Want to try assault frigs

Can use all of them. Which are more suited to solo and is there anywhere I can find fit suggestions? tips and tricks?

As far as AFs are concerned, Retribution is the king atm. Fit it exactly the same as a Slicer with bling in the right places and you are projecting 294 DPS cold @22 km while cap stable with point & MWD on. It goes without saying that the thing is flown exactly like a Slicer too. Also just like a Slicer, the Retribution has only one viable fit if you want to remain in the cool kids club.

Jaguar is another good option with 5 mid slots. Using the right combination of tank and control, you can often take on the odds and survive. However, the lack of DPS means your opponents probably will, too. The speed is also a bit on the low side, but that’s somewhat mitigated by your control ability.

Enyo also deserves a mention for the good old Gallente facemelting DPS. Just like how a Retri is a Slicer on steroids, Enyo is a Comet on steroids but quite a bit slower (tbf Retri is also the same way but Snakes). It gets 3 mid slots which is adequate and easily breaks the 400 DPS mark.

Ultra generic question, fit and race will depend on what and where you want to pvp…

Wolf is amazing for killing ratters in the south for example since you can swap dmg types to shoot a particular ship dmg hole and got insane EM/ thermal resist.

Fitting time! My favorite time of day. These are some I’ve had some fun with:

The beam kite Retri has already been mentioned so I won’t touch on it, and instead mostly focus on some brawlers, because sometimes you just want to brawl the spod.

brawl Harpy

[Harpy, buffer neutrons]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[Empty High slot]

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x480

This isn’t quite what I lost I think about a week ago, but it’s pretty close; I think for frigates/destroyers neutrons are really important not so much due to improved DPS but rather the projection. This goes double for the Harpy, in fact, as with Null you have a whopping 7 kilometer optimal range- for small blasters that’s actually insane. With Void you still get ~3.8 km optimal and with heat you dump about 350 DPS. It’s ~11.4k EHP.

It’s a little tight on PG and you’ll need AWU 5 and Hybrid Rigging 4 in order to fit it; if you lack AWU 5 however a cheap 1% PG implant will have you covered no problem.

For the Gallente equivalents there’s a brawl fit for both the Enyo and Ishkur:

do you identify as a blaster brawler? if yes expand this

[Enyo, blaster brawl]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Coreli C-Type Explosive Plating

Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II

[Ishkur, AAR nos blasters]

Coreli C-Type Explosive Plating
Assault Damage Control II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Acolyte II x5
Warrior II x5

Faction/deadspace explosive platings are very important IMO as they put you at ~50% explosive resist, and the fantastic therm/kin profile means that going for a resist plug rather than an ANP is very forgiving. ADC as spare pants is nice too.

The Enyo gets ~420 DPS with Void, and then ~15-30 DPS from a single light drone (your choice what you pack, I recommend Acolyte or Warrior 2s). This one I’ve probably had the greatest success with, mauling a pair of Stabbers, and clubbing a Slasher in a series of running engagements before succumbing to a third follow-on Stabber and his friends.

The Ishkur I haven’t yet flow, but I think it has promise, particularly in terms of looking engageable to other frigates. It’s ~312 DPS including Acos and using Void, and the tank is a little better due to the nano pump rig- which is primarily there as the Ishkur lacks the PG to cleanly fit both neutrons and a damage/RoF rig for the guns. Magstab vs DDA is slightly preferential, but if you’re going all-in on a brawling fit I’d say the magstab will serve much better.

If you run into a rapid jesus Caracal, pray he has Scourge loaded. If he does giggle away. If he doesn’t flee to the ends of New Eden.

Addendum regarding drug choice for all of the above blaster brawler fits: pyro is your friend. Ishkur may be able to run Exile/Hardshell but I’d probably go Pyrolancea anyways.

If you like rockets then I think these are quite good:

rocket memes

[Hawk, MWD Pith MSB injector ADC]

Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
[Empty High slot]

Standard Blue Pill Booster
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB5 Dose II

[Jaguar, MWD Pith MSB injector ADC]

Ballistic Control System II
Assault Damage Control II
Co-Processor II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
[Empty High slot]

Small Bay Loading Accelerator II
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x2
Warrior II x2

Standard Blue Pill Booster
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB3 Dose I

With the listed drugs you can easily clear 300 DPS worth of tank. DPS may be a problem by comparison to the above blaster brawlers unfortunately- the Hawk is good for 250 DPS heated with Scourge Rage, while the Jag with Hobgoblin IIs is good for ~226 DPS heated with Rage.

Between the two I think it’s slightly preferential. Jags are super fast for a brawling AF with no speed mods going almost 3300 m/s cold compared to ~2700-2900 m/s for the other offerings. However the Hawk has the advantage of ridiculously huge cargo bay- you can easily pack over 20 Navy 400 charges to fuel the shield booster by virtue of a pair of small cans.

Note that as these two have empty utility highs an offline probe launcher is probably a decent use, since you can shut off one of your tackle mods and then online the probe launcher and try and scan your way out if you get camped in somewhere.

The Vengeance is also an option for rocket brawls, but it’s fit more like the above Enyo/Ishkur running an AAR. It also suffers from pretty poor agility dropping it to ~5 second align time rather than the generally 4-second align that every other AF gets.

classical kite Wolf

[Wolf, arty kite]

Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Gyrostabilizer II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
[Empty High slot]

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

The arty Wolf. Definitely needs AWU 5 to fit, but only Projectile Rigging 4. If you don’t have AWU 5 you can swap the rig levels around to a T2 ACR+T1 damage rig and fit without implants, or go for a 1/2% PG implant.

Sadly the arty Wolf is pretty much 100% a totally inferior arty Svipul. The flipside is that it’s generally much cooler looking and also I’d say it’s a bit more engageable. Also, it’s superfast. With dual nanos it goes ~4 km/s cold, and has great agility. Not quite Slicer level, but it’s close.

With the enduring-variant prop/point it’s also stable unless/until you need to cycle the AAR.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.