Venture Upgrade for Alphas

That’s about when I started. And I remember fondly when I upgraded from a burst to a scythe for mining.

But it was also much easier to earn a plex back then. I remember shortly after the mining barges got released I could earn a plex in 4 or 5 days just mining omber in a .5 system.

But the massive flood of minerals coupled with inflation and increasing plex prices has made that virtually impossible now.

Omega is discounted at the moment, its really not that big of a deal.

Wait. So you remember when barges were released but started playing around 08?

Your right. Apparently barges where already a thing. (A decade blurs things) I remember the mining boosts on the frigates and cruisers. For some reason I thought those went away when barges got released but I guess not.

If the new SoCT (Society of Conscious Thought) Battleship follows the same idea as Gnosis and Sunesis with a larger than avarge Cargo Bay it may become the best Alpha Mining Ship in the game. Are slot layout and boni known yet?

1 Like

Bingo!!!

“If the new SoCT (Society of Conscious Thought) Battleship follows the same idea as Gnosis and Sunesis with a larger than avarge Cargo Bay it may become the best Alpha Mining Ship in the game.”

Spoiler: It did follow Gnosis pattern same as Sunesis did.

Alpha’s, wish granted! Say hello to your new best miner the “Praxis”. Omega and get one for free or go buy one on market, your option.

With a 7-7-7 Slot layout, 1250m3 base cargo, and 5 mining drones you can outmine a Venture and give a Proc a run for its money.

Take the win, go forth, mine, earn your PLEX, go Omega, start PI with its new features and multiply your income.

Fly free as Omega [No cash out of pocket]

Alphas can’t use mining drones, so this abomination will be the same as using a Rokh to mine with, which alphas currently can use but refuse to…

3 Likes

Not being an Alpha nor having one, I missed that little nugget. I wouldn’t have thought CCP would begrudge the alphas having T1 Mining drones.

Praxis still comes out on top with a 50% Bonus to Drone damage and HPs the Rokh does not have.

Thx for the info, now I know.

Praxis only gets 6 lasers. Cargo is better but will have to see if fitting allows it to beat existing BS options.

EDIT: CPU is low on the praxis. With a full rack of miner II and 3 x MLU II, I still needed to fit several CPU upgrades…and still got better m3/s out of the Rokh.

PYFA has the praxis in its latest update

1 Like

Used to mine in an armageddon back when it had guns and was cool unlike the pile of crap it is now.

Is the Praxis out on the test server only and getting gifted to Omegas in May?

Hi, Industrialist here with literally 10 years experiences mining and manufacturing.

It’s a great idea that CCP limits the mining capacity of alpha accounts because honestly mining is such a monotonous thing to do that only so few people enjoy even as a group activity and even far fewer enjoy as solo. It’s not something the masses enjoy doing anyways. Most want to get in on the action of non-consensual PvP in low-sec or running Incursions as a group or getting in on those epic fleet battles. For most players who want to make pure ISK as an alpha, mining is low on the priority list especially when you have far greater options with combat ships than with mining ships.

But if you seriously want to consider mining as you primary profession, it will definitely be in your best interest to find a group of players who can help you get started fairly quickly. The only reason I am able mine effectively as an independent miner was because I first made contact with player-run corporations who needed more miners to meet their industrial goals.

You can upgrade your venture into a gas ninja venture and make dozens of millions of ISKs each trip / load and can do so as an Alpha. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.