Anytime I try to view my jump clones in the clone bay of a station, my client completely crashes. This occurs on multiple clients, as well. This happens even if there are no clones in other stations. I run 4 clients at HIGH settings just fine. There are literally no other issues but this. I frequently change clones (sometimes 3 times in an hour). So this is a major issue for my gameplay style.
Windows 10 22H2 (Latest)
RTX 3090 Ti (Clean 546.17 2023.11.14)
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX (Bios F9 2023.11.09)
I have tried the following:
- Clearing client cache. (This works for just that client, but all other clients still crash)
- Clear client cache on all individual clients. (Makes it so the crash occurs on all clients)
- Verified games files under Tools / Cache at the launcher. (No issues found by tool.)
- Uninstalled EVE completely (Still crashed on re-install)
- Uninstalled EVE completely, removed %appdata% files, removed Documents files, removed CCP and EVE regesitry entries. (Clients still crash.)
- Used DDUninstaller v188.8.131.52, rebooted, Windows auto driver was blocked, and reinstalled NVIDIA 546.17 (2023.11.14)
I’m really at my wit’s end here. I cannot think of anything else to try. Any help is appreciated. I’m more than happy to record a video demonstrating what I’ve stated.
EDIT: It appears to be related to the character model in the Character Sheet. I had been so distracted trying to resolve the clone bay issue I hadn’t thought to try the Character Sheet. When it immediately crashed when the Character Sheet was opened, I realized it must’ve been the character 3D model in the left pane.
I decided to dig around and I discovered under Display & Graphics a setting at the bottom labeled Low Quality Characters. I clicked this radio button on all of my clients. I then checked each clone bay and character sheet and none of them crashed!
CONCLUSION: There appears to be an issue with the default character 3D model in the Character Sheet that is not compatible with my hardware/OS configuration, causing the client to crash to desktop when selecting a jump clone, or opening the Character Sheet. Selecting Low Quality Characters on all clients will correct this issue.