Two questions: 1) capship jumping, 2) neuts

1. My friend asked what would happen if someone goes behind a mission gate, drops a cyno, and a capship tries to jump to him. I said he would probably get natural phenomenon errors, or the capship would jump to the gate, not to the cyno. But I didn’t know for sure. Can anyone answer?

2. I was in a carrier, and had three capital neuts fitted. I hit a frig (player, not NPC) with all three neuts for minutes, but he still had plenty of cap. I was surprised, as I figured he’d be drained entirely within a very short time. Any insights?

Neuts does not stop a ship capacitor from charging. He might loose all cap when your cycle hits which is why people stagger their neuts/reps and so on.

The minute your cycle hits him his cap charges again allowing him to turn on modules. So if all 3 neuts hit him at just about the same time you basically allow him to keep going.

As for mission gates. It has always been my experience that when I warp to a target behind a mission gate I warp to the entrance not to the target. But knowing CCP that might have broken or changed in the past year.

1 Like

Is it your belief that three capital-sized neuts, used correctly (staggered), would have sucked him to zero cap within short order?

Without knowing the frigates cap size or recharge rate or fit I don’t know. But if one neut did drain the frig to 0 what it would have done is instead of allowing the frigate to operate effectively you would have the frigate struggling to maintain any kind of offensive capability holding your friend.

It would not keep the cap at 0 though. The minute the cycle hits the cap starts recharging after it until the next hit.

Each capital neut would certainly nuke the frigate’s capacitor to zero when they cycle. However the frigate would be charging between each “hit.”

Push comes to shove, the Frigate pilot would dedicate any capacitor he/she gets between each neut “hit” to maintain their warp scrambler/disruptor.

What one could do it fit a smaller energy neut (which has a shorter cycle) to wipe out what little capacitor is recharged on the frigate more often.

However, the Frigate COULD be packing a small capacitor booster to effectively counter the neuts for a short time.

1 Like

Capital Energy Nuets run off Signature Radius. The Smaller the Ship Sig, the less it will Neutralize. Take a look at the description and attributes of the Neutralizer. Same Applies with Xl Neutralizers on a Structure.

6 Likes

Correct… which is why I said “if”. And not knowing the frigate ability,fit… I mean some frigs have god like cap abilities. :slight_smile:

In terms of question 2, Capital neuts have very poor application against smaller ships due to the signature radius method CCP applied to prevent them being over powered against smaller stuff. So if you want to use neuts on a carrier fit heavy neuts, the BS sized ones.

As far as I am aware you cannot light a cyno behind or even at the first acceleration gate of a mission or ded complex. Even some missions without an acceleration gate don’t allow you to light a cyno.

1 Like

It’s because you didn’t train learning skills when you were little,

1 Like

1: Afaik only covert cynos work there. So no capitals. Some people seem to use a BLOPS for 10/10.

2: Thats why you use heavy neuts against subcaps. XL won´t do any good, because they drain based on signature radius and they are cycling…slow.

Not even covert cynos work on acceleration gates as far as I know. People jump in on a safe or station and warp to the gate.

Capital neuts have a sig. bases drain amount … and you can’t light a cYno behind an accerlation gate

1. Shouldnt be able to cyno jump (covert or otherwise) into any space accessed via acceleration gate, especially if that acceleration gate has ship class restrictions.

2. For frigates, use faster cycling neuts/vamps, and stagger their activation on the target. Even then, frigs with their small total cap (cap regen stats are often additive) and small cap needs on scrams/point, might regenerate fast enough to maintain, or re-apply.

Great info - thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.