Upgrade Upwell Strukture's to the next size

You’re right, they have to come from the Fortizar 5,000km off on the same grid instead. Which I guess is a little harder.
But they can most certainly have that kind of force prepositioned either way.

It offers the potential for interdiction, which is huge.

The defending location would have tethers available; defending capitals would be free to deaggress and repair at will, while the fort’s defenses peel all scrams which would otherwise prevent them from docking up.

Carriers now have an academically limitless number of fighters, faxes will never run out of cap charges, and dreads are free to break tether to blap targets of opportunity.

one thing is clear it should not be able to upgrade day one, more like a month or more after anchoring/upgradeing for starting each step. also it should be a staged upgrade. aka: if you drop a astrahus you first have to upgrade to a fortizar befor you are able to upgrade to a keepstar.
linear progression is the word here .

1 Like

^^ I support this.

1 Like

if you add the initial cost of the base citadel plus the upgrade, yes, it is cheaper than the cost of the base citadel plus the newer bigger citadel, but still more expensive than the cost of the newer bigger citadel by itself, which is actually a fairly wide margin to find some kind of equitable material cost balance that works out into the affordability range at max skill(s), not considering the vastly increased time-cost of the upgrade process

initial cost=x
upgrade cost=y
new citadel cost=z

z<x+y<x+z

citadel services deactivate, incrementally?, while under upgrades, if it takes multiple days to upgrade, then at the three-day mark the shields go offline, now a cit with two damage cap timers has to survive for three days with no defences or assets

it might be to harsh but ofc while upgradeing there no docking and or sevice online (to many nanites flying around to be healthy for humans of anykind) but exact times i guess is in the hands of ccp to set.

in and additional thought it might should trigger the safety system for stuff that is in the stations while the upgrade is initialized.

Depending on the station design it may or may not experience any down time or go completely off line.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.