Using macros for ratting - allowed?

While it may not make you a Bot, I did explain it earlier in this thread:

1 Like

If it’s in relation to your guns/missile launchers, EVE has a built in feature to group you weapons (only works on Guns and Missile Launchers).
If not, then the answer is: no, you may not make such a macro. - This would give you an advantage over someone that does not have the capability to use macros, this is exactly why CCP has banned the use of Macros and software and mechanical devices that does that.

1 Like

Nice ccp position :slight_smile:
The average height of the Icelandic man is 178 cm
My height is 196 cm, cut off my legs and colors my hair with a light color.
I should be like everyone else. my height gives me an advantage, since my fingers stretch a check for people with small hands

WTF?
What prevents a person from buying a mouse and a keyboard with the ability to write macros?
their cost is at the level of the cheapest office keyboards and mice.

Doesn’t matter if it is easily available, you accepted CCP’s EULA and ToS when you created your account and must abide by the limitations that they set. You pay (with PLEX or Creditcard) to use CCP’s services however everything related to CCP hf. and it’s trademarks are the property of CCP hf. as stated in the copyrights:

EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf.

1 Like

You have a serious case of spodbrain, dont you? I have an n52 as well, and I’m perfectly capable of using it to play EVE. In fact, one of it’s profiles is specifically set up to manage fighter controls. By all means buy peripherals that arent measly ‘vanilla’ stuff. ■■■■, I have a G502 mouse with drone shortcuts bound to it. Aaaaaaaaaaand last I check, I’m not banned.

To give you an example of ‘Input Automation’: Macro_key1: activate F1 through F8 (in case of not having guns grouped up). Not that it would take that long to do it manually but sometimes a battle’s flow can change in milliseconds. So I hope you can see why it is prohibited.

How is that prohibited? I was able to put a finger on each of the F1,F2,F3,F4 keys and press them simultaneously. All four modules (mix of guns and e-war) activated together. If I can activate multiple modules with one hand/motion then why can’t I make a macro to do the same thing?

Because if you do not use the macro, that’s all you can do with that hand. If you bind F1-4 to a key, F5-8 to a key, overheat low slots to a key and overheat mid slots to a key then you can do all of that with a single hand in a single tick where before you could not.

So it’s not about one single example, it’s about what happens when you allow it and it gets exploited. You have to take into account how something like that can be abused once allowed and not just focus on one seemingly innocent tiny cherry picked example.

So just because you could rob a bank, does that make it legal? same thing applies here, just because you can make macro (to make things easier) does not make it legal (banned by EULA/ToS).

1 Key stroke (or combination of Ctrl, Alt, Shift + key) may only perform a single action in the game. There are plenty of shortcuts to make life (playing EVE) easier.

Any extra buttons your keyboard and/or mouse has can be used for keybindings like any of the regular keys can.

1 Like

Just use a bot run it while u at work on say 3-5 accounts never RMT the isk when u at home close the bots go pew easy p easy.
PROBLEM?

1 Like

Exactly. Botting - it’s what all the cool kids are doing…

We are talking about a video game, not committing a crime. Using a macro is not a crime, it’s breaking the rules of the EULA. If you can’t tell the difference, maybe it’s time to go outside and get some fresh air.

ask a GM for the actual answer

I know the differences between the two, my point was the ideas behind the actions are one in the same; like RL laws limits what you can and cannot do (IRL), so does the EULA/ToS limit what you can and cannot do within the game.

1 Like

OK. the opposite example. I can afford to buy a car and go to work for her. and John can not buy a car. by your logic I have to go to work on foot. 37 km on foot, just because john lives in 100m and does not need a car
It’s your logic?)

the car can not go to work. some thugs on cars robbed banks, we will ban cars!

The answers are all over the place after doing some googling. The part that still confuses me is in bold: “You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.”

To me, that is saying a micro is only disallowed if it allows you to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at a faster rate. Creating a micro key that presses F1-F4 does not do any of that. If ALL rapid keystroke micros are banned, then why not end the sentence there?

this does accelerate your response time, from having to push 4 buttons (sure they can be pushed fairly fast) down to just 1 button (you’d only need 1/4 th of the time).

Because Macros does not account for physical devices build to do the same thing, like gluing a stick across the keyboard to press multiple keys with 1 press of your finger.

1 Like

film V for Vendetta
11:00 timecode
good film)

• Gentelmen, you have had four hours. You had better have resilts. Mr. Creedy.
  • The Bailey area is quarantined. All significant witnesses have been detained
  • Good. Mr. Etheridge?
  • A recording device was found wired into the central emergency-broadcast system. The DCD was Tchaikovsky’s 1 81 2 Overture.
  • Add it to the blacklist. i never want to hear it music that again.

Do not you think that there is something similar in this?
I will retire from this conversation. Don Quixote and windmills

this does accelerate your response time, from having to push 4 buttons (sure they can be pushed fairly fast) down to just 1 button (you’d only need 1/4 th of the time).

Wrong. I tested it last night was able to activate my F1-F4 keys on the same server tick by putting my pinky on F1, ring on F2, middle on F3 & index on F4 and then pushing them together. Whether I do it that way or with the macro, all four can be activated on the same tick.

Because Macros does not account for physical devices build to do the same thing, like gluing a stick across the keyboard to press multiple keys with 1 press of your finger.

I still fail to see where binding F1-F4 to a single key allows the acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate.

1 Like

for sure it creates a grey area, that said I don’t have a fancy keyboard/mouse so I don’t really keep up with what you can do in that grey area.

That said I’ve found a GM post that says a macro to press multiple buttons is allowable, although it’s old enough I’m not going to say it represents CCP’s current stance, but the more current posts I’m finding are even less clear, most of them just reference the EULA or ToS.

https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1291641&page=10#274

G15 “macros” which allow you to group different commands into one keypress are allowed. For example, > setting your G1 key to press F1, F2, F3 and so on for you with one key press is allowed (although this specific command is not as useful as it was before now that we have weapon grouping).

An exceedingly complex G15 macro which would effectively automate gameplay, such as mining, without a need for the player to be present at his keyboard would be against the EULA, regardless of whether the player utilizing said macro is sitting at his keyboard at the time!