Version 19.02 - Known Issues

That was how it worked initially, but now the SP from the Grand Prix login campaign, for example, come up with a warning that they will be sent to your home station instead when you try dragging them over the character at the login screen. Maybe, if I ignored that, they would be sent to the character regardless, but I have not been prepared to risk that, and I am sorry, @CCP_Dopamine , that is still an epic fail on UI, expecting people to know that the system is lying to them and ignore the warning…

EDIT to add: and the usual excuses of legacy coding do not apply here, as this is a new change.

What is lying? The reedem window exactly says what will happen. The character-bound items will be directly put in your head, the rest is redeemed either to the station you are in or to your home station based on the button you press.

BTW, the home station redeem from everywhere is the best QoL change in a long time.

Well, after running with atmospherics at zero now I run into another phenomenon: now it’s other sounds that start sticking. Feels like the number of sounds that need to be subtracted according to session changes (warps, docks, jumps etc) somehow piles up, or more accurately, it skips an instruction. Currently docked with new persistent sounds belonging to “Ship Sounds”.

3 Likes

Surprised no-one mentioned this yet, but the volume levels on the character creation screen are messed up. You can barely hear the themes for the four empires

This isn’t true. For items that redeem directly to your character like sp, skins, and drugs, the game says that it will redeem to station but actually applies them to your character in space like expected. The items that can’t be redeemed in space like crates, filaments, etc still redeem to the station. So the bug isn’t in the behavior of the system but in the semi-confusing message that pops up telling you what is going to happen.

1 Like

Can confirm, to get rid of them I have now both “Atmosphere” and “Ship Effects” levels turned down to 0 in the “Advanced Sound Setting”.

1 Like

I have done that and when I dock the atmosphere sounds come back on.
I turn sound off and on again to get it to stop only for it to do it again if I dock back up. Very annoying.

The game search for “Stasis Web” does not yield Charges results even though there is a “Stasis Webification Probe”.

2 Likes

I finally risked it, and yes, it worked as you said.

However, that is no excuse for shoddy messages which do not tell you accurately what will happen. It is not semi confusing - it is downright misleading. As I say, this is a new feature. If anyone actually spent more than a minute considering what they were coding, it could easily be rectified. It needs rectification, and that could and should be done now, not left to fester ignored now for god knows how long. Just because you and @Tipa_Riot (or indeed me once I decided to take the risk and ignore the messages) could work it out does not make my complaint invalid; it is shoddy and inexcusable, full stop.

Yeah, turning down Atmo helps but doesn’t solve it … had other sounds piling up yesterday too. @CCP_Dopamine are you guys working on that?

1 Like

soundofgates

4 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine I noticed a bug that is happening after release 19.02. I fly Astero and when I try to align to the wormhole, ship turns around in some weird wrong direction and goes full speed indefinitely or until I warp away. I also noticed this once in Limited Sleeper Cache site. When try to align to data can to approach it, ship turns in some random direction and goes full speed.
But after I restart the game and try to align to the same WH for example, than it works. I hope you can catch and fix this.

Thx

There’s GPU memory leak issue at least on my RX 580 8gb … what happens is steadily the gpu memory consumption rises all the way up to 7,9gb or so then utilisation goes to around 30% and i get 20-30 fps. Single client. Have to restart to reset things to normal. It’s annoying as hell.

Brilliant :smiley:

Yes hello I would like to report an issue.

The patch seems to lack meaningful content.
I assume the update gets rolled out incomplete

2 Likes

Interesting behaviour. I have RX580 8GB and play on 1440p resolution with maxed out settings. My GPU uses around 1,5GB of GPU RAM only and I get 90-110 FPS on average while exploring in my Astero. In new heavy crowded environments like new Jita station I get 50-60 FPS.

Do you have latest GPU driver installed?

Happens to me. I tried to approve a beacon in space to and the ship turned a tiny bit towards it then decided na went full speed away from it and kept running in that direction. I attempted the approach and orbit multiple times same problem. Had to take a the warp bridge and orbit that instead.

1 Like

hi there.

i have a sound issue since a week or so.
there is a kind of “humming sound”, a constant static deep humming.
it is getting louder over time and if i turn sound in EVE off and back on its gone.

but it comes back after some time.

I also had this issue. It was quite annoying. Enabling and disabling the audio seemed to solve it for 15 minutes. However, now there is no sound entirely.

CCPleeeease !.. Can you hear us ? Say something (see footnote) ! About those noises… Please, aaaaaaarrrrgh !..

tenor (51)

Footnote: a timeline for a fix ?

P.S.: if you think this post is ridiculous, so is the situation.

2 Likes