Version 23.02 - Catalyst - Known Issues

Add settings to adjust the new sounds individually. The sound of gas digging at a maximum distance just gets on your nerves, and to turn it off, you have to turn off all interface sounds.

4 Likes

Turn off the damn “canyon winds blowing” sound in asteroid belts. That is utterly ridiculous…

5 Likes

This needs to be made for station interior sounds as well. Human voiceover needs to be decoupled from station atmosphere sounds. Currently the only way to turn off human speech in stations is to mute the whole station atmosphere, which is not what I want to do. I still want to hear station background, but no human voiceover!

1 Like

Really makes me wonder where this crappy sound comes from in terms of sound categories. I have turned off Atmospheric, but I still hear it. Is this Ship Ambience? Would be really great if CCP documented this crap for players so that players can make informed choices and get rid of annoyances like these.

2 Likes

While speaking of annoyances: The auto ship rotation in station still has no individual slider to turn off and you still need to disable “Dynamic Camera Movement” completely to avoid vomiting right into your monitor while docked.

Could this please be addressed rather sooner than later? It somewhat kills immersion if you totally have to disable the camera movement to be able to play the game at all.

2 Likes

This is an older problem and has been there for as long as SKINr studio has existed, but I haven’t seen anybody else point it out – SKINr Studio does not save all the design elements correctly. There are occasions where it ‘forgets’ colors you have used on a SKINr. I haven’t seen it ‘forget’ patterns, but colors it ‘forgets’ all the time.

This happens in the preview stage (when reviewing your saved designs in the studio) and when you then click ‘edit design’, then the faulty or missing paints are gone in the editing stage as well. The funny thing is, though, that if you click on the faulty design multiple times, then eventually the thing ‘remembers’ all the correct elements again and nothing is missing. But sometimes I have to click about 10 times to get it to ‘remember’ everything correctly.

This is extremely annoying and inefficient for saving designs and a very strange bug that should be fixed already.

Got an example right away when going to the Paragon Studio today.
This is how one of my designs is saved:

This is how it occasionally comes up in the studio:

This happens ALL THE TIME. It shouldn’t be such a hassle to save something!

Wow, didn’t know there was an option for auto ship rotation in station… Probably because I disabled Dynamic Camera Movement back when it was first implemented…

That’s what I like about this game, doesn’t matter how long you’ve played it, there’s always something new to learn, even if you don’t plan on using it…

Since when did your mining ship automatically aligning towards the last station you undocked from upon your ore hold reaching 90% become a thing?

2 Likes

Just another oddity I have noticed while my ship spins in stations – why are the engines still burning or “on”? In the past, when you docked, the engines shut down and went dark. But now, constantly running.

1 Like

Gameplay:

  • Slash commands via chat have been disabled.

Does that mean I cannot use /me anymore?

why remove slash commands? try nerfing shield supercapital?

1 Like

nvm resolved by miracle ..

Hello,

This is a problem that will obviously go unnoticed, even though many of us have reported it, and it makes mining a pain.

The survey scanner is fine, but it would be good to first fix the problem (which didn’t exist before) where when a rock is finished, it has to be removed from the scan. And don’t force the player to rescan.

For multiboxers, it’s just hell.

It should also be possible to right-click in the survey scanner to choose which columns you want to display. In my case, I would like to see only the quantity and distance, because I have minimized the window as much as possible since my HUD already contains a lot of useful information. But with all the other information that is not useful to me, I am forced to sacrifice columns that would be useful to me.

CCP, please do this for miners.

Translate FR to ENG sorry if any error.

1 Like

Nice! Maybe not a bug, but a feature? :wink:

4 Likes

It means you cannot even open the journal any more either .

Why is this a defect? It’s a niche QoL improvement for a very small group of people in the game. CCPlease stop making things harder. I am nearly conviced to stop running multiple accounts, and if i thought it would change I would do so in protest.

This game would be so much better if players could only have a single account.

4 Likes

Then nothing would ever get done. The number of concurrent logged in players would drop by at least half. I multibox because I want to mine/rat/haul/whatever when I have the time to do so, not whenever my corp can gather up enough members…

4 Likes

The problem with EVE is that people feel like they can do everything themselves. Mining, ganking, exploration; it is all done solo. I’ve been solo from 2009 until about two weeks ago. Unless you are a thief or panning for gold, it is unlikely you’ll be making a living by yourself.

1 Like

Sure, but then CCP would have to redesign the entire game from the ground up. The way EVE’s gameplay loops are setup, it was not designed to be done solo from the start. Everything in EVE demands the use of multiple characters because almost nothing is rewarding enough to be shared with others. Certainly not mining, certainly not mission running, certainly not anom ratting, certainly not combat and hacking exploration, certainly not manufacturing, markets, research and invention.
The only notable exceptions to this rule are Incursions (high sec at least, as low sec incusions are heavily monopolized by multiboxer low sec residents), enforced solo abyss and hanging around in stations alone. Nothing else is done well when shared with other people.

2 Likes