Tracking information

Today I was using a blaster Cormorant fit to sit in a FW plex, it got owned by a kiting Rifter. I’ve no issue over loding the ship but want to learn to what I can do better. My idea was to appeach him as he came in the bump him, locked him and attack from close range. However I didnt bump him and he quickly got out beyond my scram range because it takes so long for a Destroyer to lock an AB Frigate and he just kited me till I popped.

Obviosuly my blasters couldnt reach him so I though if I try that again in that ship ill go Railgun fit. but I know rails are not as goot as tracking so added a TE to the fit, however the tracking number shown in PYFA is still way below the tracking for blasters.

I entered the fits (and an older KB fir of the person that killed me) into PYFA and whilst it shows I can hit for more damage at the distance.

I believe those results are based on him being stationary, which he wasnt, he was doing about 1800k/ms at 18km ish, if i enter those into PYFA i get this.

Apart from not being about to put in a m/s figure and havving to rely on a % is shows a 0 for blasters (obviously) and a just over 200 for my rail but does that figure include an estiamte for tracking? if not how can I estimate DPS for a target that is orbiting me at 18km at 1800k/ms?

Of course it is, but you need less tracking to apply to a target that orbits you further at the same speed.

No, otherwise you wouldn’t get 0 DPS at 0 km.

It does, in the circles below set the vectors for target and attacker perpendicularly. This asumes the Rifter is perfectly orbiting, which is the worst possible scenario for tracking.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining

Don’t discount the 75mm gatlin guns if you are frig hunting in a cormorant. The range and tracking will serve you well and allow for a better fitting, including MASB, LML and your choice of prop mod. Likely Thorium will give you the range you need.

Example

[Cormorant, 75mm Corm]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

75mm Gatling Rail II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S
Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

thanks @Wanda_Fayne ill check that out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.