This is space, don't level off ships when they stop!

I know a lot of EvE doesn’t reflect physics (even slightly) but why do ships “level off” when they stop in space. Remove this unneeded mechanic and just let ships stop facing in the same direction they were when they were last moving. I understand this is a small complaint but it took work to make ships do this and it ruins the immersion of being in space.

2 Likes

Because EVE’s game engine is actually a sub marine sim.

EVE is not a space sim, it’s almost not even a space ship game. It’s a PVP sandbox that just through sheer accident has spaceships in it.

I agree.
Might as well remove the ship sounds too = NO sounds in space.
And the explosions as well = Fire doesn’t spread in space.

In fact, even the way ships navigate in EVE space is wrong, beside the Warp thing which is pure science fiction at the moment.

Thats just because you understand about as much about physics as a neanderthal…

that just shows you’ve done 0 reading of eve lore of how things work. sounds are simulated into your head so you dont go crazy from the silence. ive seen special sound rooms made to be completely silent make people flip out after a while.

In fact, even the way ships navigate in EVE space is wrong, beside the Warp thing which is pure science fiction at the moment.

Yes. To level a craft in space, unless to dock with another spacecraft, is more than useless.

Then why are you asking?

1 Like

I had thought that in space we all weigh the same so this applies to New Eden and the leveling off process is the result of rounding up the inertial balance equation.

I believe I saw in the settings menu there is a setting that automatically aligns your ship with the axis of the system your in.

The mechanics appear to based on hydrodynamics, where the hydro in question is a non Newtonian fluid such as blood.

Custard is also a non Newtonian fluid, although it would be amusing to use it in this example, it acts in the wrong way when pressure is applied.

Eve, a submarines in an ocean of blood simulation.

2 Likes

The custard wars, begun they have.

1 Like

Tama.

Shark Infested Custard.

When does a ship in space stop? and what is stopping in space?

1 Like

The UNIVERSE moves around US

Wow

Heavy

1 Like

Not sure if Bill and Ted or the Roman Catholic church before Galileo told them Copernicus was right.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.