Version 18.10 - General Feedback

this patch is just a stupid joke.
just about anything with it, is a failure.
I open every menu and screen with irritation, that’s a great accomplishment CCP.
Systematically destroying existing UI is some feat.

4 Likes

Ore Anomalies are still appearing in the Agency Tab. However, when you warp to the system the information changes to “0 Belts in system”

1 Like

Trig ships still in kspace, loads in Litiura for example… working as intended?

2 Likes

What have you done with the font? Now everything looks a little crooked (
this is especially noticeable if you change the scale of the interface by 125%
:nauseated_face:

p.s. Return the normal font to the game.

5 Likes

The hotfix to resolve the issue with game client not starting properly has been deployed and should resolve the problem for anyone that was having problems with that since downtime today.

3 Likes

There’s a separate thread for those of us that don’t like the new font, where I discuss some of the technical aspects of why the new font doesn’t look all that great (I’m glad some people like it though): New font settings are horrible

6 Likes

Don’t you think that people deserve to know about your FONT POLICY atm? Will old fonts (and resizing context menu size) be returned?

5 Likes

Fix the dam font it is unplayable for anyone with some kind of eye disability

10 Likes

Could we get hotfix to remove that new font pls? It is BLURRY on my screen. Just add it in the settings as an option.

8 Likes

Well done on the front if I see that for more then two minutes I get a headache,nice jobs looks like I have to find a new game.

6 Likes

well Hotfix worked …but the fonts… on 32" screen its ok but for real test that stuff on normal settings its like other changes before… might look good on a BIG screen or even beamer on a wall in office… but on a 24/26" screen its a diffrent story… cannot not realy make changes that only work if every player is forced to buy a monitor wall to play ^^

1 Like

I’m getting some pretty long freezes every now and then.
The game just completely halts. Not just when I undock or jump into a new system.
Then it too halts, apparently loading in new assets etc.

Also … are those new stars in the nebulae?

2 Likes

Half of the messages in this thread have labels like:

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Nozur Anninen — their last post was 4 months ago.
This is the first time Graf von Ortho has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

What does it say to you CCP? Has patch (and font apocalypse) been successful when even people who never (or rarely) visit forum came here to say you about their love of new fonts?

3 Likes

If my GF will ever cheat on me I’ll hire CCP to screw her up the same way they did Eve.

8 Likes

Edencom forces still in systems too, but the triangle on the route to indicate those are invasion systems has gone, and there is no warning when you enter those systems.

Still makes the restricted travel we had even worse as we dont know if we are going to be jumping into a system where there may be NPC hostiles that kill yur ship on the other side… Is this being addressed?

3 Likes

Can you guys ■■■■ off with this RP ■■■■■■■■. Isnt this a sandbox. I WANT MY SANDBOX BACK. Why are we forced to play into this RP crap

1 Like

New player here.

I can’t say much about the ore changes and how this affects gameplay, but I don’t like that ore anomalies are removed in highsec because they allowed new players to get some access to more rare ore and some bigger asteroids. On top of that, they let me train probing. I don’t know the full impact of removed ore anomalies in WHs, but if the asteroid belts remain I think that’s a fair compromise.

Although confusing at first, I like the idea that big changes have some ingame lore and are introduced without much details from CCP and that players have to figure out what’s happening. This gives some more dynamic to the game and I don’t think that the salt is fully justified. I especially like the fact that the trig space is unknown territory and that players have to explore it. Other games (e.g. WoW classic) have suffered a lot over time where detailed knowledge about mechanics were slowly discovered and a meta game was played where 99% of the content was ignored and only the “best” content was chased after. While the nature of Eve makes such an unbalanced meta game less possible, it’s still nice that players have something unknown to discover and explore. What I don’t like is how the gate shutdowns affects the game at the moment. Not everyone can spent multiple hours ingame, and when you only have an hour or two to play and the route increases from 20 to 40 jumps, then most time is mindless jumping rather than enjoying “real” content (sorry haulers). However, I think that periodic gate shutdowns (less gates at the same time than now) can be an interesting game mechanic. This can be coupled with the “chat not working” (and market outside of the system) as the gates are required to transmit the signals.

I like the new font rendering as it’s on my machine (linux with wine though) better to read, and fundamental changes on the game engine are always nice to see. If you moved away from bitmap fonts to vector fonts then this is a nice achievement.

As for the bounty and killright system, one option would be to relax the consistency and switch to an eventual consistency for large battles. This can be achieved by dropping incoming requests on the server side if there’s a large load so that the client uses an exponential backoff to fetch again. This removes server load and frees up client connections. But if the client requests are done in an asynchronous way, then this option won’t really matter. Another option is to change the direction of requests and try out a push model (like a subscriber to a queue). This means that the client updates the bounties when a new update arrives instead of pulling and waiting for a response. But it looks like you’re not even sure if client lags come from this component, so I’m eager to see the direction this issue takes.

It’s also nice to see that you already rolled out a hotfix and are actively working on game breaking bugs.

2 Likes

The font is awesome, I like it!
Sorry to hear about the issues with login and gates.
No-GPU feature is awesome, although I would ask CCP to check the use of it (to be sure no users are violating EULA in regards of automation of ratting process) (if you know what I mean)
The limilality is good, slicing the cluster and reducing the number of connections avaliable.
Overall, I like the update and hope these login and gate issues will be resolved.

1 Like

but they really need to give the simple option to return to old font

does anyone know if you can actually change the font maybe tinkering with some .ini or game files?
cuz this really causes eye strain for me.

4 Likes

font

19 Likes