high there will be less investment as more people want what little they have as liquid.

So yes there is a massive difference between a group of people (SBF’s and DoKwon’s) trying to manipulate the value of BTC and BTC itself being a ponzi scheme. one part is true the other part is false.

People who are not investors should simply leave BTC alone until they come across a retailer where they want/need something from and the retailer requests BTC, simply buy the amount of BTC you need for that transaction and nothing more. Only experienced veteran investors should invest large sums in buying BTC because they understand how it goes and might see the long term investment. The 40 year old with £30k life savings must stay away from BTC (unless they are super sure of what they are doing).

I am no expert, but the story I heard was that nobody could find this Satoshi guy and it may have been a fake name.

He could be mr blobby from blobby land for all I care, facts are the money remains untouched, these are not the actions of someone running a ponzi I don’t care what anyone says.

Maybe he just forgot about that old Bitcoin project.

That would be correct, because doing something like that results in a lot of things. I willl not say anything about intentions, no matter what was written in manifesto, the facts are it made many people poor and angry… Those are to be afraid of.

False, the promise of the manipulators made them poor and angry.

The poor and angry people you speak of should try to go over what happened and learn from it, personally I think they enquired about investments that would help them increase their savings, unfortunately the persons they spoke to gave them false promises about crypto/BTC.

Do you think they would have invested if the manipulator was honest and made it crystal clear what would happen in an economic downturn? I think not.

No business person selling something will never ever say anything bad about what they are selling, that’s just not how it would work, anything that was said to them would have been positive and encouraging which is why they brought a load of BTC and gave it to an investor (or manipulator I should say).

You mean people who advocate for adoption of bitcoin? Not Satoshi who we dont know even exists, but from who the idea and manifesto appeared?

Yes, thats why you make up fake name.

1 Like

No, the greedy people who want to stand on your shoulders in order to get by in life. They are 2 different sets of people.

Satoshi made his creation and left, it was designed in a specific way that everyone has to comply with. The manipulators I speak of won’t be honest about BTC and tell people that the value could seriously drop due to a bad economy. This is where the issue is, not in the creation but the way in which it’s used.

You cant have success of something like bitcoin without shills. And best shills are those who are into it. Together with the first one, known by some fake name.

A real Bitcoiner will never lie to you. they will just tell you the cold hard truth weather it’s good or bad.

Ask me and I will tell you investing in BTC sucks in an economic downturn and should be avoided by people who are new to crypto, Only people who have studied BTC for a year and have long experience with investing should invest in BTC. Using BTC as an ad-hoc currency and money transfer is private and secure is what I would promote.

I’d be useless as a salesman trying to sell financial packages that involve BTC/Crypto as I would be too honest with the prospective customers.

By a purchase of USDT in one of exchanges, so they can buy some BTC?
USDT is a scam in itself.

There is a difference between what you wrote and what most people are doing. its not really important in grand scheme that you give such advice.

True bitcoiner fallacy.

Also funny that you claim BTC user are above mere mortals. They have the ability to never be wrong, to know the truth at any time.

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for the quote you claimed to deliver.

Funny that you try to change what I said. I did not say they are never wrong, I implied that they won’t lie to you for personal gain (manipulate) A salesman trying to sell someone a financial investment package which includes BTC won’t be 100% honest. This is the way of the world and I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.

Actually I’m not surprised, you ignore facts a lot. There really isn’t much point in us talking if you want to spend large amounts of time debating if a salesman is honest, everyone already knows whatever they say won’t be the full truth (or they should know based on experience).

You must start accepting the truths of the world which you can use to work out what’s going on. If you ignore a lot you will always be far from finding the truth. Have you not been sold a dodgy car by a dodgy salesman?

What are they talking about.

FTX collapse will clear couple of things and is an impulse for better change. Its good news for everyone. Maybe bad for the exchanges and scammers tho. Ah, and those people who were lied to, they just see how much is crypto actually worth, not nearly as much as they thought and as was promised to them by some shills.

You do realise it’s not just crypto losing value right?, all fiat money around the world is losing value.

In the UK a new prime minister who recently resigned tried to reduce the tax we pay, reducing 5 taxes by around 5% resulted in the UK getting a poor credit rating and the cost of lending increasing, the value of the £ went down by a few pence (against the $), this resulted in people having to find a further £500 per month to cover their mortgage.

The further £500 was a terrible blow to people with mortgages as they were already struggling to meet energy and food costs, I honestly have no idea how people in the UK are going to maintain, I feel so bad for lots of people.