Version 18.12 - Known Issues

It’s also a huge headache to anyone participating in group PVE activities such as Sansha Incursioning, Trig/Pochven content, FOB bashing, and just fleeting up to do L4 or L5 missions and such for fun more than profit usually.

CCP, please just figure out some way for drone bunnies to still work. If you kill off drone bunnying… you’re really doing a disservice to the group PVE community, which has already been somewhat falling apart. The single key press to launch drones made getting drones out and assigned to the bunny a bit easier (though an easier way to keep reassigning to the same bunny would have been nice either as an FC option to set a default assist target or on the individual player’s side to say “reassign to last target”)… but this? this is 2 steps back after that 1 step forward.

I saw a reddit thread in the past couple of days in which a dude who triple boxes Ishtars (hey! I resemble that! ;D) and has 2 of them slaved to the 1 master (who has a TP and the other 2 have their drones assisted to him)… was called an AFKer because he was only actively playing on 1 of his 3 toons constantly. Dude replying to him literally said “your other 2 toons are AFK”… um… last time I checked players are either AFK or at the keyboard. Toons… don’t have keyboards. O_o Also: nevermind that he has to rep and move around and warp and drones out and assign and etc etc with the other 2 ishtars.

Personally I go with 3 lovetars (4 armor RR in the highs on all 3), no TPs, so I manually do the drones on all 3 when I fly those… but I use a similar setup with my triple Rattlesnakes, which I’ve barely used for years but did want to bring out again as I trained all 3 toons to tech 2 Cruise/Torps in the past couple years… hmmm… TP/direct fire missiles (furies now!) on the master. assigned geckos/heavies/sentries and FOF cruise missiles on the slaves. Rip that thought for the time being!

That’s about the long and short of it, except that assist didn’t just work with damage-based attacks but also webs, target painters, ewar of various types…

but yes, if they’re basically saying assist is now guard… what’s the point of having a separate assist and guard submenu selection.

No offense to the PVPers who will continue to enjoy aggressive drones, but I think it might have overall been better if CCP had just removed the aggressive option and made all drones passive. If that wouldn’t have broken assisting, that is.

Little history lesson for those who don’t know: Drone assisting used to be able to be done for all 255 peops in fleet. Thanks to giant fleets of archons (back when they were the best logi/drone carrier combo) and maybe also fairly large ishtar swarms in PVP as well back in the day… it’s been limited to just 10 (50 drones) per drone bunny for years now. That was enough for CCP for a long while… too bad it apparently still isn’t.

1 Like

Wake up, Samurai, they are reverting the assist change.

Personally what pisses me off the most, is not the changes themselves. Ratting didn’t exist for me until they revert MESS anyway, so it’s not like I personally cared that much. Bot buffing was one side of it, but the most disturbing was the manner those changes are shoved on me.

This literally shows CCP learned nothing from blackout, because that mistake is a repeat - no time was given to discuss and adapt to it. Just like blackout, with less than a week before announce and effect. In blackout, I’d be tons less salty, if I was allowed to calmly pull down all my structures and weather the stupidstorm in hisec. But no, it’s like I’m the prey to be trapped. What were you even afraid of, CCP? That I would run and not login if you let me evac? GUESS WHAT I DID ANYWAY.

This was the same. Of course, assist is a more bothersome option than drone aggro. Just like “we’ll just go ratting” response when you removed mining, that was “we’ll go assist” when you removed aggro. But I guess there’s no fun allowed anymore, because you removed ratting just as well, and you tried to remove assist with zero regards to consequences anyone with half a brain could predict.

Save yourself the rollbacks and discuss it first next time. Preferably for a month in advance.

3 Likes

Good! I didn’t see anything about that on reddit the past couple days or on the forums today, so YER BREAKING NEWS to me.

But anyway, the aggressive removal is bad enough with that additional insult to injury, so glad it’s a bug.

Then again, the bug of being able to create jump clones and set med clones willy nilly from like 5 years ago that CCP said was cool and good and glad the players liked back then… has now been partially reverted, so… never can be too careful!

grafik
Very intriguing.

1 Like

Do you have a source Orca? I haven’t heard anything, they haven’t added it to the list of known issues, and Lord Sarevok said his bug report on the issue was closed with a reference to the patchnotes. So, is this confirmed, or just speculation?

2 Likes

Removed a bunch of off topic posts. Keep it civil. Thank you.

1 Like

I mean, t3cs have been nerfed to a point where they are barely better then hacs, I don’t see much justification to keeping the sp loss anymore, considering T3Cs are beaten in almost all categories for most roles, most players will opt for specialized roles/ships over having one cruiser that can theoretically do all those jobs but weaker at it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t either but I just was reading the Ancient Gaming Noob post about this week’s update and the most recent comment (from Wilhelm Arcturus) linked to/mentioned Paradox’s update… it was posted earlier today, the 10th, so it’s not like you and me were missing the info for 24-48 hours or something, at least. ;D

So between Orca here and AGN/Wilhelm Arcturus/Paradox (what a chain of communication) I woulda found out either way today, turns out. Whew.

2 Likes

Last years ones, it seems.

he ones thqat can be gained form the event sites either through mining fighting or exploring.

By the way, how guard is going to work after rollback? Also the same?

Per the patch notes, it is a complete roll back today of the 12/8 changes to drone behavior. That means drone behavior now is exactly as it was before the 12/8 patch.

Was suggested I reply here about an issue I’m seeing with the Yoiul Festival YC122 daily challenges (not the Chilling Spree one):

They did not reset for me last night (not 100% sure if they are supposed to).
I wanted to do the ice mining challenge again today, and I still have a “hit NPCs with snowballs 3x” in that slot after finishing the “ice mining” challenge yesterday…

2 Likes

grafik

Good UI design right there.

God, this triglavian crap is a mess. I just left Perimeter where I saw a few triglavians on the gate which were white neutral to me. Which is weird because my corp has -3 standing to these shits. Then, a few jumps later I suddenly saw a huge trig fleet in a system on my ingate which are red hostile.

What is it now? Am I white neutral or am I red hostile? Make up your minds with this garbage or get rid of this crap!

PC Corp standings should have zero impact on NPC Corp aggression, for what it’s worth.

Have you looked at which specific Trig Clades (corps) the two different groups are from? I am wondering if players are seeing inconsistencies because the various Trig groups they encounter belong to different Clades and the individual Clades are lacking standings (I would not be surprised if CCP broke Faction-level standings for Trigs when they added the Clades as corporation entities under the Faction) thus defaulting some to red while those with which you have standings are white.

It definitely has. The char that experienced the above has never shot trigs, but a guy in my corp shot them to pieces during the invasion phase. His standing carries over to corp standings.

I have not. I was not even aware that the different clades could potentially make a difference if you have negative standings. I go back to these systems and see what’s what.

Corp standings only apply to Faction Warfare eligibility for a corp seeking to become a FW corp - they are not intended to have any impact on players who belong to a corp with regards to aggression behaviors as those are 100% tied to individual player activity.

With regard to the Clades: I am not entirely sure how CCP implemented their standing mechanics, other than they clearly separated the Clades into discrete corps for purposes of managing gate and station accesses in Pochven. I would not be surprised if there are downstream impacts that were either unexpected or absolutely intended but not advertised to force players to learn as they go.

100% not with regards to trigs. :slight_smile: No standings for trig or edencom exist for my char in question:

The corp standings are an entirely different matter: