Version 23.02 - Catalyst - Known Issues

Is this going to be a regular patch thing now?

2 Likes

Sudden disconnect and now the game won’t properly launch? Fabulous. :unamused_face: @CCP_Swift

1 Like

Wow, what a terrible design.

We were a damn fine QA team when we had a f*****g test server

3 Likes

If you enter NES (New Eden Store) while in in bastion mode and the bastion made have been disabled (AKA off at the end of the cycle), the white progress around the module disappear when you returning from the NES

Nahh… thats a bit of an exaggeration imho. People are just used to make the current day’s profits because CCP made it so incredible easy for them to not share but keeping all profits for themselves.

If that would have been mechanically impossible right from the start (by chosing designs that demand so much attention and fast-paced decisionmaking that in most environments out there you simply cannot humanly control more than one or two characters at a time) we would see A LOT more cooperation and sharing of rewards today. And people wouldn’t mind working together for 100mio/hr each because they know if they would go “solo” they couldn’t even tackle content that would pay that well and they would be stuck at 50 or 60 mio/hr with the content that is humanly doable on a single account.

However you are right, EVE would need to be re-designed from scratch to achieve that, something that we won’t see happening. My only hope is that CCP pays more attention in the future when designing content, so the highest-end activities are all so demanding, that they will stay pure group-content that isn’t humanly possible doable by multiboxing.

6 Likes

The cost of ships is extremely high compared to the prices several years ago. Ships used to cost a hell of a lot less. The Orca’s original price was only 400 million. Now it’s 2 billion. The cost of a Hulk went from a few million to 270m.

Profit doesn’t mean what it used to.

It’s called inflation, and it works the same way in EVE that it does in real life…

Except in EVE - on top of the inflation - the materials composition of the blueprints also change from time to time and make them somewhat not 1:1 comparable over time.

Which begs the question why we spend time doing ME research.

PLS CCP fix the volatility on the Mercoxit Crystals

it is still the old value, i m still burning 4 times the crystals by Mining Mercoxit.

4 Likes

Strange that plex hasnt gone up, that must reflect the amount of loser farmers the game has……

The second mission of the AIR Epic Arc states in the text to “do it in a mining ship”, but then requires you to switch into the Pioneer they gave you for the previous mission (instead of a mining ship in general).

1 Like

@CCP_Kestrel

Pretty disappointing that after 24 days you STILL have not removed the error on the Ship Tree which shows that for ORE, even the Venture and the new mining destroyer require Omega. How difficult can it be to correct that?

5 Likes

CCP has found a new way to annoy people with their UX.

I’m currently aligned to a far away gate. Typically, it would say in this area “Aligning | XYZ-AB 123”. Now, it does not when I start aligning after a gate jump or from a stopped ship position. The hint appears and disappears a moment later. I have to give the Align command again to make this hint stay on screen. As soon as I stop the ship and align again, the hint disappears again.

It goes from
grafik
to


to disappear completely. This is repeatable ad nausseam. Sometimes the hint disappears without the second step, too.

This is really annoying.

4 Likes

This reminds me of basically anywhere near Amarr. Thanks for the cartoonishly bright nebula CCP. I didn’t need my retinas. Or to be able to see my modules. Or overview. Or anything.

3 Likes

I am. Not that I call it making a living. It’s just a game and some distraction.

But I am an exception, that’s true.

2 Likes

Solo player, solo character?

Single account since 2009. Mostly solo. I have been part of a null sec alliance, and I have friends in this game, I’m not ‘solo’ in that regard. But alliance ops have never put isk in my wallet, nor hanging out with my friends. Not that isk is important to me. Just happens that I am good at something on my own which happens to increase my wallet balance.

3 Likes

That’s a feature. It wants you to use the pioneer