Voigt-Kampff test for Factional Warfare Bots

You do actually get LP for kills in FW it’s just based on the value of the ship and even a big kill is only worth about the same as 1 plex or 1 mission so mostly ignored as a source of LP.

1 Like

Right, I mean to increase it. Just for the bot issue and it would increase PvP on all fronts at the same time.

Increase the LP gained from kills only on Novice Acceleration gates and subtract it directly from the character that was killed.

As all these bots can easily be killed as they land on the Novice gate, when they are killed they lose 50 Mil LP - Not in any other complex. The 50 Mil LP would be credited to the pilot who kills the bot.

This would primarily affect the bots and wipe them out as they would quickly hit 0 LP.

This would also greatly encourage PvP.

Players are already killing them like crazy… make it more lucrative for players to kill them is all I am saying… in a way that would cut down on the bots and increase PvP at the same time… beef up what the players are already doing.

It would be a blast!

I have a lot longer list of bots but that wouldn’t help in any way to post them. The bots i face mostly just use “Atron, Tristan, Stratios, Cormorant, Incursus”. Stratios bot was back yesterday as i`ve seen and got reported flying around Aset also but looks like the botter has changed the staging systems for his chars.

Fw is not dead, you get cool fights for offensive and defensive plexing but the thing is, there would be even more going on if stupid bot’s wouldn’t contest so many systems and flying around everywhere. I’ve spend so much time on hunting things i didn’t know it’s another bot which will leave anyway. Waste of time. I don’t think making it more lucrative to kill them would help because that would be NPC bashing and people would just focus more on npc pvp instead of real pvp with and against players.

Also one other big problem “offtopic” is that big alliances will use a cyno to blob if we would have bigger fights going on between militas, that’s the real reason why bigger fights like in the past “kourmonen 230 peoples involved” between militias don’t happen anymore.

To get back to topic, i dont think we can influence that bots much. There are hundreds and hundreds if not more. Also

As all these bots can easily be killed as they land on the Novice gate,

isn’t the case. Becase they will only go there if nothing is on dscan. Sure you could use a recon or whatever. But you would need a sensor booster and eventually loosing such an expensive ship because of a bot isn’t worth the hassle.

The best content I find in FW is when the tide is turning LP becomes worth enough for people to return but the bots make the war zone shift too fast.

When you have 3 sebos and Hyperspatial rigs and an alt on every out gate they are easy to catch but given they are a 1 mil ship you can see why most players don’t bother. Do we really want to waste the time of 4 players to catch one bot ?

Yeah the big corps just mothball everything once their militia is on the back foot,

That is just the current batch, in the previous epidemic they only did smalls and they all carried 20k faction amo so each bot was over 10 mil but no one could catch them in a PVP fitted ship I was using a slasher with no prop and 3 disrupters targeting rigs and sensor booster. Sometimes people caught them with covert ops or a blingy interceptor maulus navy but not enough.

As much as I like having 300 kills and being top killer in militia it is as fake as the bots

Not even that these days you can just sit outside the plex and wait for them to land if it is safe for you to do so. As far as I can tell they only Dscan 1000000 km

They are easy to kill if you know who they are and what their repetitive behaviour is. Most militia don’t and even fewer neutrals will, they don’t even show as war targets to them it’s just another name in local, it’s really only effective to be specifically hunting bots but even then it would take about 6 players to stop them entirely multiplied by whatever fraction of the day they can be online for. It would be 20 very committed players all doing something about as dull as dishwater.

1 Like

Again I say up the LP rewards for killing opposing FW pilots… / bots.

The LP reward for killing FW players is 1/10 the price of the ship if it was greater than the price of the ship people would just shoot their own alts.

In 2008 CCP assigned a dev to wipe out mining bots-- and after some months, he got it done. With the help of the player community, who mailed him reports when they spotted mining bots. I suppose bottters are more sophisticated about managing accounts, etc. now though. Still, the idea of organizing a project fueled by community intel is probably still a good one.

Months are not needed in this case as in a matter of 30 minutes it is extremely easy to find the bots. These botters are not more sophisticated… they do not try to hide it etc.

Increase the LP rewards for killing opposing FW pilots (and deduct it from the loser ) and it will be taken care of post haste + increase PvP in general. The bots will go bankrupt.

1 Like

In 2008 there were no alpha bots so a bot had to make x amount to be in profit, that might only have been 1/3 the isk that a sub costs these days but still it is notable that an alpha bot can exist so long as it covers only the cost of the ships it loses. The whole operation is done AFK so there is no reason for the bots to stop because they make enough to cover that in the 3 hours I go to sleep.

2 Likes

Captcha on pod respawn would hugely reduce AFK boting I’m fairly sure this isn’t just a problem in FW it would be nice to get some feedback where else this is occurring

2 Likes

You don’t even need any weapons to kill them in high sec, you can just point them and let the navy kill them

Yeah, it would reduce AFK botting. It would also be a huge pain in the ass to human players. I made a post here about a way to make bots vastly more vulnerable at the cost of making everyone else running plexes potentially more vulnerable; this can be solved by bringing friends. (The other half of that post is unrelated to this topic.)

You can kill bots somewhat successfully with an astero, and possibly a stealth bomber. With an astero, warp in cloaked and activate the gate. A gank astero with sensor boosters work best. Alternatively, you can camp a novice site cloaked at 30km. Decloak when a bot appears and engages the NPC.

Unfortunately bots drop poor loot, and don’t care if you pod them. If anything, podding just allows them to reship quicker. Meanwhile, you’re taking significant hits to your sec status, with little payoff. I concluded that it’s not worth it. Bots win.

Because human players are in a huge rush after being podded and it happens so many times a day and it takes about 10 seconds to do a captcha ?

I’m not very familiar with entosis mechanics but maybe there is a possible solution in that direction, any reason why a bot can’t use entosis ?. Other than being alpha

Okay, yeah I guess you make a fair point there. It doesn’t happen very often. That said, I still don’t like the idea of having to solve one every time I get podded. And anyway, I don’t think it would help, since I don’t often see bots getting podded.

Bots can use entosis links; and therein lies the trap. Once they start using them, they’re stuck there. This creates a huge deterrent since, when combined with the fact that the bot would have to be omega, it makes the bot very vulnerable to being blown up, vastly reducing the profitability, perhaps removing it entirely.