Wanted Dead or Alive "Bounty system overhaul"

thank you for pointing out

this is the one thing i have not been abel to fix yet

• first i wanted to make it so that bounties over a certain treshold can only be done by coperations
    and the timelimit to do one of those bounties would indeed also have a much longer time limit.
    ( i don’t want an entire corp to work together with hundreds of players to get one guy so BIG NO)

• there is also the option of making a hard limit on how big a bounty can be placed on someones head
    bounties would be from 50mil to 1bil ( nobody likes limiting bounties)

I must thank you gave of me a new idea to try out

• what if it does not matter if you only destroy your target in a frigat as long as you bring him in alive he will be forced to pay the remaining isk that is left of the 150% (minimum asset destruction)

• so no matter how big the bounty is a decent solo player can still go after the biggest bounties and make the target pay the consequences
    if the target does not have the isk directly to pay him out he will be given the option to give assets to concord the same way he pays isk according to local market stats

• this could, in turn, create a new mechanic what if concord ai goes to pick that stuff up and hauls it to a national depot like caravans people could try to target concord to get these resources making them ofcourse criminals but that is game mechanics.
  • with this, we don’t want to destroy alliances by putting trillion isk bounties on peoples heads and to defeat one alliance you just gotta find that one person but we can still raise the max bounty limit to a higher number lets say 10bil.

• we also don’t want people to put 100 of billion isk bounties on alliances leaders head or anyone for that matter to so the criminal law that i wrote a few comments back would come in place here

• when you are at war with another corporation does not give you valid reasons to put bounties on their heads, which in turn targets bounties more to griefers who do not care and gate campers who shoot everything that comes true the gates and could, in turn, lower the number of lawless gatecamps

• this rule also comes in place when for factional warfare if you fight for a nation against another it does not give you valid reason to place bounties or something like that (but for this i do want bounties allowed so let’s not talk about it.

there was something else i wanted o type but i forgot

if there is anything else to point out go ahead

fly safe

No one had ever been able to fix the “alt kill”.

There have been many fun bounty ideas, but there is no point in even discussing the details of a bounty system until alt kill is addressed.

first and all his does not make it that simple to war deck anybody
your enemy should first brake the law that i stated and even if he did and you placed a bounty on someone the chance that you will roll them in the pool of bounties is very slim

but what the system with the law i made does do is make bounties most of the time be on griefers who attack everybody and gate campers that kill everybody that comes true so i think nobody would have a issue with clearing them out of the way

fly safe

You can already kill griefers and gate campers. What does your system add except a hypernet raffle for killrights?

a money reward and a working bounty system :smile:
that specifically targets them

I have a dream “a dark and cruel universe where any of your missteps can kill you”.

With years EVE lost its cruelty. Every change moves the game toward a kindergarten sandbox with ponies and rainbows.

We should stop it, we should dream about wildwood with bears, snakes, and poisonous plants.

So, to make this dream true bounty system should be simple and cruel.

1. Any person Ein places a bounty on any person Zwei
  2. Any person Drei accept contract “to kill any person Zwei in one week”
  3. Starting now, if persons Ein, Zwei or Drei dies by any reason it’s permadeath
  4. If person Drei has killed person Zwei (here is your money) or time is up, permadeath is canceled

because in my dream there is a dark and cruel universe you can abuse this system at any time and in any position

P.S.
I think every game mechanic should allow

• abusing (two alts one places bounty and second accepts contract)
  • and contr-abusing (falsifying ID and evading permadeath)
  • and contr-contr-abusing (bribing CONCORD to discovery new ID).

We should dream about The Game of Abuses.

@von_Susla

Not quite sure what to think about your “Dark and Cruel Universe” :sweat_smile:
I would like to see a “dark and cruel universe” of eve one day but that won’t get us a decent bounty system

Allowing you to abuse alt accounts to place bounties and hunt the same bounties with a alt is not possible

you would need to have extreme luck to roll that exact bounty and i
kinda forgot what I said about those things let me take a look…

it ain’t perfect but it sets the basic rules to prevent alt account rerolling

second, there is no permadeath !!!

third, yeah bribing indeed is interesting i would be like you pay locater agents to give wrong information or stuff like that. let’s keep that in mind.

The easiest way to stop the abuse would be to shift the bounty system to requiring a trade. For example, if you could not just freely apply a bounty to anyone, you could not scam/abuse it so easily. So I think we should be looking at changing the bounty system in a way that potentially only allows specific individuals, corporations, or alliances to apply them under specific conditions.

In addition, it’d be interesting to see a mechanic like “if your bounty is equal or more then the ship your flying, you can be attacked anywhere, with no response from concord”.

This could be a good solution to removing abuse from high sec ganking, and replacing it (allowing for its total removal from the game).

1st step to a healthy bounty system…

Should be removing the player agency.

If you commit a crime (flashy red), the Empire you are in should place a bounty on you, not players.

after that, then we the player base can talk about furthering an idea to create a bounty hunter profession.

So now it’s an isk faucet, excellent! Just what we need.

for Bounty Hunters?

uhm sure, its supposed to be as that would be their job, no?

Let’s just have the faction navies hunt the outlaws. We can remove the player agency as bounty hunters, too.

No, an Isk faucet as in injecting new invented isk into the game.
You can’t see how this would be gamed by gankers for even more profit right?

and what is your point?

the thread is about overhauling the “said” profession so it is real profession.

and it would be no different than ratting.
Besides you are skipping the 1st step that is absolutely necessary, removing player agency from placing bounties.

if all you are going to do is whine like a carebear then shut up and piss off. otherwise start being constructive like i was attempting.

That your idea causes a significant isk faucet and actually acts counter to the point because of how abusable it is by the gankers themselves to make ganking even more lucrative.
Therefore it is not a viable system.

Also no need to react so abusively to your idea having holes poked in it.

sure why not so long as the station guns and gate guns also insta blap you if you are so much -0.01 after doing a criminal action.

You seem bitter. Did you get ganked?

I am a ganker

Removed some off topic posts.

1 Like

Oh great. Another @Chance_Ravinne lemming