o7. Hi New Eden, Zipp Adoudel here. I am running for CSM.
What is the CSM? The CSM is suppose to be a democratically elected group of people that CCP can present ideas to and the CSM can help shape how ideas take place. The CSM is not a developer. They do not present problems with the intent to fix. The CSM is a player based advisory group to CCP.
Should the CSM be representative of all of Eve, independent of where they park their ship? Yes. If someone in your alliance or corp doesn’t get elected, does that mean you are not represented? No. The CSM is about advancing Eve. Not for just the big guy, but for everyone. The CSM has its shortcomings but works to fix game imbalances as they come and should be viewed as an important part of Eve. This institution attempts to represent all pilots of Eve. It is meant to treat each play style with viability and to pursue new and interesting ways in which old playstyles can be reborn. The CSM is like a phoenix. (Not the Caldari dread.) The mythological creature that is reborn from its own ashes. The CSM is meant to take old ideas, and guide them into new play.
Some ideas I’d like to put forward on the CSM are:
- Loot drop from killing structures in null (50%). This would hopefully increase content from defending assets, a use or lose sort of system, and at the bare minimum it would give attackers an incentive.
- Make rorq mining interactive (potentially similar to Fighter Mechanics for Excavator Drones) this would reduce the ability to multibox to remove afk rorq mining. This will cause supers and titans to be less available, and will make building of said ships a community activity
- Continue to support rebalance/redesign (Marauders, ECM), in hopes of changing or broadening the meta (Marauders could have a special function, like cyno jamming, when in bastion, or could be an anti capital ship that gets bonuses to resists of capital guns and fighters when in bastion mode. Where as ECMs could be made effective but in a less oppressive way than before with stat tweeks)
With the understanding that I am not bringing ideas to CCP, I would like to present a few of my thoughts on Eve. Here are guidelines that I would follow when making a decision:
- My playstyle does not trump yours. My fun is not your fun, and it doesn’t have to be.
- When presented with an idea, I will attempt to explore all ways in which the idea could impact New Eden. The four big areas would be the 4 parts of space (High, low, null, and wh). Other areas would include PVE (mining, production, mission running, etc) and PVP(small gang, large fleet, SOV, Structure bashing, etc)
- If given the choice between something that supports small gang or fleet PVP, I push for improvements to smaller scale experiences with less TiDi. Daily interaction that are small scale should be given more weight and hopefully result in the occasional large fleet/cap brawl.
- New vs fix; This is an interesting question. Would I favor a new ship over a rebalance of an old ship? Would I favor a new mechanic over fixing an old one? The answer is that it depends. Best case is I would hear the arguments for both and make a decision based on one of the other points presented. Worst case is I would listen to arguments for both, look for unintended consequences of each choice, and make a decision based on which one suites more of a majority of the game. Content creation will always win out.
- Capitals? I feel that capitals are a sledgehammer in Eve. Many other things are scalpels. What I mean by this statement is, Capitals show up too often and can solve many problems. Titans should not have HAW guns and dreads should not be able to apply to stuff below BC without additional support. Each ship has a purpose and it isn’t “Use for everything.”
- CCP, CSM, and player relations must be kept at the foreground for every idea. Transparency should be second nature, when it can be, and that relationship should be fostered so that players trust both the CSM and CCP. The CSM should not have the reputation of something that was a good idea and never panned out
- Last, and just as important, I will not make everyone happy with all of my decisions. My decisions may or may not be implemented. I can say without a doubt that I will do my best to represent the biggest majority of Eve every time. I am running for CSM for Eve itself, not for my Alliance, nor for my corp. I want Eve to be better when I leave office. The game needs more representatives willing to enrich the player experience and provide content opportunity
I have a resume and a candidate short bio that is or will be out there shortly. I am not going to rehash those credentials. I have been with many Alliances, and as I play Eve, I am sure I will be with many more. I welcome all discussion. If you would like to schedule a time to chat about your group’s concerns, I would gladly welcome it. I am by no means an expert in Eve. I am but a humble student and willing to represent each and everyone of you to the best of my ability. I have set up an email for my campaign and for my time in office, if I fit your needs. Please send me thoughts on Eve and all requests to [ZippAdoudel@gmail.com] or @ZAdoudel on twitter.
For PVP stats see my PVP toon Somer Adoudel
To view my Resume Click Here