Is it just me or are the logs less useful than they used to be? I could have sworn that when salvaging, it used to tell me if there was materials or not from the logs, but now they don’t. I could have sworn it told me witch mining module harvested material (my ice harvestor or my drone) but it clearly doesn’t do it. Also now and then when algining to something, the interface will just periodically decide to stop displayign what I’m aligned to and I swear it never did that.
The new expansion has genuinely breathed life into mining. What used to feel repetitive and passive is now engaging and reactive, with real decisions to make moment-to-moment. Improved resource distribution, more interactive mechanics, and clearer feedback through the UI mean less idle waiting and more meaningful choices, turning mining into an active profession rather than an autopilot task—and that’s a huge win for the game.
Well done. Keep it up! ![]()
I don’t see how we can no longer tell what harvested what is better feedback. I could be wrong but I could have sworn it used to mention if my ice harvester or ice drone picked up an ice block.
It still does that.
Rally? All I’m getting is “you mined 1 unit of clear icicle” and not “your ice harvester has mined (whatever)”
How is a skin given in the NPE “limited time” ![]()
You can buy SKINS in the NES and on the Market.
They are not that expensive. 1 PLEX will get you a nice SKIN you can be proud of.
If you can buy it in NES or recieve it from NPE its not a limited time skin?
Can you even trust when CCP says something is rare or “limited time”? They are even conflating the terms. So a rare skin they describe as “Limited time” and a booster that will not be usable after a certain date is also described as “Limited time”.
This really makes the devs look dumb it seems.. Do you know what im saying?
I understand. I have noticed that words don’t mean what they’re supposed to mean in online gaming. I have had to ask the A.I to define for me and this is not just with CCP, other games do the same.
I have stopped wondering and satisfy myself with clicking and trying to figure out how to get isk without getting blown up. Life is too short to bother with such things.
They still have that mining mission? I thought they removed it… If so good riddance. I like the artwork improvements and changes… I always got stuck on random stuff on while orbiting on mining missions such as that one with the Banidine shown in the photo.
I generally like the changes to the Mining Survey Chipsets.. now though I feel it’s 100% needed whereas before it was optional? It took me a while to figure out the right click on the new miner surveyor button opens up the old scan window.
Unrelated to Suki’s comment but I didn’t want to make another post. The rocks changing color on scan feature to either blue or yellow for the value… it’s somewhat useful but I wish that filter was customizable to have the color show what the user wants to see and holds most valuable… with the price being the default setting. It would be cool if there was a way to have the survey filter show the rocks that I am looking for… what may be valuable to one miner may be less valuable to another especially in isolated LS / HS… or in WH space, for example it always show Gneiss as the most valuable but I value Bistot & Arkanor more for my industry needs.
Are you using completely different modules to mine ice? Unless you do, those two sentences are equivalent. You have a certain type of ice harvester fitted on your ship, and you mined ice with it. Did it specify anything different in the past?
I am 99% sure it specified what module it used in the past, at least as of April before I took a break (I was semi active back then, but did more hauling and shooting than mining) Now I can’t really tell if my ice drone is pulling its weight anymore because the logs are now more generic and less helpful. Yeah thanks CCP.
- Of the 4 main factions, there are frigate-class logisticians, followed by cruise, followed by dreadnoughts! Why are there no battleship-class logisticians? Are they really so unnecessary? They are very necessary. If you do not consider the main factions, there is only one armor battleship, the logist Nestor. Is it really that hard to bring battleship-class logistics into the game?
- Why is there a rig that reduces the energy consumption of the armor remote repairer, but there is no rig to reduce the energy consumption of the remote shield booster?!
- Why is the optimal range of the remote shield booster so small compared to the remote armor repairer? Almost 2 times! What is the reason for this difference?
For the optimal range question of the shield repper, it is a balancing factor. Shield reps have the advantage in that they land at the start of the cycle, and so can be used reactively. Where as armor lands at the end, and must be used pre-emptively.
Can you please give us a switch off or volume control on the ore crunching and electro frog every time a mining drone cycles ore, it is annoying and far too loud. And why have the ores become grades and with bad english too. Its Grade then number not as it is now, much better with original varient names.
Sometimes when aligning to something, it will say what I am aligning to and then suddenly just stop saying it. If I warp to something on the overview and it’s not what I am aligned to, it will take much longer. Please have it continue to say what I am aligned to.
Still too cheap!
how many alphas are gonna throw 5.4 mil towards a ship, especially one they can get for free.
I’ve been enjoying the mining update (i.e. Catalyst).
Critical successes break up the monotony and the occasional gold rush gives me the opportunity to experience what it’s like to be a true miscreant. Maybe I’ll even get around to trying out some of the new ships.
The change to asteroid names is clean and efficient. Yet, it’s like a multi-boxer naming their skill-farming alts as Alt_001, Alt_002, Alt_003, and etc. Such non-imaginative steps in the game, if to become a trend, will be cause for concern. They are a step towards blandness.