Version 19.01 - Known Issues

Creation of new portraits has been bugged as of last week (6 days ago).

I also know at what part the creation goes wrong (final enhancement step is not happening, portrait reverts).

No idea if CCP is aware, it doesn’t look like it. Neither my bug report, nor this thread, nor another thread in the Issues subforum has seen CCP response on this topic yet. Okay, to be fair my bug report got a standard response fix that didn’t work.

3 Likes

grafik

#CCPQualityUI - Funnily enough only in the Mailing List member list. The same counter in the Mail window is fine-ish. :facepalm:

1 Like

But thats the thing, the probes “are” where you ship is and not where they are being shown on the scanner window.

If you launch them, they appear at their previous location. If you press scan, they still need to warp and travel to their ‘last location’. Basically, it’s a UI bug

Except when its a feature for things like rapid combat probing of targets without leaving the probes in space

One mans bug is another mans feature, hence why its never been changed

I did a petition or support for it a few days ago and they said it was a known issue. that was supposed to be fixed in the next patch. Seems it was not.

1 Like

Thanks for this Jukio

1 Like

yeah tried the above solution and it doesnt work still

That could mean they don’t care about it or they aren’t confused about it, tho. Probably a bit of both…

In any event, they can’t make decisions based only on what gets asked about the most (but if they did, they’d certainly change the tutorial to explain to newbs how to move all their ships from one station to the next as the main question I see in newbie NPC corp channels is about that).

Cue vets telling them to either use their free indy from the career agent missions or do the ol’ fly the ship there, hop out into your pod (most newbs don’t seem to grasp you can do that at first), fly back, fly the next ship, etc. etc. Should really be covered by the tutorial / NPE, in any event.

Instead they’re making decisions based on a number of people starting the character creation and never finishing it. I mean, doing a good job on it does take about 30 mins. But… people also love the EVE character creator (even people who don’t want to play the game). It’s pretty legendary in MMO spaces online from what I’ve seen compared to the game itself. Fantasy MMO peops wish their game had our character creator, things like that.

3 Likes

I was flying around just as described above 9d ago a day or two ago (after my power came back up here in TX… eeesh… ice storm to end all ice storms for us here)…

So this is AFTER Version 19.01 launched last week Tuesday. Now talking about this week Tuesday, 7 days later, yep.

And… lo and behold… same thing. One of my 3 toons has the in-gate selected instead of the out-gate. The other two have the yellow out-gate selected.

Problem was NOT fixed on patch day.

1 Like

Manual selection always.

Tripleboxing on one monitor usually, so alt-tabbing between clients and/or using EVE-O Preview to select clients. So only 1 of the 3 clients are on top at any one time. That’s an interesting thought that perhaps not being the active client is what’s causing the lack of yellow gate selection when loading into a new system… I can’t say I’ve noticed it corresponding to which toon was on top (or rather wasn’t on top), but I’ll be on the lookout for that now. It did happen at least once yesterday, just on one of the 3 toons, so it didn’t happen to both toons that weren’t on top of the window stack.

All clients window mode, 1920x1058, 100% UI scaling. Win 7.

We can no longer redeem SP in space? from the queue? hm.

I was just applying some free SP in space on Sunday night, but I don’t believe I redeemed any in space in the past few weeks, only in stations. I’ll have to try that. I’ve been injecting combat boosters from the free daily rewards in space for weeks now with no issue, however.

I THOUGHT I noticed something funky about MTUs in the past few days. Launching my MTU while doing GG event combat sites and it’s further away than usual from the ship that launched it.

I use Cranes and Viators and I also use Occators. I used to AB (7.5 secs, so really 8 second) warp the Occators but I’ve since learned the MWD+cloak trick in prep for future use in LS and NS and have now been using it with my DSTs on all 3 mains.

These are very different cargo haulers, with or without the trick. The MWD+cloak trick does not make the blockade runner and its covops cloak any more redundant than putting a non-covops cloak on a travel ceptor with scan probes and hacking modules makes a cov ops frigate redundant.

Only in WH space, I thought? Funnily enough, the one place where there AREN’T gates. inb4 “where we’re going we don’t need roads” BTTF reference…

1 Like

To be clear - you can still drag and drop SP onto an undocked character during the log-in / character selection phase of launching the client. The problem is that, once you have actually logged in as a character, you can no longer redeem anything from the Neocom menu if you are not in a station. So not only can you no longer redeem the free boosters, which they only started allowing you to do undocked a couple of months ago, you can no longer even redeem SP, which was never a problem. The issue is probably centred on the introduction of the new (was it asked for) option of redeeming items to your home station - in best programming style, CCP would seem to have introduced a new feature and broken an old one in the process.

@CCP_Dopamine / @CCP_Nocturne - it would be nice to have some acknowledgement that this is either a mistake or an undocumented Working As Designed issue. Ditto for the MTUs suddenly launching themselves 1.2 km from the ship.

1 Like

Ah. Well, like I said, I just redeemed a free combat booster in space the other day. couldn’t have been longer ago than the weekend.

Maybe a patch on Monday or Tuesday screwed things up.

• The next Stargate on a Route in the Info Panel may not always be selected.

doesnt work despite yesterdays patch, it still loses focus and leads to miss the next jump…

1 Like

Ok, but that is another issue, also it was happening before, so I think it is unrelated, because they were able to fix stargates but not station.

Well, cant get all the good stuff at the same time it seems.

so yall fixed the alt tabbing out of the client during the jump tunnel instead on all clients i keep crashing if i tab out before the animation starts. So i guess thats a plus to making me watch the seizure inducing animation.

I cared about it, I thought it was fascinating and while I didn’t fully understand all of it having not yet dug into the lore as far as I have now, it was one of the things that got me going in terms of wanting to learn more about New Eden and its history.

I spent a good deal more than that, in fact I explored the entire creation tool, but not counting just seeing what the differences were it took me about an hour.
I have alts because of the racial stuff, and I’ve spent as much or more time making them than I did on my first now that I understand the history a bit better, though now that they have abandoned what I see as something important I may be doing that a bit less. If at all. I have five paid accounts mainly due to being interested in lore and because making stuff in the character creator is surprisingly fun… Not the most logical reason I suppose, but its a big part of why there are so many of me lately.

I want that stuff back. and sooner rather than never.

3 Likes

Sound is still broken … I cleared all cache files (in game) and verified cache folder integrity (in launcher) - no errors found and the problem is still there. I filed a bug report, we’ll see what happens.

Launcher has been broken since you hotfixed the cap jumping issue

been broken 3 days now.

They haven’t fixed the stargate thing, tho. at least, not as of Tuesday, when it last happened to me.

For sure. If it sounded like I didn’t care about that stuff, I was just trying to put my mind into the mind of a newbie who doesn’t. And try to explain what CCP mighta been thinking. But it seems they aren’t trying to strip it out of the game, just… not let it “get in the way” of the new toons getting into space faster. But the only fast way to do that is to reduce the complexity of the actual face/body/clothes builder aspect, so… hmph.