Trying to fit a Rattlesnake for L4

Thank you soo much,

Ill fly out tonight and see how it goes,

Last thing is implants when I get more bling,

Also skill training plan, Navigation>targeting>BS command >missiles >social?

Good luck!

I don’t know about implants, I just use a set of skill training ones.

It all depends on what you have now. BS to 4 is pretty important given the bonuses it gives. It’s hard to get more than a 10% damage bonus. Generally I order things by skill levels or training time. Or what part of doing what I am currently doing is the most annoying.

1 Like

I run 2 garde, 2 mission specific sentry drones, 1 gecko, 5 lights. with the two omnis and tracking scripts the gecko can manage with pretty much any frig. If you don’t want to buy geckos heavy drones are probably fine. NPC frigs orbit at about the same speed a heavy drone does, so the end result is the drone follows the frig with low transversal and the heavy can typically hit it, just might need to wait for the drone to turn it’s MWD off.

it’s the fit I run (heck I just use invluns) and it’s fine with experience. The ship can do so much dps that it largely can run on just buffer tank, but the pithum c-type is perfect for topping off any damage you do take. Sounds like OP doesn’t have the experience to prioritize targets or manage triggers.

gardes will hit pretty much anything in orbit destroyer and up, and pretty much any sentry can snipe frigs on approach. and if some npc frigs get into their orbit range a gecko or flight of lights should be able to deal with them.

Yeah I copied your fit, im putting down to ok skills trained and not enough experience.

I’m slowly learning from eve survival guides on what to kill etc

Great topic, full of good advice.

I’m planning to restart running L4 with a Rattlesnake fitted (a long time ago) like this:

[Rattlesnake, Fit]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I, Scourge Cruise Missile
’Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I, Scourge Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Caldari Navy Wasp x2
Caldari Navy Warden x2
Hornet II x5

As you can see I’m cannot use T2 Cruise/Heavy drones/Sentry drones, so I was thinking about a RHML fit (I can use T2 Heavy missiles).

Any advice for a RHML fit?

Can I use my Cruise fit and change only the launchers and maybe the MGC script to range?

Here’s what I’m running at the moment. Naturally, I exchange drones and damage specific hardeners based on the mission.

I swap between Kinetic and Thermal missiles based on the mission so as to take advantage of the Rattlers bonuses.

I use T1 rigs not because I’m poor, but because why spend an extra 250M when my tank works fine even when I aggro the whole room?

I can push out nearly 1500dps with excellent damage application with this setup with crap-tier implants.

I average 7m a tick.

[Rattlesnake, Dichotomy]

Target Painter II
500MN Microwarpdrive II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger I

Infiltrator II x5
Praetor II x2
Acolyte II x5
Curator II x2

Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x5016
Tracking Speed Script x2

I don’t really see anything drastically wrong with the fit, either with cruises or for rapid heavies.
With RHML’s i’d suggest using Heavy Drones though.
With the shorter range of the HM speed tanking plays an important part in survivability as you have to let things get closer to you. Sentries work against you here as there static placement severely limits your mobility options.

Scripts take up next to no space in your inv … so take 1 of each & swap if you need to.

Thank you for your advice, I’ll use Heavy Drone in that case.
Spped tanking is what I’m concerned, i was used to fly that RS as a sniping platform with sentries (that fit was a pre-MJD long range fit) and I’m not sure the tank will be enough.

I run a completely passive shield regen fit - lvl 4’s are easy as the regen more than copes with the incoming damage

I just warp into any level 4 mission and kill everything without moving with this fit. Use to use it for sansha sites in provi hence the two rigs but it breezes through level 4’s

5x cruise missile II
1x Drone Link Augmentor II
1x Pithum C Medium Shield Booster
1x (Mission specific) Resist Amplifier II
2x (Mission specific) Resist Hardener II
2x Shield Boost Amplifier II
1x Gist B 500mn MWD

3x Ballistic Control System II
3x Drone Damage Amplifier II

1x Large Anti EM Screen Reinforcer II
1x Large Anti Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
1x Large Capacitor Control I

5x Light
3x Medium
3x Sentry

Even using standard cruise missiles still over 1000dps (1196) and over 85khp
Buy price is 745m ISK which is not too bad.
If you want you can put t2 ammo and get 1416dps
Adding in faction DPS mods increase it further too 1507 but that costs you an extra
600m isk.

If you want to go silly dps use RHML II but that decreases your range and chews through lots of ammo.

My Lvl 4 Rattlesnake build

Lows:
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Mids:
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster
DG Boost Amp
Rat Specific Hardener
Rat Specific Hardener
Federation Navy Omni Tracking Link
Republic Fleet 100mn AB
Heavy Cap Booster 2 (800)

Highs:
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher 2: Inferno Fury Heavy Missiles
Black Eagle Drone Link Aug

Rigs:
Warhead Rigor Catalyst 2
Drone Speed Aug 2
Drone Speed Aug 2

2 Ogre 2’s

Over 1700 (1748) dps, I almost never have to use the cap booster, it is just there if you get in trouble. Also change out drones and missile types for the specific rats.

There are a lot of things I don’t like with this fit. For starters, it’s literally a gank magnet with close to a billion ISK in faction drone and ballistic modules alone. Next, there is no missile speed augmentation - so in addition to severely capping range you’re easily losing 20% or more of stated damge (this is also before the reload penalty). You’re running a pair of heavy drones at extreme ranges - so if they get webbed there’s a good chance of losing one or both. And an afterburner isn’t going to help you close range fast enough to save them since you have limited missile range.

A sentry/cruise fit Rattlesnake may have less DPS on paper but will run circles around this particular setup. There’s an optimal way to utilize RHMLs; this setup isn’t it.

3 Likes