Upcoming Machariel Change

I’m not sure what do you want to tell me. Projectile weapons almost always fire in their falloff, so this nerf is relevant

I’m not in game currently so don’t have the numbers off the top of my head, but is 12.5% of any practical consequence ? As long as you can hit at 100+km for MJD what does it matter ?

If you are going to be MJD kiting I’m not sure you want to use a mach, with AC’s its already going to be so far in falloff it will be doing poor damage, and with arty you lose a lot of dps compared to other ships, and are pretty far in falloff losing even more. The falloff is nice to have, as doing low dps is better than no dps and it can be nice to pick off some things on approach, but I wouldn’t build the ship around that.

MJD brawling on the other hand, I love my mach for that. Easy to MJD right into the middle of a group and do full damage with high damage ammo and drones. That said there’s only a few missions where that works.

2 Likes

I miss the extra low slot for my armor Machariel. I’ve compensated with an Aerator rig but this has knocked my warp speed down from the low 8’s to high 5’s. I definitely feel the hit to falloff though, and find myself using Barrage more than previously. Signature bloom I don’t notice much of a change and on the plus side I can run a semi-cap stable tank since there seems to be no end to the ongoing client instability issues.

One thing I wish they had changed would’ve been to drop the number of turrets to 6, increase the utility highs to 2 and boost the damage accordingly.

CCP keeps killing utility slots, so I wouldn’t count on it.

idk how they perform now i havent used mine in a long time but i sold my armor mach anyway because it looks pretty garbage since the update for pve
i still have my shield one tho

Armor Machariel is still viable. Plus a Deadspace fit is far cheaper than a comparable shield one.

well my mach is kinda semi omni tanked
its tanked for th kin exp so it can run most missions without changing hardeners
its not tanked for em tho which is why i had an armor one too
because my armor one was tanked em th
but i rarely get em th missions anyway so i hardly used it
i can probably use a loki or something if those missions come up but i rarely run missions anyway
i just do whatever pve i feel like when im in the mood to

My Mach is even better, the new medium slot opened space for some very good tweaks on certain missions, and still have a very nice fallof.

Definitely slower running L4s.

tbh i think they should have left the low slot alone, and i guess the other mods are okay… love the mid slot!!! its a bs with big guns supposed to shoot big ships up close anyway so the hit to falloff is rather insignificant imo, unless you use falloff of course, but i sirs, like optimal or near that.
I love the shield and armor machs, and I think a 7,6,8 slot config isnt bad or op…

I had an armour Mach with Tracking Enhancer in the low, so I just changed it to an armour Mach with a Tracking Computer in the mid.

I switched back to my Kronos. RIP Machariel…

I think you’re over reacting

1 Like

The range nerf really impacted it. You have to run Barrage to get the same kind of range previously, and with Barrage you see both a damage type and DPS hit. That -12.5% translates into a lot of misses at NPCs that were previously sniped when running Faction ammo.

I’m not saying it’s now bad, just that other than the warp speed bonus it doesn’t really have many redeeming qualities. It’s no longer top tier and middle of the pack at best.

What ship do you consider top tier Arthur?
For blitzing at least, seems hard to replace machariel dont you think ?

1 Like

Kronos, Paladin or Vargur. You can run most missions (either blitz or full clear) with a comparable align and warp speed (upwards of 6 AU/s).

The few mission objectives that don’t spawn in your cargo bay can be easily snagged with the 48km tractor range.

With a short-range weapon array configuration you can typically deliver 800 DPS or higher out to 60-75km ranges and upwards of 1400 DPS in the 20-30km range. The MJD bonus/cooldown allows you to jump to key locations to apply maximum damage.

And last but not least, a larger cargo capacity and salvage component means you can loot any mission deemed worthwhile with a minimal of effort.

1 Like

For a full clear I don’t doubt that a marauder is better, but I find it hard to believe that a Kronos beats a Machariel for blitzing L4s where speed and agility in the pocket is such a critical factor - even after the re-balance. The range nerf certainly reduces initial DPS in the falloff, but it only takes a few seconds moving at 1600m/s to close the gap and bring the DPS back up. And some of the more profitable blitz missions would be untenable without that speed in the pocket (such as Scarlet).

Again, I agree that for a full clear a marauder is hard to beat (before and after the re-balance). I only question the assertion that it’s better for blitzing as well. But I admit that I don’t currently have a marauder fit to run the numbers.

1 Like

How fast does your ship exactly need to be? An align under 8s, warp speed over 6 AU/s and 1200m/s velocity is more than sufficient to blitz the vast majority of missions. We’re talking seconds (and not minutes here) in terms of a direct comparison.

Keep in mind that a good chunk of blitz missions can be run with a Hecate, so the best ship is not even a Machariel for those.

1 Like

Unless you’re putting speed mods in the low slots, I don’t think you can make it go that fast and also warp that quickly (even with maxed skills and implants). At least I’m not seeing a combination for it in PYFA. The advantage of the Mach for blitzing has always been its combination of warp and sub warp speed on the same fitting, while retaining enough firepower and tank to clear the mission objectives quickly.

Huh…Never seen that before. I know it’s popular in FW missions, but I can’t find a video of anyone blitzing with it in regular L4s. I love the Hecate, so I’ll have to try it out (on SiSi, because I’m not sure I’m a believer yet :slight_smile:

There’s been a lot of detailed discussion and calculations about using the Mach and Tengu for blitzing, but not much about using other ships. I’m open to the idea that other ships and fits are better following the recent re-balances, but it’s not immediately obvious and nobody has posted any objective numbers yet.

I’m still blitzing L4s in my Mach in pretty much the same amount of time before and after the rebalance, so it just doesn’t seem like a big deal. But I only measure to the nearest 1/4 minute, so any difference may be within that error range.