Thorax PVP-Fit - Comments?

Bulkhead tank Thorax

Highs:
5 x Heavy Neutron Blaster II
(I carry Void & faction anti matter)

Mids:
50MN Y-T8 Compact MWD (use to tackle then shut off)
Warp Scrambler II
2 x Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Lows:
Damage Control II
Magenetic Field Stabalizer II
3 X Reinforced Bulkheads II

Rigs:
3 x Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Drones:
5 x Acolyte II
5 x Hornet EC-300 (use to escape kitey bs)

Goodluck!

1 Like

You went wrong at using a Gallente ship. You want a glorious Amarrian ship.

First decent fit in this thread. Rigs can be T1 though.

1 Like

Instead of linking a fit and taking the time to explain why it is like that. Typically he waits for you to suggest and then picks at you. Just like his name speak.

Bulkhead tank Thorax

Highs:
5 x Heavy Neutron Blaster II
(I carry Void & faction anti matter) (these are shawnoff shotguns on iceskates, and will always need help. help via tracking computers, webs and keeping an eye on transversal, and using keep at range.)

Mids:
50MN Y-T8 Compact MWD (used to control range and position. Can be offlined to save capacitor.)
Warp Scrambler II (Can reduce the speed of a ship using an mwd. and stops them warping off)
2 x Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier (Increases your damage and reduces incoming damage. slows the ships and makes them easier to hit. also helps control the range from a ship, by slowing them down. )

Lows:
Damage Control II (because reducing the incoming damage give more EHP without extra weight or capacitor. And this is usually the best way to increase your health ā€œEHPā€)
Magenetic Field Stabalizer II (because you only need a little extra when dealing with stuff smaller than you)
3 X Reinforced Bulkheads II (because you will have tank without cap. this is a passive tank, or brick tank. It requires no cap. if was an active tank like armor rep or ancil armor rep you will need cap. But as explained before the shotguns need help, and the mids are used for this. else you would add a capicot charger and lose application ā€œweb or scramā€)

Rigs:
3 x Medium Transverse Bulkhead II (because you will have tank without cap) (and because real pvpers hulltlank)

Drones:
5 x Acolyte II
5 x Hornet EC-300 (use to escape kitey bs)

1 Like

Hey @Razadax (or anyone ā€œin the knowā€) - What sort of PVP playing style do you do with this Thorax BH Tank fit? Iā€™m new to PVP in general and decided to go with this fit as my ā€œtraining wheelsā€ to get things started.

Much appreciated and Happy Holidays everyone!!! Get your EVE ON!

1 Like

HIt and run on frigate and destroyers in web/scram range.
Or sitting at zero in a Faction war plex.
Or roaming null gangs with armor logistics (could refit with armor plates)

Rush in and face hug all the things unless itā€™s a frigate or destroyer, then stay at range a bit (3-5km). Itā€™s the easiest tactic for newer players.

1 Like

This particular Thorax is one I use to roam, hunt low sec space. Here are a few examples of kills ive gotten with it.

To further answer your question, this fit is designed to tackle your target and hope you melt their face before friends arrive or they melt yours! Also keep in mind that im a newer character but not a new player. I am fully injected, max skillsā€¦ you want to deal max damage with this fit!

2 Likes

The general rule of thumb is to fit every ship to excel at one thing, and only engage/use it for that one thing.

If I need a throw away ship to hold down a valuable target, Iā€™ll send a brick fit maller with a rep, sebo eccm, point, web, and a full rack of vamps (because the ship is not for dps, why even bother fitting guns).

If I need told a haw dread, I have a t2 vengeance fit that specializes in that as well, and also drops its rockets for vamps.

If I want to one shot something, I fly an alphacane while aligned with a higgs rig. If I donā€™t alpha you I warp off.

If my fleet needs more dictors, I fly a hyperspatial 50mn cloaky eris, get there fast, warp in and overheat to 12km fast, drop my bubble, then die. I did my job (best of luck trying to stop a p-reoverheated 50MN eris from crashing gates the island gate gamps during giant fleet fights, even when you web/scram them, they keep moving like a torpedo to that gate)

See what Iā€™m saying?

1 Like

The passive recharge on shield is not something that will work in pvp.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.