The Svarog Clade - Testing us?

Ohh, I forgot that the Deepwatchers were also damaged. So it looks like they also fit the criteria to be struck by this.

Since the overminds are dominix battleships that has been infected, it is possible that they don’t carry whatever technology that causes this. After all they are a bit more primitive than the remaining enteties in the Abyss.

This does bring up another interesting question: Is this the reason why we can’t use Tech 3 Cruisers in the Abyss? Their design is based on sleeper tech, and despite being cruiser class vessels they carry firepower that can rival some battleships, thus they will be vulnerable to this just like the Lucid Deepwatchers are.

3 Likes

Could the overmind battleships have been constructed in Abyssal Space? … a few small drones get in (somehow) and then do what drones do (reproduce and replicate) eventually building an overmind when the hive is large enough?

2 Likes

It’s possible; the Abyssal Overminds seem to be specialized for the Abyss, and really very much at home there. Only, they’re still using Dominix hulls? I can see still wanting to use something familiar, such as that design, but there are huge holes ripped in it that seem to suggest aggressive breach and infestation.

It seems more like they acquired a bunch of Overmind-class drones by their usual methods (infesting Dominix-class ships), moved them into the Abyss, and refit them for specific roles (not necessarily in exactly that order).

1 Like

I suppose hoping that’s just a preferred aesthetic would just be wishful thinking…

2 Likes

Well-- maybe to a rogue drone’s way of thinking, an Overmind always has breach holes, so even if you’re building an Overmind from scratch you still have to include the holes?

Maybe their Overmind-formation process is even specialized enough that they have to build an intact Dominix, then invade it?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.