Wait, did Chribba retire?

Did Chribba retire from hosting third party services???

I was not aware of this change. Such shock. Much wow. Great dissapoint.

1 Like

EVE Search, EVEBoard, and EVE-Files are still up and running. EVE-Files is read-only now though.

2 Likes

EVE Offline is also Chribbas.

He isn’t logging in as much now since 3rd party services were affected significantly by Citadel introduction, but he still appears to be hosting a lot of EVE related sites he has built.

3 Likes

This should definitely have been in the patch notes.

6 Likes

Seems that most of the sites are basically null and void now.

Eveboard no longer shows all the Character stats for each capsuleer like it use to do, now it just shows ranking in a few different categories.
http://eveboard.com/global/

Eve Files has had it’s content significantly reduced and no longer contains all the different Video’s it once had.
https://eve-files.com/

Eve Search no longer mirrors the forums due to CCP now using this Discourse forum.
https://eve-search.com/

1 Like

At some point even the great men of history can’t put in any more effort and energy in to a game where emergent gameplay gets more and more replaced with boring, horrible and arbitrary gameplay mechanics.

15 Likes

but still useful for archive research, on the new forum’s most incessant burning questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I agree. However most of that info will probably become irrelevant since CCP is hellbent on changing Eve into something totally different.

2 Likes

EvE would greatly miss Chirrba when he retires.

7 Likes

I’m not really sure if people who fly medium shield extender ECM mining Ravens get to have a say in how we treat our great men (m/f).

3 Likes

Great men of history don’t play video games. Let’s not equate quitting EVE with an act of a great man. We’re all basement dwellers.

8 Likes

This is also true.

But Chribba is a top level dweller

7 Likes

Some are greater than others.

Removed a bunch of off topic posts. Keep it on topic and civil, thank you.

No more warnings.

3 Likes

@ISD Dorrim Barstorlode ever consider relocating to china? just saying bro :japanese_ogre:

If you have an issue with the way moderation is performed, please file a support ticket. Thank you.

10 Likes

If he retired, he didn’t mention it on Twitter. His last tweet was about 3 weeks ago. I can’t imagine EvE without him, I hope everything is ok with him.

3 Likes

I dunno why he’d retire. He got a date out of Mintchip.

3 Likes

The ship spinning will never stop! Everything else is on a slow burn :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to keep running all websites. EVE-Files suffered from a hard-drive crash and was only able to recover so much from old backups. But with the declining numbers of users it didn’t make the sense to try bringing it back to its original state (plus the fact that it was still running ASP which is really hard to make work on modern platforms haha).

It’s been 15 years or awesomeness, but my coding skills is still back in 2007 :wink:

27 Likes

Omg it’s the man himself! Glad to hear you’re still playing. Just wouldnt be the same without you.

1 Like