NEW FONT

Can we please get old font back please.
This new one even if I set it to small it still looks very ugly and unreadable.

31 Likes

The font has a poor readability.
Main issue is the spacing and weight. Everything stick together in a same shape.

Iā€™m a graphic designer and when I login todayā€¦

My eyes hurts :rofl:

11 Likes

my eyes too.

2 Likes

Cool font CCP, I really love it. Donā€™t listen to them, they will always whine.

7 Likes

Itā€™s cool but need improvement.

You call feedback whine?
I donā€™t get it. As if he is not a equal player as you.

You can say you like it but donā€˜t despite others opinion.

2 Likes

Press Escape, General Settings, Set ā€œFont Sizeā€ at the top left in the windows to ā€œSmallā€ and restart the client.

The font impression will be half way to the old font and a little bit better to read than the old one.

At least for me. Your milage may vary.

1 Like

ITS AWFUL! My eyes are bleeding out! Here is blood everywhere! This font is chipping off my soul. The horror, oh my God THE HORROR! Almighty creator save us from this atrocity! This is the stuff from nightmares!

4 Likes

I already did that in my original post

I think its far easier to read.

AFAIK theres a toggle in options though?

4 Likes

New fonts are not good and font size not really helps, as they become better at one part of interface they barely readable at other.

3 Likes

The new font on 90% is definitely an improvement over 100%, but I do miss the crispness of the original. I suspect the new font would look amazing on high-density screens (e.g. ~4K laptops), but I (and probably many others who dislike the new font) donā€™t have one of those.

3 Likes

Same here.
Itā€™s not sharp at all.

5 Likes

Please give us the option for the old font back. The new font is horrible as its too big/wide even on ā€˜smallā€™ and not sharp at all and just looks out of place. My eyes are struggling to focus on the wordsā€¦ Itā€™s another Red Dot change that no one asked for.

4 Likes

As noted above, the font is most likely for 4k monitors.
I have a standard resolution size of 1920 x 1080.
After a couple of minutes of playing with this font, I will experience discomfort in my eyes.
The font in yellow is merged, in English it is merged.
To clean the text, you have to strain your eyes more, but for me and other players, there is enough stress on the eyes. It is easier to leave the game until better times than to spoil your eyesight even more.
thanks

4 Likes

Likely.

I have an iMac with the 27" 5K display.

I support the request for a selectable font. Allow uses to choose.

Readability is of utmost importance

4 Likes

I dunno why, but my old eyes are finding the new font easier to read. Running 24in monitors at 1080p

1 Like

How it looks? anyone have a screenshot to compare? Now at work, cant see it.

If the edges are not crisp, its a failfont.

1 Like

Too thick.

2 Likes

Yea i agree it isnā€™t the best but for some reason i find it slightly easier to read, at least for me.

1 Like