Version 19.08 - General Feedback

Also: Thank you CCP for hotfixing something and telling us that files could not be copied to the folder because of running clients. It’s not ideal but at least we get a notification about an unsuccessful hotfix now. Please improve and keep doing that. :slight_smile:

Added Bonus: Could we please get the Refresh option back to make the launcher download something WITHOUT having to close and reopen the launcher?

3 Likes

The UI design is awful. There is so much wasted space.

• The skills screen looks like it was designed to be touch screen friendly in a game that you can’t realistically play with a touch screen.
  • There is a huge gap between the skills and the skill queue
  • There is no way to make the list more compact, why does there need to be so much padding around all the text
  • If it’s not full screen you can see maybe 8 skills at one time and have to scroll through huge lists
  • The character window is terrible, I don’t need a full height view of my character every time I need to use this window. Let me turn it off like before because it’s not useful at all and nobody I know ever had that stupid banner enabled at the top anyway.

I was reading the feedback on the DT announcement yesterday and it all echos the same things over and over about this absolutely awful UI design as well as pointing out similar feedback on the sisi threads and yet you still go ahead with it.

Get a grip CCP, this is not a good QOL change, it’s awful

EDIT: Turns out you have to add a skill to your queue too to find out how long it takes to train? WTF seriously, let me hover over a skill for information.

37 Likes

I completely agree with that, keep the information clear and simple.

However, I just want to be able to turn a setting on somewhere so I can find the information I’m looking for, without giving newbies too much information all at once. Let me see how much time a skill would add to my skillqueue before I add it, please.

8 Likes

Factional Warfare plexes Bugged! not changing contested or getting LP

1 Like

Oh my word. Nice wasting of space with stuff. I appreciate the fact that even floating, the skills screen takes up a huge amount of real estate. Just looking at the skills screen makes my eyes hurt. Why is the display graphics and writing so big? Is this for use on giant panoramic screens or something?

A question…why does the profile screen allow me to minimise the details, instead of a picture of the character?

What on earth were you thinking? If this was ‘easier’ to read, I’d hate to see what ‘complicated’ looked like.

8 Likes

More settings?! Are you out of your mind?! Think of the poor newbies! They’d be overwhelmed again with too many settings to adjust and play with. :exploding_head:

Seriously speaking, though. The new UI is so wasteful with space. There is tons of space in the skill list to put that information under the skill names where it’s easily accessible, readable and understandable. I don’t understand why CCP would remove information that is essential and helpful to understand the game from new players and more experienced players alike. It would even be acceptable to have an even more spacious display of the skill cells if they added these important information bits to the skills. You are now forced to use EVE Mon.

3 Likes

I look forward to being appalled

4 Likes

Based on the feedback so far I can already say that the deployment of the new skill training window went exactly as expected.

:facepalm: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

12 Likes

Oh. Escape closes the skills interface - but closes literally NO other interface within the game that I’m aware of (other than bringing up the options including quit).

2 Likes

No! Don’t listen to us crybabies and change-haters! We are just bitter vets who refuse to adapt. See for yourself and experience for yourself before you judge this outstanding new feature.

2 Likes

Please consider adding a 1 month expiration on the 1,000,000 skill points package from using a refer a friend link. Without the 24hr restriction, skill farming on alphas is going to be very easy.

Right now i can make a new alpha and queue up 5mil sp, plug in +3 implants, wait a few months, inject the free SP to get to 6 mil, PLEX, wait 1 month while omega training, extract down to 5mil, and make approx 600mil per account profit.

then just repeat that for hundreds of accounts.

This sort of thing will be unhealthy for the plex and skill injector economy.

3 Likes

Being a bitter vet doesn’t mean I don’t have some idea of what’s good UI design and what isn’t.

And this very much isn’t good UI design. It’s like someone applied modern UX design principles somewhere that they’re simply not required or even useful. There’s no need for an adaptive design here. I don’t need to manipulate the elements with my thumb whilst I play one-handed.

Oh, and they broke the Eve Portal app too apparently. I got a warning on my phone today that changing skill queues won’t work in the portal app - so it’s not just the UI they changed…

4 Likes

Dont you need to do it with Omega skills?

Yes but the extra 1m skillpoints make the difference

Its a huge UI BIATCH now
Hope you are amazed ccp

2 Likes

This went in unchanged as well. Why do I have to click on another button to open the skill list of a Skill Plan after I clicked on the Skill Plan to see the plan?

Why are skills not even in the Skill Plan queue fully visible? How is a newbie supposed to read read skills properly if they don’t see the full names of skills?

Didn’t you want to make the skill learning easier and easier to understand? Instead, you made it harder to grasp because the UI hides so much information.

13 Likes

sort of, you cannot extract alpha skills while alpha, thats why yolu plex 1 month after you hit 6 mil sp.

you eat a small loss skill farming for 1 month suboptimally, but make it up and much more with the 1,000,000 of free SP above 5mil you cheesed

Why do we have 2 buttons that link to the skill page?

Screenshot of my top left (I added the numbers):

afbeelding

In the screenshot it seems we’ve been given 2 new buttons.
Already existed - 1: neocom menu, 2: Character sheet, 4: chat etc.
New - 3: skill sheet
New - 3b: also skill sheet

Why do we have two buttons for the same thing? Can I remove one?

12 Likes

What a nice icon design!

4 Likes

I know right!

2 Likes