Tripwire + EVE-O Preview mix -- is it legal?

I have an idea of an app for simplifying life in wormholes. It is very similar to tripwire, a map of wh systems based on SSO response about player’s location, but with possibility to put a window with wh systems map on top of Eve (like EVE-O Preview does). And, maybe, some basic control buttons like “track/don’t track character”.
So, is it legal and not violating EULA?
Looks like it should be legal, since both Tripwire and EVE-O Preview are legal, but I guess it’s better to check it before do anything

(Edit) Corrected EVE-O Preview name

Dammit. It is EVE-O Preview, not O Preview :upside_down_face:

Btw feel free to contact me if you’ll need any help on the technical side

Re your question - IMHO as long as you follow API usage guidelines and don’t try to do any client automation / input broadcasting you should be fine with EULA/ToS

Thanks for the feedback. I corrected EVE-O Preview name.
I didn’t even start an investigation about technical side, but thanks for your offer.

That said it is way easier on the technical side than it looks, at least considering the EOP experience / infrastructure.

Tbh I would even consider adding that to the core EOF feature set or as an companion app

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.